Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve's New Car Color Poll
So it looks like I'm ordering my new pony convertible... and I've sorta settled on the tungsten grey with black stripe, black interior, etc.. but sorta almost think I should get a lighter grey interior so I'm not baking my biscuits in the summer sun.

Anyhoo... take a gander at the poll, these are the options.. I would have loved a vista blue stang, but the only top color available is the medium parchment (which from the pictures I've seen appears to be a tan color). ugh.. that doesn't go well with racing stripes :P ...

what are yer thoughts. Go dark and mean, or go lighter and happier?

The car will have tinted windows regardless.. and all options are for the black roof except for the vista blue which is parchment.

appreciate the opinions folks...

I admit that the vista blue is mighty tempting... but what a gamble I'd be taking...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Grey with black stripe. New Elanor Colours... Althougth I still like the Yellow with black stripe from 71.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
red with white racing stripes :P
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Go with your original thoughts. That would be my choice.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I refuse to do red...

the mustang isn't a good "red car".. i've seen a few in person.. I tell ya, I likes the blue, but the gamble in going with the convertible is a hard gamble to take (though it'd be 100% original I'm sure)

my biggest issue is that I see so many Grey stangs... everywhere, grey...

darkpuppet,May 25 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:I refuse to do red...

the mustang isn't a good "red car".. i've seen a few in person.. I tell ya, I likes the blue, but the gamble in going with the convertible is a hard gamble to take (though it'd be 100% original I'm sure)

my biggest issue is that I see so many Grey stangs... everywhere, grey...
[right][snapback]189596[/snapback][/right]

Can't go wrong with black. B)
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I'd say the vista blue but I am not sure about the tan roof.. let me dig up a picture and see....

[Image: VistaGTVert-2.jpg]

I couldn't find one with the roof up but if the roof is anything like the interior then I think blue is the way to go.

Nice car!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
can you change the TOP on vista blue to white later on yourself?

you could do a overhaul for the int. white seats and white top. vista blue outside with white racing stirpe ;)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

you can get it in Germany ;)
[Image: 2006%20Mustang%20GT%20Conv%20VBlue0001.JPG]

How about white with Blue stripe?
[Image: 000188-200511-000008big.jpg]

Here is blue with Black int.
[Image: 4284mustanger.jpg]

SO what you are saying is that they dont have one for 06? maybe my dad can get you a used one for 05 and save you a bundle?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

nass,May 25 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:I'd say the vista blue but I am not sure about the tan roof.. let me dig up a picture and see....

[Image: VistaGTVert-2.jpg]

I couldn't find one with the roof up but if the roof is anything like the interior then I think blue is the way to go.

Nice car!
[right][snapback]189618[/snapback][/right]

mind ya, I"m not getting the GT.. .but DAMN!!! That looks good with the top down.

but I already knew that..what about with the top up?

mo_focus,May 25 2006, 08:07 PM Wrote:SO what you are saying is that they dont have one for 06? maybe my dad can get you a used one for 05 and save you a bundle?
[right][snapback]189622[/snapback][/right]

yeah it's an option on the '05...

maybe I wait and see what they offer in '07

i have to admit..

[Image: 4284mustanger.jpg]

looks good even with the stock 16"s ... could save money on HAVING to get wheels on day one.

I am still up in the air if I like the 4 lights vs the 2 lights... I'm 100% on the colour though, does it change coour in the sun do you know?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,May 25 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:I am still up in the air if I like the 4 lights vs the 2 lights... I'm 100% on the colour though, does it change coour in the sun do you know?
[right][snapback]189636[/snapback][/right]

no, it does not change color in the sun.. it's always that bright blue.

curious if it'd look good with tinted windows
(with the roof up that is)

black with red leather interior. looks amazing.
'03 Focus SVT
I called Black with grey racing stripes. If you want to go stealth fast, go with a stealth colour scheme.

Shame Ford doesn't see fit to offer the Mustang in a dark green anymore, dark forest green with a tan or black interior... pardon me while I mop up my drool ;)

NefCanuck
Blue with white... classic Mustang colours.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,May 26 2006, 06:51 AM Wrote:Blue with white... classic Mustang colours.
[right][snapback]189679[/snapback][/right]

Agreed!!!! Although it is always a good idea to go with your first insticts.. Either way it is a beautiful car!!
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
Tungsten grey, black racing stripe, black leather interior (with satin aluminum dash inserts), black top, black spoked wheels with polished lip
correction, I may have been confused... the black roof is available on the blue... but to be honest, I like the look of the parchment better.

and the picture that ruins the blue for me..

[Image: VistaPonyVert-1.jpg]

Blue is a tough color.. just looks better as a hardtop IMO

I think I'll be playing it safe this time around...

Can't really help but will say I don't like "racing stripes" of any sort and for a convertable a light coloured interior is always preferable over black unless you have a cleaning fetish. I was in a Mustang convertable the other day that had a black interior and it looked like crap from all the dirt and I'm sure it hadn't been long since the last cleaning knowing who was driving it.

I'd say the tan on blue but know you enjoy the occaisional "black & tan" at your favourite watering hole so maybe they can be a tie in there as well?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!