Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo Issues!
The gf called me about an hour ago telling me that twice today when she was driving in third gear at approx 26-2800rpm, the speedo just droped to zero. She told me she shifted to fourth and nothing so she started to down shift. The minute she went back to third the speedo went back up to 60km/h and she was confused. I am too, been thinking about it and told her to check the wiring harness to the dash cluster and keep an eye on it. other than that I am completely stumped.......Any Ideas anyone?
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
Vehicle Speed Sensor?
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
all other gauges are normal?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Aug 29 2006, 05:33 PM Wrote:all other gauges are normal?
[right][snapback]204642[/snapback][/right]

No, now the ABS and park brake lights are on apperently. She went to go home from work and they came on when she started the car and now they won't turn off. I am baffled,..so I told her to take into my mechanic and have it checked. I know it's going to cost me at least $80 to put it on the computer and probably a wheel sensor or two.....

I'm wondering if the FORD mechanics f***ed something up with the ABS/Park Brake sensor when they replaced the wheel bearing about two weeks ago.

If that's the case I'm tking it to the dealer and they're fixing it for FREE or there will be hell to pay when I get home on Friday.

Casper,Aug 29 2006, 03:50 PM Wrote:Vehicle Speed Sensor?
[right][snapback]204625[/snapback][/right]

ya maybe a vss that could get expensive though they are located in the transmission
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
02_svt_guy,Aug 30 2006, 06:13 AM Wrote:
Casper,Aug 29 2006, 03:50 PM Wrote:Vehicle Speed Sensor?
[right][snapback]204625[/snapback][/right]

ya maybe a vss that could get expensive though they are located in the transmission
[right][snapback]204699[/snapback][/right]

nice....lets hope it's something simple

EDIT:

Well the verdict is in....partly Fords fault and partly vehicle's problem.

The Ford guys must have damaged the sensor in the park brake cause it's gone belly up and caused the left rear brake to stay on alittle which tripped the ABS sensor.

The actual speedo issue is in the dash cluster. The chip that computes the info from the VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor is on the fritz and every once and a while the speedo drops to Zero. A new dash cluster programed to my original odometer reading is going to be $300. and a 1 year warrenty with it. So I'm going to be paying out $397.67to have it fixed today. (gf should be paying it with my secondary bank card anytime now)

She has the car while i'm away on course with the Military. I leave my car for one week with a woman and look what happens; I wonder what it would be like for a month or two....yikes I don't want ot think about it..........................no just kidding about the woman thing. Either of us could have had it happen when we were driving.

good to hear it's already on the fix.
however whan i saw the title for this thread, something else popped into my head and made my spine shiver! ;)
ZX3TUNING,Sep 1 2006, 12:04 AM Wrote:good to hear it's already on the fix.
however whan i saw the title for this thread, something else popped into my head and made my spine shiver! ;)
[right][snapback]205060[/snapback][/right]

What was that? ;) I would never drive in a manner thta could get me into trouble.

I have a stock cluster sitting at home doing nothing... :o
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 1 2006, 10:31 AM Wrote:I have a stock cluster sitting at home doing nothing... :o
[right][snapback]205102[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the offer, I got a new one in already. He only charged me for the progaramming of it.....but if I'm up that way and need one I will find you for sure.