Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window Tint Ticket
Tiketz,Mar 6 2006, 11:18 PM Wrote:Peel cops are  :censored2: and your front window tint is fine he was just a bastard.

If you have proof that your front window tint is 35% bring it with you and talk to the JOP and you will be fine.

35% window tint is legal in Peel region.
[right][snapback]173651[/snapback][/right]

Oh I can't wait to start the mods on the car this year :rolleyes: just to completely mess with the cops here in Mississauga :D (It'll break their brains when they see the disabled parking permit, or maybe they'll start giving me grief over that too)

Intake/Exhaust/Tint (Maybe on the tint have to see what the budget allows) and the cops will be all over me like fleas on a dog :P

NefCanuck

I was talking to my buddy who's father in law is OPP. he asked and his father in Law said that the officer can give you a ticket if he/she can not clearly see you and the action you are doing inside the car.
That means he needs to see if your reaching for something while he is walking up to the drivers window. (That is for there safety) His father in Law has done it for anyone with more than 35% on any window. (so 20,5 and Limo tint are apperently fare game for the cops.)
But that aint stopping me from getting 5% on the rear 3 windows on my car.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
well time to revive this topic

Well after driving to Brampton from Kitchener and waiting for 30 minutes for court to start. I finally got up when my name was called I walked up to the mic, stated my name and droped my " evdence " on the table I pled my case to the judge with over 10 photos of my car on hand and several statements from the Police chefs of Ontario, and the offical statement Transport Canada, and The International Window Film Association, I am happy to say that the Judge totally sided with me and dissmissed the charge.

:D :D :D
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 6 2006, 12:55 PM Wrote:well time to revive this topic

Well after driving to Brampton from Kitchener and waiting for 30 minutes for court to start. I finally got up when my name was called I walked up to the mic, stated my name and droped my " evdence " on the table I pled my case to the judge with over 10 photos of my car on hand and several statements from the Police chefs of Ontario, and the offical statement Transport Canada, and The International Window Film Association, I am happy to say that the Judge totally sided with me and dissmissed the charge.

:D  :D  :D
[right][snapback]214815[/snapback][/right]

Congrats!
Nice Frost! Told ya you would get away with it :) Good for you for fighting it, I would have as well :)
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Glad you stuck it to "the man".

Last week I was putting a security system in the commisionaires(parking police) building, and they had the nerve to give me a ticket for more than 2 hour parking.

My time hadn't expired or anything, and it had only been there no more than hour and a half.I was pretty choked. But they tore the ticket up in the end.... not without much debate. There was no way I was going to pay a bloddy $25 parking ticket.
Dan
yeah, good on u for fighting that ticket. I respect the police and the job they do but seriously, there are way more serious offenses and crimes happening out there than tint % on cars......maybe if they would spend less resources and time focusing on nabbing window tinters, this city might actually be a safer place to live in.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Nice work!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The cop had a bad day or he had to bring up his ticket # for the month..
Good job on winning!!

its nice to get 1 back everyonce and a while
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Sounds good man, and congrats. I am just waiting for the MP's or local cops to pull me over for a dark tint. If they do, I will request we go back to the Cop's Head Shed, and have them explain to me why the Suburbans and the unmarked cruisers have a tint as dark as mine, or darker, and how it's legal for them. Double standards don't play out with this kid.

Seems like the Peel region cops are real losers or something, as it always seems to be you guys rollin through Brampton and the north end of Sauga that get pulled over for this, pulled over for that, etc.

Just like the guys that get pulled over for exhausts. If you have the cat, resonator, and 02 Sensors in place, that's still legal. If you purchased it and had it installed at somewhere like MBRP for example, they were given CSA or other approval by gov't to R&D and manufacture the system, you are having installed at a liscenced shop, and you paid PST and GST for the system and install, and so did the shop on their materials and liscencing fees, stc. Soooo, how is it illegal? Again, double standards don't play out with this kid.

I can understand if you have stuff on your car that's not DOT approved, like the ST170 headlights, as they are E-code (which to me is a higher standard than DOT anyways), and they have cutoff angles higher off the ground. But hey, I paid taxes, duties, brokerages, etc on that too, and if they WERE illegal, customs wouldn't have let them enter the country, so again, the cops can go blow...lol

Sorry about the total threadjack....

Glad you won, and you're covered for good if you have any documents from the Judge indicating a pardon...show that to any future cop that tries to pull you over, I know I would, and they can't say anything.

L8tr
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
nass,Mar 5 2006, 06:55 PM Wrote:justice of the peace... havea talk with him/her and just tell him how it is. You have had this for years and no problem. The officer must have been bored or what not. 9 times out of 10 the JP will let you off or atleast reduce it especially if you hav a clean record.

As far as I know there is no legal limit, no real way of testing tints everything is very subjective as others have said. A buddy and I got the exact same tint on the same colour car at the same shop at the same time. He's been pulled over more than once for the tints and I never have. The only difference besides the cars is that he's darker skined than me :). He had a bone stock 89 prelude and I had a 90 Audi that was modified.

Justice of the peace is your best free bet. Good luck
[right][snapback]173454[/snapback][/right]

It does'nt work when you visit them more often then I do..Try getting a 50 over no insurance, no signature on permits and expired sticker - 800 bucks and also another 5,000 fine for driving with a supended licence - Better that SUCA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohhh ya..Another 150 to get my licence back couple months later.
where's a good place to get 20% tint done? How much does it cost and how long will it take?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
how do you manage to find these threads? lol interesting though...never heard of that kind of a ticket.

i got it done @ Tint Master - Shawson drive and Dixie. its actually only 5mins away from dixie ford heading in the other direction. it took about 4 hours and cost $350 with tax....lifetime warranty and its a really good one, not the cheap film.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
I have 5% tint all around on my Focus and on my truck and a few friends of mine have the same, It's so dark you cant even see in when the sunroof is open in the daytime No problems either just dont drive like a madman and it's all good
Speaking of tints. The new car(Zephyr) has tints that are extremely dark and just asking for me to get pulled over. I am leaving them on until I get stopped.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Just got back from getting my windows tinted @ my cousins shop in Thornhill.
Major Intersection is Bayview & John, one block north of John.
Went with 15% all around. Paid $230 for it , LLumar (<---- correct spelling) film, lifetime warranty from peeling or fading.

If anybody is interested in getting their windows done you can contact my cousin John @:

Pro Auto Tint & Detail
73 Green Lane
Unit 6
(905) 731-TINT (8468)

Tell him Dimitri with the Black Focus sent you.
meford4u,Nov 26 2007, 02:30 PM Wrote:Speaking of tints.  The new car(Zephyr) has tints that are extremely dark and just asking for me to get pulled over.  I am leaving them on until I get stopped.
[right][snapback]253553[/snapback][/right]

Hey Brian,

How come you didn't get a Focus is it because cant you fit in one?
Thats Great news Phillip. Good for you.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
SKRWZ,Nov 26 2007, 11:08 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 26 2007, 02:30 PM Wrote:Speaking of tints.  The new car(Zephyr) has tints that are extremely dark and just asking for me to get pulled over.  I am leaving them on until I get stopped.
[right][snapback]253553[/snapback][/right]

Hey Brian,

How come you didn't get a Focus is it because cant you fit in one?
[right][snapback]253581[/snapback][/right]
Because I am no longer a cheap f***tard who needs a Focus. That's why.

And were you running away like a girl when you wrote that statement? Cause I will hunt you down.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.