Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalytic Converter
Can anyone tell me the actual dimensions of the Catalytic converter on a 2002 ZX3 Zetec?
I bought my ZX3 without one on. The reason I'm asking is because I am going to do a full exhaust system starting from, and including, the Cat. I want to go with a high flow cat and want to make sure I get the right size to fit under the car.

Your help is appreciated!

Alien-Tek.
we run magnaflow cats in the first section of exhaust after the flex...
[Image: mirrorcat02.jpg]

here are the diameters and corrisponding(sp) part numbers.

2" - 54304
2.25" - 54305
2.5" - 54306
3" - 54309
aprox dimentions for all of the above:
4" Tall x 5-1/8" Wide
9" Body, Length, 13" Overall Length

are you going with a custom exhaust or are you going to fit it into a aftermarket exhaust system?
ZX3TUNING,Sep 6 2006, 12:03 AM Wrote:are you going with a custom exhaust or are you going to fit it into a aftermarket exhaust system?
[right][snapback]205593[/snapback][/right]

First off, thanks for the help!

I really haven't decided yet. I do have a local Custom exhaust shop that I've brought all my cars to have custom exhausts fitted (although I haven't gone to see him yet). That is an option, however I have peaked some interest in the MBRP cat-back systems.

I guess I'm looking to see (and hear) which one best suits my needs. I am looking for a nice deep tone with little or no resonance. Basically I don't want it to sound like a Honda with those tiny flask mufflers. Obviously (and most important) it has to increase flow and deposit some power in the (power) bank.

Cheers!

somebody was selling magnaflow cat on here for $80

im thinkin of putting something like this with my MBRP.... how hard is it to do and how much would it cost me?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Sep 6 2006, 12:50 PM Wrote:somebody was selling magnaflow cat on here for $80

im thinkin of putting something like this with my MBRP....  how hard is it to do and how much would it cost me?
[right][snapback]205748[/snapback][/right]

I beleive the Magnaflows require welding, so I hope you have good welding skills. Watch that bead :D

How do you like your MBRP system? Does it sound as good as what they advertise on their site?
Hows the resonance?

A-T