Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Racing Supercharger
Just wondering what do you guys think about it. Would you get it ? Would you change anything else while doing this ?

Just curious to see what people think about it !

Later
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
I would personally like one. From what I hear and read you get a nice boost of performance in a nice reliable and easy to install package. You will get more power out of a Vortech with Aftercooler, or even just going for a Turbo.

Still not a cheap upgrade to do...
Go for it!

I think its a nice little pckg. First thing I would do is change the pulley, and get some good tuning. I hear its a great upgrade for highway driving, gives you the extra oomph to pass the slower cars. :lol:

Then well....you know...clutch, Diff, guages, TB, header, list can go on and on....

The good thing with this kit is you dont have to beef up the rest of the car, though I think you'll notice some performance gains if you do.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
how much is the supercharger?

Is it new or used?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
A nice mild add on, it's great for someone that likes to drive a lot. It keeps the fuel economy close to stock and it easy to install. Steeda sells the kit for $2600us, if you get a 7 or 9psi pulley get a water injection kit from snow performance; http://www.snowperformance.net
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
Flofocus,Mar 18 2004, 07:06 PM Wrote:Go for it!

I think its a nice little pckg. First thing I would do is change the pulley, and get some good tuning. I hear its a great upgrade for highway driving, gives you the extra oomph to pass the slower cars. :lol:

Then well....you know...clutch, Diff, guages, TB, header, list can go on and on....

The good thing with this kit is you dont have to beef up the rest of the car, though I think you'll notice some performance gains if you do.
Can you change the pully with a Jackson Supercharger? I would think this would be counter productive since it would be driven by your accessory belt. You'd be underdriving your supercharger...probably not what you want to be doing.

hardk0re/s2,Mar 18 2004, 09:10 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 18 2004, 07:06 PM Wrote:Go for it!

I think its a nice little pckg.  First thing I would do is change the pulley, and get some good tuning.  I hear its a great upgrade for highway driving, gives you the extra oomph to pass the slower cars.  :lol:

Can you change the pully with a Jackson Supercharger? I would think this would be counter productive since it would be driven by your accessory belt. You'd be underdriving your supercharger...probably not what you want to be doing.
Change the Blower pulley... Makes more boost.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
What blue toy said
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Mar 18 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:What blue toy said
thanks for your informtive post :P
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
If you put the smaller pulley on, your effectively changing the drive ratio to your blower & boost goes up (cuz you are spinning the rotors quicker)! I've seen this trick on the Lightnings & Cobras before.

The jackson kit is very nice. I've been in 2 cars with it and was impressed.

~ Clutch
~ DECEASED ~
The Z-ed Sled ('03 ZTW)
-Eibech Pro Kit
-17" SVT Euro's
-Tip & Tint for show
-nothing for go...yet!
there has been alot debate on this unit....good and bad..

the build quality , from those I have reached out to on the topic, is seemingly quite good and install not a huge issue...

for me its about math and reliability...I have got prices in the niebourhood of 3500

this seems pricey by some peoples standards but if you think about it from the point that you will get an (arguable) 50-60% increase in overall performance...what else are you gonna bolt on that will do this with dead reliable results...

now if your expectations on the standard zetec are upwards too 200hp forget it and move on...there are probaly many better ways to get this and bring in some reliability with it...

too me this is the unit that I would install on my ZX5 for a number of reasons...first and formost I dont want a car that I have too tweak constintly...been there did that , second I dont have to bust into the internals to get a measurable performance gain...third, the car is a ZX5 and although I have the thing handling very well it will never be , or pretend to be, a track car as such... forth , the JR unit actually suits the type of driving I do when I choose to actually "use" the car ...from the people I have spoke too , dyno charts ( for what they are worth ) and experiance in a friend of mines Civic si...these are a great improvement throughout the power band ...

so there you go ...you can bolt it on and forget it , take what the unit gives you,and hey it sounds cool too...
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
I've priced out the Jackson S/C, the best price i've found in the GTA is at http://www.ctamotorsports.com.

CTA - 3689.00
DaSilva - 4500.00
JRPOnline - 3980.00
* Prices March 22nd 2004.

If anybody else knows where it sells for less, please inform. From what I hear from JRP (the official canadian distributor according to jacksonracing.com) they cannot beat CTA's price.

my only concern is that if it give you 150whp just from bolting it on to the stock motor... that's kinda close to running out of injector
Taken from myzx3.com

Super Chargers Indicates a myFordFocus.com Sponsor!
Product Name Dealer Price
Jackson Racing Supercharger Focus Performance $2995.00
Jackson Racing Supercharger myFordPerformance.com $2945.00

(obviously US prices too)
01-yellow-ZX3,Mar 23 2004 Wrote:Taken from myzx3.com

Super Chargers      Indicates a myFordFocus.com Sponsor!
Product Name Dealer Price
Jackson Racing Supercharger Focus Performance  $2995.00
Jackson Racing Supercharger myFordPerformance.com  $2945.00

(obviously US prices too)
2945.00US = 3922.89CDN + shipping + brokerage + usual taxes and duty.
Quote:my only concern is that if it give you 150whp just from bolting it on to the stock motor... that's kinda close to running out of injector

thats something I have not got a straight answer from anyone...seems to be alot of stronge opinions either way on this....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
In the focus fanatic magazine the installed the JR and tested-it, they maxed out the injectors with the factory equipment. The engine had no break-in and made 141.1 at 6700rpm, those loosers used the factory TB and air box. They should get 161 at 6700rpm with those parts. If you want a smaller pulley(7-9psi) check this out http://www.aspracing.com talk to them and they'll make one for you at what ever the psi you want, don't forget about heat http://www.snowperformance.net You'll pass emitions and other cars :lol:
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
naz,Mar 23 2004, 02:52 AM Wrote:my only concern is that if it give you 150whp just from bolting it on to the stock motor... that's kinda close to running out of injector
Nah.. you wont....

You could beat on a JR car all day long, there systems are known to be the most bolt on streetable stable out there.

Stock though.

If i added a few mods and a pulley... THEN i would definetly look into injectors and a new cutom burnt chip.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Steeda.ca doesnt have to bad of a price for the kit either.
thebrat: I don't see any prices on their site for the Jackson.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jackson Supercharger Kit For 02-04 Svt Alien-Tek 4 1,993 10-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Tiketz