Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking Of Grills
We replaced our St170 grill with the stainless RS grill. We are still missing the lower grill and I would like some POSITIVE input into what you people thought might/should go there.

We are looking at putting in the hella fogs--looka lika dis

http://www.bossautosport.com/Focus_files/f...ront%20clip.jpg

My opinion is that I don't like the look of both the upper and lower RS grill. Just my opinion for MY car, so nobody go off and get pissy. What we have in mind is putting the St170 grill on the bottom and yes, keeping the RS on the top. Maybe even custom fitting a grill(black).

My concern with buying the ST170 grill is that it has flat ends and with the fogs having a curve to them, this is not going to fit. YEAH I am still a newbie.

Oh yes, the St170 grill is still missing the ring but I might consider parting with it.

Or even donating it to the next auction.

Ok let me have it

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 28 2004, 05:40 PM Wrote:We are looking at putting in the hella fogs--looka lika dis

http://www.bossautosport.com/Focus_files/f...ront%20clip.jpg

.............My opinion is that I don't like the look of both the upper and lower RS grill. Just my opinion for MY car, so nobody go off and get pissy.
Don't like my grills eh? :lol:

I believe someone mentioned it at the dyno those fogs you are thinking of are based on Hella Micro DE lamps. So you know they can be had in a variety of outputs including Xenen (the real kind) in case you are interested an money is less of a concern.

http://www.hellausa.com/maineng/NewLook/Pr...o_de_xenon.html

I also like browsing the Hella Europe site. They often have teh new stuff first:

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPorta...Internet_en.jsp
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
How about this combination: Hofele badgeless upper grille, 99-01 euro lower grille. If anyone wants to see pics, just drop me a PM.
My other ride is your Mom
Hofele badgeless upper grille
i heard they dont make that any more is it tru?
if not where can i get that grill i love it
2003 Zx3 French Blue
_JC_,May 28 2004, 06:37 PM Wrote:Hofele badgeless upper grille 
i heard they dont make that  any more is it  tru? 
if not where  can i get that grill i love it
[right][snapback]47794[/snapback][/right]

I can tell you an ugly black focus that has one on it....just jack it... :P
i have a brand new set of those Hella fogs in stock! i had a set of them on my old front bumper and they were really nice fogs. lit up the road better than my US spec headlights ever could! they have been sitting here for a while so i'm just looking to get rid of them. PM me for a good price.

HOWEVER
due to the shape of these fogs they do require a lower grill for cars WITHOUT fogs. you also need to modify the bumper in a way that means you are stuck with those fogs for good. if you remove the fogs, the bumper will be junk.

[Image: pic01.jpg]

the only lower grills i have in stock that would work with these fogs(propperly, any lower grill will work, it will just have gaps) is the non-trend lower euro grills. they are basicly the same as the US spec lower grill for non-foglight equipped focus'. i will just give you one if you buy the fogs.
i do have a bunch of 98-01 lower grills w. fogs in stock but like i said there will be gaps...

i also have the ST170 uppers with surrounds, 02+ uppers and 98-01 uppers instock aswell should you choose a different route for the upper grill.
Holy crap this thread is a YEAR OLD!
But anyway Mitch, I do already have a set of those hella fogs, just haven't gotten around to the install yet.
I just have one question after trying to do a retrofit on the fogs. did you have to cut your lower rad support to make the fogs fit? Remember that I have a 2000 Focus. Looks like they won't fit unless I modify that rad support.

sorry, didn't even look at the date...

i did not have to modify the lower rad support to fit those lamps. how were you trying to retrofit the fogs?
you need to cut into the bumper on either side of the grill, basicly making the grill wider.
did you not get the templates for modifying the bumper?
if not i can photocopy them and mail them off to you.

i have the same lower rad support on now as i did with that bumper and there are no modifacations that have been done to it that i have seen. i have had the bumper off a number of times and have not noticed anything however, the body shop fit the fogs into the bumper and may have just done a really good job if they did have to modify them.
What year is your car?
I didn't notice in the German instructions that you had to cut your bumper wider.
That dosn't make sense to me because the grill suited for this application, of which we have 2, just fits in-between the two fog lights now.
We have already molded the plastic housing and had them painted to fit the bumper now, it is damn near perfect.
But I never pictured cutting the bumper.
I'll have another look.

So did you get the fogs to fit?

I have never heard of having to cut a bumper to fit a grille.
no you are cutting the bumper to fit the fogs, not the bumper to fit the grill.
you need to full opening lower grill for a car without fogs to do the install as per the instructions. doing it by the instruction you need to cut into the bumper on either side of where the stock fogs would go as per the templates provided. once cut you will notice there is a big gap between the standard grill with fogs. this is where the full opening grill comes into play, you will also need to cut that aswell! :unsure:

if you can fit them without cutting them then it might not be a bad idea but i'm pretty sure that is where you are having problems with the rad support.

let me kow how it works out or if you have any other questions! :)

once you get it done, you should be very happy with the results... just getting there is the problem. :blink: