Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Is It Worth?
^^^^^^^^^ someones comments are missing in here, Jay why did u take them away for?

yeah that is so true, West coast cars are lot more, I guess its bc of the fact there isnt that many competition. Even with new cars there isnt that many new car dealers. So i guess prices would be higher over there.

As for here, there is so many used and new cars that ppl try to be more competative and prices are lot lower.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Lower resale value of Ontario cars could also be the fact that they tend to age a lot faster than cars out west. Newer cars in ON can have a lot more rust, etc than a very similar car in the west.

And yeah about selling the car, you really need to get lucky and find the right person to buy a modified car and give you a decent price for it.
guilty,May 14 2006, 11:28 PM Wrote:And yeah about selling the car, you really need to get lucky and find the right person to buy a modified car and give you a decent price for it.
[right][snapback]187437[/snapback][/right]

Thats why Im saying try ebay.

I'm not sure how it works, but cant you set a reserve so your safe throwing it up seeing if theres any inetrest ??
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I'll give you $5,500 tops
Doesn't matter what you have done to it.
To get the Dollars your looking for would mean someone who likes a very soon to be eliinated body style.

Anyway Offer stands.
Sorry not trying to insult you but it is what it is.
Ebay is your best shot......
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
focusonthis_88,May 14 2006, 07:58 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 14 2006, 03:19 PM Wrote:And honestly, like Hardkore said, it doesnt flow with the car, thats something I told you the very 1st day you were thinking about it.  Go with something a lot cleaner....maybe SVT!!  Something you wont stress about when driving...I know my kit is lame and whatnot, but I dont worry at all about the WW lip kit I have on.
[right][snapback]187381[/snapback][/right]

The thing is I don't want to drop 2G in a body kit. I would go with a WW lip kit but I would need back my stock skirt and my front bumper...that I don't have..

Let me know about your bro in law for the welding.
[right][snapback]187400[/snapback][/right]

Who said anything about 2g's?

Im sure you can find somebody that would be willing to work something out trade wise. Try the guys on FJ, your reaching a much larger audience there.
if you have a clean title in hand, definitely post that when you make up your ebay ad. its pretty ugly to do a transaction when the person has a lien..

I sold my focus on ebay last month for 14k...

2003 - SVT ZX5 - 97000+KM

If you really wanna sell it. try ebay.

Personally i'd remove the turbo kit. sell the turbo kit seperatley and dump the car for 5gs.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Little off topic. something I just noticed Jay you should change your sig :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
scoobasteve,May 15 2006, 03:00 PM Wrote:I sold my focus on ebay last month for 14k...

2003 - SVT ZX5 - 97000+KM

If you really wanna sell it.  try ebay.

Personally i'd remove the turbo kit. sell the turbo kit seperatley and dump the car for 5gs.
[right][snapback]187519[/snapback][/right]

dam well done!
Sundown,May 15 2006, 12:18 AM Wrote:I'll give you $5,500 tops
To get the Dollars your looking for would mean someone who likes a very soon to be eliinated body style.

Anyway Offer stands.
[right][snapback]187442[/snapback][/right]

I will take 5,500$ if youre serious...
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
You people are crazy. I don't understand why people put all this money into a car and throw it all away. It's so common, it's just incredible.

Mine's been turbod for 4 years. I built it for me and me alone. It's irreplacable.
focusonthis_88,May 18 2006, 07:00 PM Wrote:

Anyway Offer stands.

[right][snapback]188422[/snapback][/right]

Eric, cmon dood. thats just dumb and a complete waste of money.

if your dead serious about selling it, throw it on ebay, Im sure youd get more than that.

The turbo, hellas, spoiler, and suspension is worth more than $5500 parted out. Seriously think about this.
^^ If they keep it, then yeah... go ahead, spend the cash. It's just another hobby, but one which happens to affect most of our daily drivers.

I'm with you... I don't see why people go so extreme / unique and then suddenly they're too good for the car or something. Very weird.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Flofocus,May 18 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,May 18 2006, 07:00 PM Wrote:

Anyway Offer stands.

