Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Mustang - Italian Style
Saw this tonight, some might like it but all I could think was " Scissor doors.... they put SCISSOR DOORS on a new Mustang? Nothing is left sacred"

Ford Mustang - Italian style

Scissor doors on a Mustang makes NefCanuck want to cry :(

NefCanuck
Its too bad about the scissor doors, cuz otherwise from all the pics I've seen its really a nice one off of the the mustang.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I think I like the front end treatment. It makes a mean car meaner.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Looks great to me. Generalizing scissor doors, meh... it's not the same effect in every ride... this one looks like it works.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I think it's neat how the shifter represents (or looks like) a connecting rod. What I don't like, above and beyond the scissor doors, is the damn front end. It looks like it's trying WAY too hard to be the new Camaro. Ick. The Camaro's design works for the Camaro, not for the Mustang.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
yeah, i saw this on a couple mustang sites... and I think they were better sticking with what they have now instead of trying to cross bread the last generation with the new old generation -- if that makes sense.

[Image: g_mustang_450_01.jpg]

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the previous gen stangs for looks, but I think ford really got the front end right with the current gen, and it would be a shame to not explore what can be done with it (ie, fix the rear!) before trying to copy previous and other brand designs.

also not a big fan of the interior...

[Image: g_mustang_450_17.jpg]

and what happens to all that glass in an accident? or hell.. even a stone chip?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Italians do it best yo!
[Image: 112_news061128_03sford_mustang_by_g.jpg]
[Image: 112_news061128_02sford_mustang_by_g.jpg]
[Image: 112_news061128_07zford_mustang_by_g.jpg]
ohh and about the all glass thing..It's a supercar not a daliy driver ;)
Cheers,
wonder how many mustangs were killed for that interior.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
02SVTSEDAN,Dec 1 2006, 11:02 AM Wrote:Italians do it best yo!

Italians do a lot of things better than americans, but making a mustang look like a gallardo isn't one of them....

that car fails on so many levels.. I don't think the italian designer got the point of what makes the current stang so successful aesthetically.

Quote:ohh and about the all glass thing..It's a supercar not a daliy driver ;)
Cheers,
[right][snapback]218151[/snapback][/right]

just 'cause they tried to make it look like a super car, doesn't really make it a super car... and that thing ain't no supercar (In my opinion of course).

BTW.. scissor doors are so cliched that even lamborghini realizes this, and had to put 'regular' doors on the gallardo just to make it different.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

When I saw the front shot, 1st thing that came into my head was the new Challenger.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
02SVTSEDAN,Dec 1 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:Italians do it best yo!
[Image: 112_news061128_07zford_mustang_by_g.jpg]
[right][snapback]218151[/snapback][/right]

Ugh.... that rear end treatment is just so not Mustang... the three vertical bars are supoosed to be of equal length... not looking like something that beloings on the Batmobile, NVM the weird crease lines in the trunklid...

To quote a Fuzzy Bunny T shirt design... "I threw up in my mouth just a little"

NefCanuck
I dont think its that bad actualy, the rear needs some work though.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
That rendition of the stang looks like AZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

(Runs for the wastebasket)
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I dont think it looks that bad, im sure gallardo came into some ppls minds because of the paint colour, change the paint and you'll be fine. Lambo style doors ? Yeah kinda corny but hey , its a big aftermarket part that alot of people put on their cars "Yo bro , checkit out man i gots the lambo doors guy", not my thing but whatever.

As for the side and back not looking like a mustang , i dont think anything could be further from the truth . Look at the old mustangs from the 60's, that has the exact same styling cues on the trunklid at the back verticle face, its all indented , this one is far more extreme , but still along the same lines, also the waist line of the car that follows the top of the wheel arches looks classically mustang , especially the folds in the metal as it makes more than a 90 degree bend . Thats beautiful stuff, no one makes that anymore cause the cost in moulding and pressing metal like that is far too expensive, its a nice remider of old american muscle car design.

As for the multispoke wheels that are painted in the middle ? Those wheels are so italian looking its not funny. lol , can anyone say momo wheels ? Also, whatever the hell they used on the seat inserts, looks terrible, seems like a knock off of some blotchy cowhide pattern , blech , make it black or better yet black suede, looks sweet and has some killer grip on your rear when cornering :D

That all glass roof wont fly , ppl like rear view mirriors, dome lights and most importantly sun visors !

Those tail pipes are very GT-90 looking, thought that was an interesting little add on :P

Thats nice!!!!
Mike,Dec 1 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:As for the side and back not looking like a mustang , i dont think anything could be further from the truth . Look at the old mustangs from the 60's, that has the exact same styling cues on the trunklid at the back verticle face, its all indented , this one is far more extreme , but still along the same lines, also the waist line of the car that follows the top of the wheel arches looks classically mustang , especially the folds in the metal as it makes more than a 90 degree bend . Thats beautiful stuff, no one makes that anymore cause the cost in moulding and pressing metal like that is far too expensive, its a nice remider of old american muscle car design.

[right][snapback]218276[/snapback][/right]

My father owned a '67 Stang sedan from new for over 17 years so I became fairly initimate with the design cues from that period of Mustang (The 67-68 MY are my personal favourites).

Where the trunk fails for me is that the edge of the trunk lid is cleaved off so sharply as to look like it could actually hurt someone if they ran their hand along it. The mid to late 60's 'Stang trunklid was a smooth curve over to the chromed edge of the lid.

The other issue for me is the three bar light treatment, again if it wasn't so extreme, it wouldn't bother me enough to comment on, but these pics show a design that's just "different" for the sake of being so.

NefCanuck
Drivesthebeast,Dec 1 2006, 04:50 PM Wrote:That rendition of the stang looks like AZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

(Runs for the wastebasket)
[right][snapback]218233[/snapback][/right]

Ditto.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
The Italian's haven't killed the Mustang that bad since the 1974 Ghia... :puke:

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost