Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amping My Front Speakers
well guys, the other night i tried wiring up my front speakers to my new amp. Yes they are aftermarket speakers lol...but when i went to run my wires through the doors, i came to the conclustion that there is like a plug for the rubber protectors comign outa the cabin and into the door...confused as hell, i gave up. Can anyone give me an insight on to how i go abouts with wiring up my front speakers? Thanks guys.
You use your rca output off your deck to go to your amp and then your wires run from the amp up to where your speakers are, best to run them under the floor up to behind the dash and trace the stock wires from the deck location through to the doors.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Brian, just follow the stock speaker wiring and fish it out. That's what I did.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
You can do it quicker by tapping into the speaker wires behind the HU.

If you have an aftermarket deck, just run the amp wires to the front speaker harness behind the deck.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Nov 21 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:You can do it quicker by tapping into the speaker wires behind the HU.

If you have an aftermarket deck, just run the amp wires to the front speaker harness behind the deck.
[right][snapback]216942[/snapback][/right]

that was my next option...so just cut those wires, cap the ones coming outa the harness, and wire into those i guess...right?
Reuse the stock speaker wires for the front doors, and splice them inside the dash behind the HU like the others indicated...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
That's an easy way to do it but depending on what kind of power you're sending to your speakers you may want to use heavier wire. That way the power is cleaner all the way through and will give you better sound quality and performance from your speakers. This is something that is quite often over looked, especially for door speakers.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem With My Front Speakers! focusonthis88 6 2,197 04-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Last Post: focusonthis88
  What Front Speakers Do I Get. MAlby7 8 3,017 05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Last Post: GlennH