Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Dressup
I tried searching for the 'post pictures of your engine' but I couldnt find it.

right now what I am looking for is ideas, of what to do to my engine bay! Its painted and looks like crap.

what I want to do is:

- cover the hoses that I painted stupid blue in real silicone hoses, blue I think.
- powdercoat or polish a valve cover (no idea what colour to powder though)
- have a second colour that I paint all of the plastic pieces in (svt coolant cover, various caps, battery cover, etc)

right now i Have a blue FS strut brace, so I am assuming this would be my colour scheme:

blue hoses/ strut brace / silver caps, covers / powdercoated or polished valve cover.

here is the pic of what it looks like now :eek:

[Image: 8.jpg]

so I was thinking of putting this in:
[Image: OC_HON_SL_MUS_M11.jpg]

with or without the mustang logo, havent decided yet..................
I think right now this looks dumb as hell, so any opinions would be greatly appreciated
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
If you want blue silicon hoses check out SFS Performance. The make hose kits for the foci. They are out of the uk but they have got a NA dealer in the US...

SPA Technique Inc
1209 Indy Way
Indianapolis
IN46214
U.S.
Tel: 317 271 7941
Email: Patrick@spatechnique.com
Web: http://www.spatechnique.com

The oil cap is cool , the mustang could get covered by a blue insert.
Take a trip to the wreckers for a ford oval to stick in there (2 sided tape)
Just my take on it " Look'n good ".
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
I know there are chrome and diamond plate dress up kits we can buy for these motors. Is that moreless what your looking for?

Let me know...I'll help you search.
You need practice on your wet sanding. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
my wet sanding is pretty tight. (nowadays)

I did those back when I had no clue what I was doing.. SO, the paint refused to stick, and was uneven. had no ieda why. so I removed all the paint and used a brush to put caliper paint on HAHA. trust me, it looks like crap in person, thats why im changing it.

Im not looking for functional silicone hoses, I am looking for covers basically, slit in one end, and wrap them around the stock hoses.

Quote:The oil cap is cool , the mustang could get covered by a blue insert.
yes it is, and only $2.95! but I decided to go for a 2toned blue/chrome one.

But yes, I am looking for some sort of chrome dressup, but I wanted my valve cover polished, and the fuel rail cover, or whatever that thing is. Also I dont know what to do with my cam cover, I dont have it anymore, but i would like to get another one just to protect that belt.

These Ford Racing covers are rediculously cheap, I think they cost about as much as the plug wire covers, You can also get the stainless polished battery box/distribution box covers from ebay as well that say stuff like "Focus" "ZX3" "Ford" "Steeda" "Zetec" etc...

[Image: picture.JPG]
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Pick up a metal Contour Zetec valve cover and polish it and clearcoat it.
Honkeytonk Monkey,Aug 12 2006, 08:07 PM Wrote:These Ford Racing covers are rediculously cheap, I think they cost about as much as the plug wire covers, You can also get the stainless polished battery box/distribution box covers from ebay as well that say stuff like "Focus" "ZX3" "Ford" "Steeda" "Zetec" etc...

[Image: picture.JPG]
[right][snapback]202128[/snapback][/right]

dammit,, the stupid thing I did was JUST went and bought a FC sprak plug cover.

polishing the valve cover is my only way to go.

ford racing cover is redicoulosly cheap??
umm..USD$60 isn't cheap to me..
i used to have one but had problem with it..
when engine shakes hard, cover touches valve cover and makes noise..
so i had to put some kind of foam behind there..

but i think i m gonna go back to FR cover again..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Oh dear god... it's my "most hated word of the month".

It's RIDICULOUS, not rediculous. No offense to anyone in particular, but that damn word has seen a HUGE upswing in mis-usage of late.

The spelling Nazi.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 23 2006, 12:15 PM Wrote:Oh dear god... it's my "most hated word of the month".

It's RIDICULOUS, not rediculous. No offense to anyone in particular, but that damn word has seen a HUGE upswing in mis-usage of late.

The spelling Nazi.
[right][snapback]203559[/snapback][/right]

im starting to think that ur an English teacher....not that there's anything wrong with it :)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Aug 23 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 23 2006, 12:15 PM Wrote:Oh dear god... it's my "most hated word of the month".

The spelling Nazi.
[right][snapback]203559[/snapback][/right]

im starting to think that ur an English teacher....not that there's anything wrong with it :)
[right][snapback]203631[/snapback][/right]

No worries... I'm in IS/IT, although I do love to write technical documentation for some reason. Seriously - it's weird. :blink:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
No, hes just anal. :lol:
Flofocus,Aug 23 2006, 02:37 PM Wrote:No, hes just anal. :lol:
[right][snapback]203639[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: :rofl: ... I could twist that in SO many ways! :lol:

Oh wait, that sounds wrong too :ph34r:

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 23 2006, 02:38 PM Wrote:Oh wait, that sounds wrong too :ph34r:
[right][snapback]203642[/snapback][/right]

Yes.....yes it does. :throwup:
um...okay..ridiculous.. :P
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
well I have on order

zetec valve cover (its going to be polished, can you polish a plastic valve cover?)
FC spark plug cover,
that blue oil cap arrvied.

what I will be adding:

cam cover (not sure if I am going to paint it or not)
blue silicone hoses to cover the original hoses,

what I havent figured out yet:

if I should change back the colours on all of the parts I painted silver, or if I should leave them alone?
and what colour to paint my cam cover (or if I should try and polish it?)

PerfectSaiyan,Aug 26 2006, 09:20 PM Wrote:zetec valve cover (its going to be polished, can you polish a plastic valve cover?)

[right][snapback]204212[/snapback][/right]

How would you polish something that isn't metal? If you get a valve cover off some of the earlier ford models, ie a contour, they're metal and you could polish that.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

if you go to http://www.focussport.com, you can pick up a blue or red powdercoated valve cover, or an unfinished one that they say "or uncoated finish if you want to polish or do a custom paint/powdercoat job on it"