Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need More Info On Turbos.
I have been doing a lil bit more reading up on Focus turbo kits and I have decided this is the next step. The two I found my self down to is the Precision setup and Pectel. How ever I want more information. I asked the guys if they could send me a manual so I can read it before investing into something like this. So anyone out there with any type of manual they could copy for me LOL. Pretty Please :)

Note: This will be going on to my daily driver Focus (ie 5-20 kms a day) I think i hit 20 three times :lol:
Is it right to say the Precision turbo sits where the stock cat is? I would then have to say cat go bye bye. In Sask its not a law to have a cat so I could get away with it but then I have that feeling of something missing.
if it is legal for you to relocate your cat, then get a highflow cat welded underbody after the flexpipe

do you plan on changing your setup often? if not it will be a lot cheaper to get a chip with different settings.

standalones are only good for people who change there setup constantly or need stuff like a datalogger
for the focus this is the best kit going. http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?showme=Zetec_Kit
<a href="http://www.apexmodified.ca" target="_blank" class="postlink">[Image: logo_phpBB.gif]

If NISMO is for Nissan Motor Sports, Then HOMO must be for Honda
I didnt even think about relocating the cat LOL duh :lol: but yes that is a good option. As for setup. I wont be messing around with it to much. The Precision setup uses the Autologic chip which Im not sure can be messed around to much for settings wise. Thinks its more of ah here you go this is it sorta deal :lol: But with that kit I can still use 87 octane gas or premium. I also like the fact I wont have to put my own hole into the oil pan becuase it does include a sepeartor. I think P-51 has the Pectel setup. I wonder what kind of setings you can do with the Z2 chip. Pretty much Im after the most easy setup. I just want to install it and there ya go lol.
if you want a 'here it is there you go' setup, i'd say don't go with the pectel

chris is right.. that kit he posted is great
Sweet. I always thought Toms setup was sorta amateur looking. I know his stuff works good and after seeing some new photos of the setup I take it all back. This is worth another look but its 5200$ us compared to $4000 us. I guess it all works out the same thow.
Before you even think about turbos ... Make sure your wallet doesnt look like this...

http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/wallet.JPG
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Toms kit kicks a$$. no one has had a single problem with his kit. I have had him custom burn chips for me and does an awsome job. just so you know Autologic was bought out by Diablo. Also toms kit comes with two settings in the chip.
<a href="http://www.apexmodified.ca" target="_blank" class="postlink">[Image: logo_phpBB.gif]

If NISMO is for Nissan Motor Sports, Then HOMO must be for Honda
Is Tom's Kit Street Legal in Toronto with respect to keeping all exhaust parts (ie. Cat)? Will it pass emissions?
tdot-zx3,Mar 13 2004, 01: Wrote:Before you even think about turbos ... Make sure your wallet doesnt look like this...

http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/wallet.JPG
Money? I dont use money :lol: and I have no concern about debt. It will all be paid off in 5 years :D Its not like Im going to buy one tommorow. I still have lots more to read up about. As soon as my bank loan is paid whoohoo (end of summer). Here it comes.

Also for Toms kit. What are the settings he offers. Im looking on his site but I don't see it anywhere.
MAlby7,Mar 13 2004, 08:38 PM Wrote:Is Tom's Kit Street Legal in Toronto with respect to keeping all exhaust parts (ie. Cat)? Will it pass emissions?
by going to the proper testing centers and using the correct additives you can make anything pass emissions testing

but you will fail the visual inspection by a police officer for sure. there is going to be a turbo where there used to be a cat.. relocating the cat is illegal..

i haven't seen any kit out there yet that retains the cat in its factory location

thebrat.. tdot brings up an excellent point.. you should at on at least $2000cdn on top of the price of the kit you are getting as a 'slush fund' to take care of stuff like dyno time, and misc stuff that will break, and possibility of clutch replacement etc etc
doesn't the aerocharger maintain the cat position....even though the thery is a little diferent.....just wondering

ya know what...I cant spell worth a s**t...
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
LOL I know he's rigth but this is going to be a future mod and its not like Im buying it for a bit. I could get by with a stock clutch for a while. Noting the most I average on my car a day is 5-10km a DAY. There may be 1 day in a month I will hit 20km in one day. So the stocker could get me around for a bit. The other thing I was looking into is better brakes.

Was sitting here bored and I was taking a look at the JRSC. Then I got the idea this may be another route to take instead. Would work out cheaper and less hassle. How ever the what kind of gain can you get with a modded engine. On a stock zetec it only like 170. Is that correct to say?
my opinion :

say it will cost you $4000-$6000 US

Why not just by a shell civic and dump in an engine and BAMN you will be flying. Do some mild mods and no focus can keep up.

I know its a civic and blah blah blah... but your gonna have a focus that you dump $8000-$10,000 Cdn into just for a turbo, and then you will most likly have to do a clutch and possible LSD, drag radials, big brake upgrade, light weight flywheel. Right there is a couple of extra grand. Dunno in the end you will be invest $15,000 to give it about $200 Whp which might be good for low 14's? :unsure:

I know what my plans are... and they are not the above.. :D
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
I dunno man. You would still have to drop in some cash. It dont matter what kind of car. $5000, $10,000 who cares. To me its all fun. Im allready looking into the civic. The one me and my buddy are going to check out allready had engine swap and is supercharged how ever vavles are bent slightly . This monday, I might have to show you pictures of me hugging the new engine bay. :D
buy a SRT hahahaahahaa j/k good luck jason :)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Blackzx3,Mar 14 2004, 01:59 AM Wrote:my opinion :

say it will cost you $4000-$6000 US

Why not just by a shell civic and dump in an engine and BAMN you will be flying.&nbsp; Do some mild mods and no focus can keep up.

I know what my plans are... and they are not the above..&nbsp; :D

normally i would agree with you.. but this argument isn't as effective when we are talking really heavy modifications... we aren't talking a focus with some bolt ons here..

it would take a lot of work for a swapped honda to keep up with a focus making 250+whp.. tom's kit is no joke.. it makes a lot of power and it does so safely with a good tune..
crx with a 18bc1 and greedy t04 ? (maybe I shouldn't have said mild mods LOL)
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Blackzx3,Mar 14 2004, 10:26 PM Wrote:crx with a 18bc1 and greedy t04 ? (maybe I shouldn't have said mild mods LOL)
that's a lot of $$ to make that setup happen.. not to mention its a PITA working on a car that old.. if you can even find a CRX in canada that hasn't been rusted out yet...