Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shorty Antenna
I finally got my shorty antenna in the mail. I bought it off ebay from Jhongs. They are a universal antenna, but the radio reception I'm getting is just as good as with my full antenna, and I live in the boons. It came to 15$ US after shipping, when all was said and done. Pretty decent.

[Image: P9280226.jpg]

[Image: P9280227.jpg]

[Image: P9280232.jpg]
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Remove your signature now.

Looks good BTW.
ANTHONYD,Sep 28 2006, 09:17 AM Wrote:Remove your signature now.
[right][snapback]208988[/snapback][/right]

Et Voila... :)

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Nice.

On a sidenote, that doesn't look like the boonies in the background. Looks like some preppy suburb with lots of trees. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Hrm, that does look appealing (I hate the stock antenna, I keep getting it caught on the hose at the coin-op carwash :( ) How long did it take your order to arrive?

NefCanuck
It took about 1 week to come in, which isn't that bad. If you do a search on ebay for Ford Focus shorty antennas, a bunch show up. The Jhongs guy has a lot of variety, and they're cheap. Bonus: I didn't have to pay any border fees, so the price was the price.

ZX5chica,Sep 28 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:It took about 1 week to come in, which isn't that bad. If you do a search on ebay for Ford Focus shorty antennas, a bunch show up. The Jhongs guy has a lot of variety, and they're cheap. Bonus: I didn't have to pay any border fees, so the price was the price.
[right][snapback]209001[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I've seen his listing before. I just can't decide whether I want to do black like you did or go for a brushed aluminum shorty (My car has all sorts of aluminum accenting on it both on the outside and on the inside ;))

NefCanuck
Why would you want a stump when you can have the full monty?

It's an art I tell ya.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:Why would you want a stump when you can have the full monty?

It's an art I tell ya.
[right][snapback]209031[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

And the antenna looks pretty good! I'm surprised you still have any reception whatsoever!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:Why would you want a stump when you can have the full monty?

It's an art I tell ya.

It's not about length my friend, but how you use what you have :rofl:

NefCanuck
(I am so going to hell for comments like this :P )
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2006, 01:47 PM Wrote:

It's an art I tell ya.

It's not about length my friend, but how you use what you have :rofl:

NefCanuck
(I am so going to hell for comments like this :P )
[right][snapback]209043[/snapback][/right]
You keep believing what your women are lying to you about your wand.

In this case, Big is better.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
those close up pics remind me of when i posted my pics of my broken antenna :D

looks good though
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I have the same one, my FC antenna got stolen over the summer and they are out of business so I purchased the same one off eBay. Reception is great and I like the new antenna better!
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2006, 09:03 AM Wrote:Yeah I've seen his listing before.  I just can't decide whether I want to do black like you did or go for a brushed aluminum shorty (My car has all sorts of aluminum accenting on it both on the outside and on the inside ;))
[right][snapback]209009[/snapback][/right]

Those colored antennas look funny since the base is black.. it ends up just looking mismatched and unfinished.
guilty,Sep 29 2006, 06:47 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2006, 09:03 AM Wrote:Yeah I've seen his listing before.  I just can't decide whether I want to do black like you did or go for a brushed aluminum shorty (My car has all sorts of aluminum accenting on it both on the outside and on the inside ;))
[right][snapback]209009[/snapback][/right]

Those colored antennas look funny since the base is black.. it ends up just looking mismatched and unfinished.
[right][snapback]209374[/snapback][/right]

-nods- You have a good point. I think I'm gonna go black shorty then.

NefCanuck
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:You keep believing what your women are lying to you about your wand.

In this case, Big is better.
[right][snapback]209051[/snapback][/right]

Lol...... getting borderline... (but oh the comments I was thinking in my head)... I refuse to let this post (re: about antenna's for C*&*sts sake) go to NSFW.

I think we're all whored out here.
:1lockd: :1lockd: :1lockd:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zx3tuning Shorty Antenna Wont Unscrew paolo 23 7,039 02-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD
  Shorty Antenna RadioActive Focus 15 3,888 05-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaspher
  Make Your Own Shorty Antenna S2 13 2,994 06-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Last Post: paolo