[right][snapback]188422[/snapback][/right]

Eric, cmon dood. thats just dumb and a complete waste of money.

if your dead serious about selling it, throw it on ebay, Im sure youd get more than that.

The turbo, hellas, spoiler, and suspension is worth more than $5500 parted out. Seriously think about this.
[right][snapback]188444[/snapback][/right]

I know, but I would really like to put it back stock and be a sleeper but nobody would want to trade bumpers and skirt..Im willing to trade my body kit for stock bumpers and a little money.... And I would maybe put back the original shock too..But it's to find someone that want to do it...

2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
try PM'ing tdotzx3. I know he had a lot of different parts lying around. Maybe he'll have something for ya....

Or try out Lecavalier junkyard in Cumberland (ford owned) and see if they have anything that requires some minor fixing that you and I can fix....
I was thinking about your car recently.

maybe if you just changed the bodykit on it to something less extreme, maybe change the cars colour overall, you would like it a lot more.

maybe sell off your front end, and sides, then look into something a little more subtle. subtleness seems to be all the rage nowadays.

if you are unhappy with the turbo, add a boost controller and pump it out, change your octane and be pushing over 200fwhp.

I made my car for me. I dont think anyone would like it but me to own. maybe you are just a good candidate for a overhaul on your Focus.

if your still wanting to sell, part it out, I might buy some of the parts. Maybe you should have SAVED all the stock parts. I put them in a box in the crawlspace and forget about them. Hell after 1.5 years I put my stock intake back on and sold off my CAI. sooner or later I want to upgrade my front and sideskirts and I will be returning back to stock on those too.

have you installed that spoiler? because if so you will have to go get the hatch repaired because of the 2 holes you cut into it, so your looking at around $1000 to sell your car fir $5500, your going to lose a lot of money.

step back, take a deep breath, and make SURE you want to sell the Focus.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
at any rate Eric,

If you really want to sell it, I will buy it from you, I dont care about the cost of shipping.

so if your still into taking $5500 for it, I am definately serious about buying it.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
i hate to say it Lorne but buying a back east car and bringing out west is a mistake, not to take anything away from Eric but that would be a bad deal for both of you.

Eric, like i said on MSN, just drive the thing.
put the front bumper and sides up for trade on FF and FJ and go back to the stock look once you have found someone who wants the kit and is willing to trade. hopefully they are not to far from you and you can meet half way, swap the front bumpers and get some cash and be done with it.

like P-51 i bought this car with the original intention of turning into the exact car i wanted and wasn't worried about seeling it.
that was solidified when i got a few decks on it, minor enough to be easily repaired but major enough that it eliminated any chance to get a decent amount for it.
end result, turn it into a track car and play with it untill i destroy it, strip it, sell off the salvagable parts and move on to something else.

People HAVE TO UNDERSTAND that you never get money out of a modified car, NEVER. you put money into a car because you love it as a hoby and enjoy what you get out of the work, a big smile every time you drive the car.
if you do not get that smile factor then this isn't for you.
if you have a hard time justifying this sort of spending then this isn't for you

if you do not love this lifestyle then why start in the first place.
people like Rob and myself do it because we love it. money isn't the issue, if it breaks we use it as an excuse to upgrade and make it stronger/better. if something is holding us back, spend the money to buy it or build it so it is no longer a bottle neck.
that is part of the fun, the Evolution is what keeps that smile on my face.
the satisfaction of building something that exceeds your expectations is the part that makes you fall in love again.

sounds corny if you do not love working on and driving cars...

I think the real issue is... many younger guys got into "tuning" because it was the latest fad, not because they actually like cars. They get frustrated when it appears things aren't as easy as it is on TV/Movies. Or after winning a show trophy... it gets boring and they want to move on.

Tuning has now "jumped the shark". It's dying. I for one, am glad. I can soldier on without all the negative stereotyping.

The market is moving back to musclecars, and/or "VIP" type rides.
A lot of guys get bored because they over-commit to a certain type of tuning/modifying, and then when they run out of things to do and have too much to do to get back to stock... they feel cheated.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.