Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Was Broken Into.
Damn :(

Sounds like they knew to target you but had klutzes do the work. Property crimes usually aren't that high on the police radar now. Like you said, they probably assumed a stereotype and figured you'd "manage."

I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff gets tossed around to other shops. Lo and behold, there's a new wing for sale and subs at Company X's shop. It'd be difficult to prove someone did that.

Just hope your insurance doesn't go screaming through the roof.

As for DNA...unless it's a murder or sexual crime, there not much of a chance for testing. Besides, the people who have already been "tested" do a lot worse crimes than stealing a stereo.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
Dood! I feel your pain man!

My first car was a 1985 Mazda GLC, Rallye Sport Edition, with original interior and original paint...probably one of the cleanest old Mazda's in the Brant County area. I had it in storage behind one of my mechanics garage's waiting on an engine rebuild (and milled and ported cylinder head too...hehehe...). Anyways, some punks smahed the door windows out and tore up my dash, and for what? A late 80's, early 90's Pioneer Tapedeck and some late 80's Alpine 6x9's I had in the rear hatch. The busted up the dash completely to get the deck out, and a dark blue dash for an 81-85 Mazda GLC isn't exactly a common item...The stereo was worth maybe 40 bux tops!

My second car (1978 Mercury Zephyr 2-dr sedan, which I still have/own) got hit by other vehicles on 2 seperate occasions while it was parked, and parked far away from anything, diagonally across 2 parking spots too off on it's own. Both times it was a hit and run, but the guy who hit it on the 2nd time was caught by eye witnesses, and they led me to him. People don't realize that that's a 25+ year old car, a classic/antique at that.

Besides that car, my ZX3 has been hit lot's of times too by doors being opened against it, the rear bumper being scuffed somehow, and a couple of other little dings and scratches here and there. It's not just theiveswho don't care, it's everyone in general that don't give a rats ass anymore. It's sooo hard to have a car that looks good/flawless...it's like society won't let you have what they don't. Sometimes I think like you, and think I should buy another $500-$1000 beater to drive everyday, and leave the foci as a wkd toy/project car.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your bad luck, and man...stealing your clothes, owners manual and cigarette lighter....that's f***ed up man!

L8tr!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
as long as they didn't take the rims :ph34r:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
:ph34r: isn't there a lean against those wheels....I collect payables in unconventional ways for people partime....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
Dude that's beyond messed.

I so totally feel bad for you.

If I can help in any way, PM me.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 10 2004, 12:26 PM Wrote:Dude that's beyond messed.

A little late bro... :)
Run your car, not your mouth
I just got caught up on this post... man, it really sucks to have your car broken into..

after reading yours I just realized that they took my little owners manual as well... fuckers...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Aug 10 2004, 12:35 PM Wrote:I just got caught up on this post... man, it really sucks to have your car broken into..

after reading yours I just realized that they took my little owners manual as well... fuckers...
What in the hell would someone want with an owners manual?

UNLESS THEY OWN A FOCUS AND LOST THEIRS???????? <_< <_< <_<
Ass,Aug 10 2004, 08:30 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 10 2004, 12:26 PM Wrote:Dude that's beyond messed.

A little late bro... :)
I see that, but I've been... Internet-shy lately.

Offer still stands :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.