Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mustang Chronicles
So I'm now two weeks into my search for the perfect v6 mustang convertible, and things aren't looking up...

I wrote an e-mail to a friend of a friend's dealership to see if he could help me out, and they said they found my car (color, most options, except the alarm)...

and then sent an e-mail 10 minutes later saying it's not available....

And now, it looks like I may not have a car until the middle of August.

Is ford really selling that many stangs? or is it because they only make 5 a day? Or do they have a policy against non-pony-edition cars?

christ I hate car shopping...you'd think I was ordering a new skyscraper.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,May 29 2006, 12:52 PM Wrote:Is ford really selling that many stangs? [right][snapback]190188[/snapback][/right]
Yes
Quote:or is it because they only make 5 a day?  Or do they have a policy against non-pony-edition cars?
No, and no.
Quote:christ I hate car shopping...you'd think I was ordering a new skyscraper.
The waiting list for skyscrapers is way shorter. ;)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Wasn't someone on this board selling a red Saleen Mustang??? Bluetoy i think. Why not buy his steve??? More HP, more fun, less cost. :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Cobra, Not a convertivle...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Oscar The Grouch,May 29 2006, 01:14 PM Wrote:Wasn't someone on this board selling a red Saleen Mustang???  Bluetoy i think.  Why not buy his steve???  More HP, more fun, less cost. :D
[right][snapback]190200[/snapback][/right]

Steve was saying in the other thread that he was only buying a ford so they would take his car back after the lease.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
there is a ford dealership across from my work. They have atleast 20 stangs there. Tell me what you want and I'll take a look with pictures. Or call them up, parkway ford in waterloo :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Call Discovery, they have a slew of them as well.

Not sure if they would take the Focus though.

I'll bet that;s the main reason you're sticking with this particular dealer right?
Yup, I've already checked their online inventories this weekend.

(I should have been working, but I spent an hour searching the online inventory of every ford dealership in ontario)... no dice.. they're all automatics or GTs.

I've given the go-ahead on the factory order.

the waiting game begins... and sure, I won't have my car in time for my road trip in July, and sure, I'll be driving a car OFF warranty..

I wonder just how painful this is going to get.

congrats on placing the order ... there sekzi cars

whens the partout of the focus begin :D
Below Average Car Club
Congrats on the order.

Hope the wait isn't too long.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

schade,May 29 2006, 05:13 PM Wrote:congrats on placing the order ... there sekzi cars

whens the partout of the focus begin :D
[right][snapback]190251[/snapback][/right]

you can have whatever you want so long as you provide the replacement stock parts... and I mean stock as in no drilled holes that I have to fill in after the fact...

you'll be replacing half my engine bay for the vortech, and you'd still have to supply your own tune unfortunately...

i've got stock replacements for what i'm after .. and i can do the swap if needed, should it work out

and its not the vortech i'm interested in
Below Average Car Club
wow... the car is being built this week. I may have it as early as next week.

Now I gotta make sure they're getting the wheels I wanted...

Wheels..

Mustang tuning

Wheel replicas

All those wheels can be bought at 2kool Email him for pirces on anything not listed on the specials page.

Go here to look at wheels. Corral.net

Let the modding begin.

Prolly Is not a word
modding a v6 vert sounds like a great way to waste cash. i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual
naz,Jul 26 2006, 10:59 PM Wrote:modding a v6 vert sounds like a great way to waste cash. i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual
[right][snapback]199220[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but thats your boring answer for everything. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
naz,Jul 26 2006, 10:59 PM Wrote:modding a v6 vert sounds like a great way to waste cash. i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual

modding any car is a great way to waste cash...

it'll be just a fun car IMO.. and I don't need the GT to feel justified in buying a stang...

Flofocus,Jul 27 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:
naz,Jul 26 2006, 10:59 PM Wrote:i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual
Yeah but thats your boring answer for everything. :P
[right][snapback]199243[/snapback][/right]

yup. i'm a boring person. that's me. only guy you'll ever see going speed limit on a ninja bike

naz,Jul 27 2006, 09:36 PM Wrote:yup. i'm a boring person. that's me. only guy you'll ever see going speed limit on a ninja bike
[right][snapback]199449[/snapback][/right]
Well, can't say I blame ya. Looks unstable....

[Image: biker-ninja.jpg]

:ph34r:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Something like modding a Focus...

Prolly Is not a word

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mustang Chronicles Pt 3 darkpuppet 44 14,234 09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  The Mustang Chronicles darkpuppet 23 6,331 08-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Last Post: meford4u