Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year To All (2007)
ZX5chica,Jan 2 2007, 11:25 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 1 2007, 09:52 PM Wrote:Heh, gotta say I didn't go quite as overboard as I thought I would.  One meal replacement breakfast after I got up around 12:30pm and I was in the gym an hour later :)

Now comes the fun time of year watching all the "resolutions" come to the gym for about a month and after that they all go away leaving the regular cast of workout nuts :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]222039[/snapback][/right]

I agree with you on that one... there is nothing I can't stand more than people 'trying' to be healthy, and pulling the weekend warrior attitude, meanwhile not letting me in on my equipment.

How hard is it to let somebody work in, when you're (meaning the resolutionist person) clearly not knowing what you're doing/taking too long between sets. Get your sweaty A** off the bench and let me in.

There's my rant for the day :)
[right][snapback]222076[/snapback][/right]

I just do my workout at home. I miss some exercises due to a lack of equipment, and I make up for that twice a week at work in the corporate gym we have here.

Plus, when the weather sucks... I have no excuse!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 2 2007, 03:19 PM Wrote:
ZX5chica,Jan 2 2007, 11:25 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 1 2007, 09:52 PM Wrote:Heh, gotta say I didn't go quite as overboard as I thought I would.  One meal replacement breakfast after I got up around 12:30pm and I was in the gym an hour later :)

Now comes the fun time of year watching all the "resolutions" come to the gym for about a month and after that they all go away leaving the regular cast of workout nuts :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]222039[/snapback][/right]

I agree with you on that one... there is nothing I can't stand more than people 'trying' to be healthy, and pulling the weekend warrior attitude, meanwhile not letting me in on my equipment.

How hard is it to let somebody work in, when you're (meaning the resolutionist person) clearly not knowing what you're doing/taking too long between sets. Get your sweaty A** off the bench and let me in.

I just do my workout at home. I miss some exercises due to a lack of equipment, and I make up for that twice a week at work in the corporate gym we have here.

Plus, when the weather sucks... I have no excuse!
[right][snapback]222088[/snapback][/right]

Dude, I have even less of an excuse than that, the gym is on the ground floor in my place :lol:

Only time I miss is when I'm away or if I'm sick, otherwise Mon - Thurs I'm down there trying to kill myself quickly :D

NefCAnuck
ZX5chica,Jan 2 2007, 12:25 PM Wrote:I agree with you on that one... there is nothing I can't stand more than people 'trying' to be healthy, and pulling the weekend warrior attitude, meanwhile not letting me in on my equipment.

I hear ya sister!

My biggest pet peeve since the people working out at the Good Life at Yonge and St. Claire were the worst for this all year round. I was actually able to finish all my sets on some machines before the guy using it came back from his single break between sets.

That's why I bought all the equipment for my place. Free weights, no waiting.. sweet.

I hope everyone had a great new years...

We had some major freezing rain so I spent mine watching movies, downing a bunch of beers and a bottle of gin (which magically turns into pinesol in your stomach apparently). But we got our day of snowboarding in as well as some great ball hockey played over a light dusting of snow that covered the random patches of freshly frozen puddles... some insane wipeouts to say the least...and when the turkey's gone and the turkey pot pie is gone, and the turkey sandwiches are gone and the turkey caserole is gone, and the turkey soup is gone and the lasagna is gone, it'll be back to my fitness plan for the rest of the year (buh bye beer!)...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAPPY NEW YEAR muttsnutts 7 2,989 01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Last Post: paolo
  Happy New Year!!! Focus man. Focus. 0 1,349 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.
  Happy New Year! orelealNero 3 1,565 01-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Happy New Year! euro_zx5 12 5,036 01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck