Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ground Wire Kits
Im gonna upgrade my grounds this summer, but its strictly for stereo purposes. alot of the audio guys on FJ swear by it.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Po-Po cars (all or most, I forget now) we build have grounding kits installed in the Factory. If the Po-Lice is spending an extra $117 to have it done, then its worth it (them Government folk don't want ANYthing extreneous on their cars, I mean hell, most Police cars have an AM/FM radio and thats it)

I'm not entirely sure how complete the grounding is, I think most of it is grounding Body to Frame with Copper Strapping, but then again... those are just the ones that are easiest to see :)

The Bottom line is, it couldn't hurt. Electrons with nowhere to go will find a place to go, and in the process can do a lot of Damage (be it Fires, HP Loss, whatever)

2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
We just got off the Dyno with the dude that makes these kits. His car was an Infiniti G35, It made 7more tq and hp.
<a href="http://www.apexmodified.ca" target="_blank" class="postlink">[Image: logo_phpBB.gif]

If NISMO is for Nissan Motor Sports, Then HOMO must be for Honda
lets see one for a focus.
Run your car, not your mouth
Chris@Apex,Mar 18 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:We just got off the Dyno with the dude that makes these kits. His car was an Infiniti G35, It made 7more tq and hp.
Also has what...140pd-ft more tq than our focus. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I actually decided about a month ago, to make my own kit for my Laser. My brother-in-law works for an industrial supply company so he called around &amp; got us some really nice wire (&amp; affordable too!)

We are going to put them on my car &amp; his Cavalier once the weather is a little nicer. I'll let you know what we find after they have been installed.

I'll probably end up putting them on the ZTW too so &quot;IF&quot; that happens, I'll put together an article for the site.

~ Clutch

~ DECEASED ~
The Z-ed Sled ('03 ZTW)
-Eibech Pro Kit
-17" SVT Euro's
-Tip & Tint for show
-nothing for go...yet!
it will not give you any more power on a focus . i've dyno proven that . it will smooth your idle and acceleration . the electrical system depends on the battery to filter voltage spikes/drops . however, the battery doesn't do a very good job so grounds leading to and from the motor close to sensors and pcm provide an accurate platform for voltage reference.

that guy from that tv show who got his car riced up: it'd be a VERY good decision for you to put ground cables on (purchased or home made whatever) because you're grounds have been removed and the replacement from the kit instructions isn't very good .

on a stock focus, i'd suggest slapping some on . u'll be surprised at the difference in driveability .

there is another unit you can look for that provides a smarter solution to voltage spikes . it's called the Hyper Voltage System . and it's a simple install and i've seen dyno numbers prove up to 10 hp gain from it.

This is the dyno we use so u know it's not fab'd dynojet #'s

u don't need 1,000 million wires like the hyper ground kits supply . u only need 2 or 3 . but u'll be happy when u put them on .