Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Headlight Bulbs
Does anyone know where I can get replacement bulbs for my focus ('04 sedan). I'm looking for a blue-ish/icy colour light. Where can i buy them and are they street legal (i think i've seen many cars around with blue-ish/ice lighting.....sry not sure what u would call it...it's not super bright white ....its got a blue-ish color but still white).

Be the change you want to see in this world.
If you want to go street legal and quality with a nice bluish tint I would check out the Sylvania "Cool Blue" available at your local Can. Tire store. These will run you about $17 a piece. Not the cheapest and not the most expensive but these are not going to crap out on you like the other ones you get from Ebay. If you want an even NICER light, go for the Sylvania "Silver Star". Quite expensive ($35 each) but extremely nice (IMO) and also available from CT.
I'm sure there are some people on here who bought good ones from Ebay but I have never had a good experience with lights off of Ebay.

Cheers!
Get PIAA's. I have them in my car with Hella projector lights and in my truck and I love them. There expensive but they give you one year warranty on the bulbs. And the Xtreme White and pretty bright...And there are DOT approved so the police can't say nothing!

Quote:Sylvania "Silver Star". Quite expensive ($35 each) but extremely nice (IMO) and also available from CT.

PIAA are over 100$ THAT IS EXPENSIVE!
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
Walmart sells the Silverstars for $49.97 for two.
the ones i bought of Ebay died on me in 3 months.....what a junk
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Oct 18 2006, 09:44 AM Wrote:the ones i bought of Ebay died on me in 3 months.....what a junk
[right][snapback]212157[/snapback][/right]

What kind were they?
When I worked at CT the silverstars were not only popular, but were very problematic. Stick to the PIAA's, I have yet to hear anything bad from them.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
yep, i want a want ice blue.....now i heard installing them is a bit of a pain? It's not as simple as unscrewing and screwing?

Any diretions on how to change light bulbs on front headlights of the focus (sedan)?
no, not hard at all.....there's just this clip thing that you have to put behind the bulb to hold it in place....

p.s. make sure u don't touch light bulbs with your bare hands.....as grease from your skin will get on them and burn them.....put some thin gloves on or something....or jsut be very carefull.......just heads up
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
euro_zx5,Oct 18 2006, 11:18 AM Wrote:When I worked at CT the silverstars were not only popular, but were very problematic. Stick to the PIAA's, I have yet to hear anything bad from them.
[right][snapback]212185[/snapback][/right]

True...

When your buying parts for car for cheap like ebay...You pay for what you get.

If you buy lights from ebay...they burn in a 3 months..then buy other pair....burn again in 3 months...If you go with PIAA you would of paid the same amount of $$ those two times and they would of been warranty.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
where can i find PIAA's? Canadian Tire?
and what part # do i need to ask for that fits the focus sedan?
cornflakes,Oct 19 2006, 12:26 AM Wrote:where can i find PIAA's?  Canadian Tire? 
and what part # do i need to ask for that fits the focus sedan?
[right][snapback]212442[/snapback][/right]

PIAA's will most likely be a special order and yes you can get them through canadian tire. they will have to order them from keystone.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
what about OSRAM H4? I heard they last longer than the short-life blue light silverstars. Is it legal in canada? I don't want to put anything on that is too bright and not legal.
cornflakes,Oct 19 2006, 02:46 AM Wrote:what about OSRAM H4? I heard they last longer than the short-life blue light silverstars.  Is it legal in canada?  I don't want to put anything on that is too bright and not legal.
[right][snapback]212463[/snapback][/right]

Osram is the German arm of Sylvania. They are a very similar bulb to the Silverstar, but slightly whiter light.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
02ztsian,Oct 18 2006, 07:43 AM Wrote:Walmart sells the Silverstars for $49.97 for two.
[right][snapback]212155[/snapback][/right]

I LOVE MY SILVERSTARS...
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
This is one of those things that you'll get a lot of different opinions on, since some people love the silverstars and havent had any problems and then some people have them burning out frequently. The most important thing with buying headlight bulbs is to watch the wattage they are.. if you put a bulb of a higher wattage than stock into your headlights you can cause serious damage to your headlight housings and wiring harnesses (and potentially burn more of your car down).

I never had to worry about any of this stuff since I bought the HIDs.. no halogen bulb compares to real HID projectors.
agreed...but your also out $1000 for them. Personally, i dont need hids, i like my stock lamps but i just want a bit stronger/whiter light. I'll try the osram h4's....silverstars nice and cheap but only last a year or less.
Anyone really interested in improving their headlights should read this first ... hint: it starts with improving the wiring / relays.

Daniel Stern Lighting

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Costco had PIIAS over the summer. Can't remember how much they were. :(
I HAD Silverstars - a really bright light but they didn't even last a year. To be fair, that was before I did the DRF conversion.

I'm running Eurolite H4s right now and while they're a little more yellow-looking, they're still better than a lot of OEM halogen sets I've driven lately.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Headlight Bulbs ThraxXx 19 3,272 03-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Chromey