Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tint %..which One?
Try calling my cousin John @ Pro Auto Tint & Detail, they are located in Thornhill, they carry LLumar (<---correct spelling) Tint. I have had my previous 2 vehicles tinted there. Both vehicles had 20% film put on the windows.

(905) 731-TINT
i got my windows tinted @ tint master, dixie/401. ,i have 32% front and 6% back.
[Image: Picture1383Medium.jpg]
[Image: Picture1384Medium.jpg]
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Gravter,Sep 18 2007, 08:15 AM Wrote:I paid $200.00 for my ST and it's guaranteed for as long as I own my car.
Had it done in Pembroke, Ont. @ Normandeau's.
[right][snapback]248974[/snapback][/right]

My mustang was tinted at Normandeau's too...but I got it done as one of the stipulations of buying the car at asking price (on top of a list of other things the dealer took care of)...

Bleeding Ford Blue again...
try to get diamond window film... best quality tint, i found when i shopped around
Life's good... Hockey's better
i grabbed cling(temporary) tint to try what % looks good..
and 20% was all CP had..
so i applied to hatch glass..it looks great, very glossy but when i look at inside real close, it looks a bit foggy, tint film itself got bit of texture thingy..is this normal with cling tint??

if yes, i m gonna get regular tint film..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
what places do u guys recommend to get tint done?
good price + good quality?

Be the change you want to see in this world.
Brad Felton (416-566-0856 )- SunProtect (in Brampton/Miss) near 410/Derry.

I got my Focus Wagon done for $180 cash (30% front, 20% rear) lifetime warr. Did it really fast in 1hour. Got my Protege5 done there 2 years ago, same price.
He's a trusted tint guy with high quality results for all TOprotege.com club members. Highly recommend. Say you were referred by a Protege club member to get the discount.

nice, sounds like a good review from you.

I only need to get my front two windows done but they already have 35% tint on them. How much do u think it will be to have them remove the original tint and do a new tint?
Not to tell anyone what to do here...but worked auxillary with the OPP and the laws state that you cannot have tint darker than:

35% on the front two windows
and it is ILLEGAL for mirrored tint on any window of a vehicle in Ontario an'
It is up to the officers discretion if he thinks that the tint is too dark on the rear windows (officer must be able to see into the vehicle without a floashlight during the day and with one at night.)

If he cannot see in then he can ticket you for "illegal" tint even if the law states you can have 5% and even "limo" now on the very rear window. It is up to you, but with my experience, 20% is the best one to go with. It is dark enough to hide the interior and not too dark to get a ticket. thats what my Focus had and now my Grand Am.
Hope this helped out a little.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
yes i was thinking of 20% only too...nothing darker but i thought 20% up front is ok too as long as the officer can see through it. My rear doors and rear window is already 20% but my front 2 are 35% and i don't like the uneven tint.

If i drive with my moonroof cover exposed, more light will come through so will that help make the inside of the car more visible from the outside?

I just want a nice consistent 20% all around.