Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlamp Removal
Hey, any one out there have a "how-to" remove the headlights from the car. getting a set of black ones tomarrow that I ordered from my work and I want to get em in as soon as I get them lol
2000 ZX3
Mason,Nov 29 2006, 11:52 PM Wrote:Hey, any one out there have a "how-to" remove the headlights from the car. getting a set of black ones tomarrow that I ordered from my work and I want to get em in as soon as I get them lol
[right][snapback]218003[/snapback][/right]

I just did mine last week.

[Image: 119228.jpg]

Remove the front grill .

[Image: 119235.jpg]

There is 2 x 10mm bolts on the top and one hidden that you have access under the bumper in front of the inner fendre , easy access but you need to know it's there .

[Image: 119237.jpg]

Done.....

[Image: 119255.jpg]

I bought them off Ebay , they are good looking but the fit is so so and the seal doesn't fit very good around the light but they look better then my used one.
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
Why does the grill have to come off?
2000 ZX3
You'll notice the grill overlaps the headlights.. it's a pretty simple remove/replace. Only problem I had was removing the cover overtop of the grill, the plastic screw/clip things would just spin..

Just don't forget about the bolt on the bottom.. if you lay on your back and stick your head under the bumper you'll see it though.
What did they cost you. I got them at my work ( parts source ) 249 for the set and a 1 year warrenty on the seal.
I figured its better with the 1 year for the little bit of extra cash then go Ebay and get nothing.
2000 ZX3
They costed me $180.00 CDN shipped to me in Montreal , they have a lifetime warranty ....We'll see If I ever need to try but that is what it's written on the warranty card I got with the headlights ..
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
Good price on those, and are less complicated to install than the ST170's (they have colour coding variances on the wiring from one Focus to the next sometimes...).

Good luck with the swap and the car!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Yeah, it's pretty simple. The headlight bolt with the most annoyance is the one facing inward, on the same angle as a wheel stud (when changing tires). If you get a socket/socket-wrench over it... you're golden.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Nice. Got them on but I have the aim the passenger bulb and im gold.
2000 ZX3
as a random note.. when i switched to mach lights i never bothered to put the screw under the fender back.. no biggie.. and saves you the hassle of having to get under the car if you need to yank the lights again (such as changing bulbs, selling them etc)