Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Headlights
What do you think about these headlights? I think the only difference from stock is that they are black?

How do u think it would look on a cd silver focus? any pictures? or anyone have black headlights on a silver focus?

link
Be the change you want to see in this world.
i've seen silver zx3 with black headlights before at the meet.....member Mike on here had it like that but his were some ebay dual headlights or something....looked pretty good

if u can save up for Mach HID's they'll look even better trust me......i seen those on his new silver zx3 :) :) :)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
just paint the ones you have...it's very easy.
2002 Infra-red ZTS
either that or get ST170's or the Black 2002 ones from Europe to be different, those look like the stock SVT headlights to me.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

THAT'S RICE BABY.

[Image: 2_2_032604_rice_condoleeza.jpg]
I wouldn't pay that much to buy something when you can do it in less then a day. I think it cost me less then $10. And i did this 4 to 5 years ago.

Here are some pictures
[Image: 025_24.jpg]
[Image: 026_25.jpg]
[Image: 019_18.jpg]
[Image: 013_12.jpg]

If you are looking for instructions on how to do it, just do a search on site. I bet ya lot of ppl have done this.

Mo

PS. I miss my car :(
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

cool, thanks for the sample pics. I guess i should forget buying them if it's not too hard to do it yourself.
Mike might have Mo's lights for sale. He switched them out for a set of Ford HID's a few weeks back. Search MIKE on the members list and ask him if you can buy the exact lights pictured above, you might get a good deal on them.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Not my thing on a silver car personally. But to each there own. If you're gonna do them yourself make sure you seal up the headlight real good after your done. Nothing would be worse than doing all that work only to have the headlights fog up on the inside.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Yeah thats right Mike took those out and got HID's

BTW Mike, post some pictures. I want to see the progress
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

You should be able to find a lot of info on this mod, it's commonly referred to as the SVT headlight mod. Basically you crack your headlight housing apart and paint the inner piece of plastic whatever color you want..

I dont mind the look, but still prefer the ST170 grayed-out headlights a lot more.
I have the headlights off an SVT on my silver Focus, I'll try to get some pics up...
Yeah i got those old lights if you want em, im thinking what , 30 bucks and you can have em, they arent in the best shape , but they include bulbs , the bulbs alone are pretty much worth the 30 bucks.

The lights arent in the best shape , but perhaps some pastic x and a little buffing would set them right. However they are black and they are cheap... Lemme know , at best you can buy em and see how they look with your car and decide from there...
mo_focus,Oct 9 2006, 07:36 PM Wrote:Yeah thats right Mike took those out and got HID's

BTW Mike, post some pictures. I want to see the progress
[right][snapback]210793[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm well progress , yeah , kinda hard to get that dent out of the roof where you installed the center back screen and drove the screw way too far, also somewhat difficult to work with rocker panels that were butchered and plastic trim that was raped with a screwdriver , or fenders that were rubbed and thusly starting to rust from having ugly wheels with the wrong offset.

However those decals and purple window tint melted off with the razor scraper.

Gotta love pousers who put non functioning boost and A/F gauges in cars just to look cool eh ? Or ppl who cut tips off of 400 $ exhausts to put on a canadian tire tip ? LOVE IT.

To each their own , however bad taste is universal.
^^^^LOL

Mikie had to let it out
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
just found a couple pics to compare......regular headlights and black (not sure if it was custom done or bought) but here's what it looks like on the silver focus.

[Image: comparepw9.th.jpg]
NikiterZTS,Oct 17 2006, 08:43 AM Wrote:^^^^LOL

Mikie had to let it out
[right][snapback]211881[/snapback][/right]
Sometimes you gotta call it like you see it.