Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Tire To Launch Banking Products
Canadian Tire to launch banking products
October 13, 2006

Toronto, Ontario - Canadian Tire Financial Services Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada Tire Corporation, has launched a limited pilot of new retail banking products, including high interest savings accounts, variable and fixed-rate mortgages, and guaranteed investment certificates. The pilot services will be launched in Calgary, Alberta and Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.

The banking products will be advertised through a variety of channels, including television, outdoor billboards, online, Canadian Tire flyers, direct mail and in-store promotion.

"The pilot we have launched today will explore the potential to leverage our strengths and grow our business by deepening our customer relationships with new value-added products," says Marco Marrone, president of Canadian Tire Financial Services. "Our pilot has been structured in a comprehensive manner, but as we always do when introducing new products to the marketplace, we will test and learn over a period of time in a measured fashion, potentially adding additional financial products in the first half of 2007 as part of the pilot."

The financial products will be provided by Canadian Tire Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canadian Tire Financial Services.

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Oh great... in goes your paycheque, out comes the Crappy Tire money! :D :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 13 2006, 10:58 PM Wrote:Oh great... in goes your paycheque, out comes the Crappy Tire money! :D :lol:
[right][snapback]211540[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna say... as if we needed the reminder that we get paid peanuts, now we cash our meagre paycheques and get Crappy Tire money in exchange for 'em :P

NefCanuck
I got some new information on this in the mail as I used to be involved with their profit sharing program... very interesting indeed.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
the Canadian Tire money would just be an option when you go to the ATM or ABM, don't know what call it now.

walking out of the bank with a big wad of $1 and $2 of Canadian Tire bills.
'03 Focus SVT
I can see it now when travelling....

"Look, I fell for that scam you Canadians pulled last time with that Canadian Tire money. I sure ain't falling for a Canadian Tire Visa now...."
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*