Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mods
Heres a pic of some new mods on the SVT. I will be going to get it Dyno tuned next week. I am sure we can free up some lost horse power but how much is the question.

If there is anybody on the boards that would like to know what ECU pins to tie into for the APEXi--- SUPER AIR FUEL CONVERTOR or the REV SPEED METER. Send me a email and I will send you directions midasguysteve@hotmail.com.
Steve.
My Webpage
Focus has Zetc....Honda's got VETC....only were faster!
when you try to change the air fuel with the apexi controler the stock ecu corrects it to the stock values.No ones got this on there car for that reason

sorry dude I think you may have bought a show part ;)
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
How do you figure this? I have made ajustments and seen the change it does work.
D-Dub,May 3 2004, 03:27 AM Wrote:when you try to change the air fuel with the apexi controler the stock ecu corrects it to the stock values.No ones got this on there car for that reason

sorry dude I think you may have bought a show part ;)
I tried making some corections on the hwy into work today the changes worked. Shut down the car drove agian the changes held... but now you have me worried that I may have wasted some time and money. I guess only the dyno tuning will give me the awnswer if it will or wont work. Do you know if it instanly re-corrects or does it take time?
the ECU will learn over a length of time.

the Focus ECU is a smart little bastard, and you may want to look into a chip or flasher solution to tune your air/fuel properly. Otherwise, over time you will very likely lose your tune.

Of course I don't know of too many people who've experienced this 1st hand, but I'm sure you'll want to keep a close eye on it, and if you're using it for FI, be very aware, since you could be driving on borrowed time.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I for one had purcharsed the S-AFC from ApexI but like everyone else that pruchased one I had to sell mine simply for the fact the our dawm ECU are what darkpuppet said "Smart Little Bastards". They re-learn no matter what. I know that you feel the changes but after a cycle your car will reset everything to stock setttings. Get a SCT 4-bank chip or the SCT extreme Flasher. Trust me you'll love it even more then the ApexI.

Steeda,
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
Well dynoed the car at apex modified here in edmonton alberta, picked up 7 wheel hose power and 4 foot pounds. I am going to return for a retest wide band in a few weeks and see what happened only time will tell..

151Hp and 136Tq at the wheels cold air intake, exhaust and SAFC.. next up exhaust cam gear and MSD ignition with timming control.

Thanks Adam.
Your welcome .... I think
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
guys can you be more specific when you say the PCM 'learns'

do you mean that it adjusts different parameters to try to bring the fuel trim tables back to where it 'expects' them to be or what?

IT basically says "thats not what Im supposed to do fuke-yuu and bam back to stock numbers"
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
naz,May 20 2004, 03:51 AM Wrote:guys can you be more specific when you say the PCM 'learns'

do you mean that it adjusts different parameters to try to bring the fuel trim tables back to where it 'expects' them to be or what?
When the PCM 'learns', it starts off with a base fuel table, and then adjusts the fuel trims to get the commanded air/fuel ratio it's looking for.

It also can advance/retard timing based on load, knock detection, or specific event.

Problem is, when you change what the car is seeing going in, it will do it's best to correct the mixture until the O2 sensor is returning the numbers it wants to see to confirm that it is running near stoich.

Not to mention that it could be adjusting the timing on you as well.

Over time, this can be dangerous if anything happened to the little computers tricking the PCM, the tables could go full rich, full lean, or the spark can go waaaaay off and poof.. -1 engine.

The SCT software enables the tuner to turn off adaptive learning to get the base tune and tables right, and then you can adjust just how much the car does learn, and under which conditions. If none of those parameters are changed, and you try to 'fool' the PCM into doing what you want, it will invariable learn out the changes... until you take it beyond what it can learn, then eventually throw a CEL or piston (worst case scenario)...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!