Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buh-bye North Pole..
recycle people!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 13 2006, 05:03 PM Wrote:Try Algonquin Park for an example of that exact thinking - with the local Wolves. Same deal, they were almost killed off and had finally been brought back as of about 10-15 years ago. The deer damn near ate everything prior to that because of the lack of predators.

And... I drive a Focus. And all I worry about day in and day out is myself and my wife. If we're making the right choices, then at least we've done something. I've long since given up on converting the sheeple.
[right][snapback]220035[/snapback][/right]

yup... i totally agree with that... i don't believe in the "Big Money Making Eviromentalist movement" things like "global warming" campaigns, ozone layers and all that over hyped crap.

but i do believe in each "Normal person" doing his own part.... clean up after yourself, don't throw your garbage out the window, recycle, reduse the amount of energe you consume.... thats stuff we can do stuff about.

Look at the littering... 20 years ago... you threw you coffee cup out the window along with you big mac container.... the highways were littered with crap...

Now... hardly anyone is that foolish anymore.

theres certain thing we can change...and some stuff we shouldn't mess with at all. personally i think global warming is crap.... doesn't mean it is... but i've seen to much hyped up nonsence being past off as hard facts to believe what american politicians say about anything... AL gore just sealed the deal.

besides... i'm always a little chill anyways... 1.25 degrees, i won't have to wear a sweater B)
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
See, the thing is that it's not the environmentalists that are coming up with these earth simulations that are saying things are gonna change.

I don't buy into the environmentalist mentality myself, but some of the findings that scientists have come up with recently are troubling.

If the ice melts and the oceans warm up, there's a good possibility that a majority of sea creatures will die off. It's already happening with larger than usual/new deadzones..

Global warming may not be the key problem, but it's definitely symptomatic of a larger issue.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Flofocus,Dec 13 2006, 02:44 PM Wrote:yo OAC...you think you and I could make something to harvest fart powah?
[right][snapback]220029[/snapback][/right]
I envision fields of cattle with SCUBA tanks on their backs.

Kinda be ironic to have vegetarian hippies depending on the beef industry to power their Priuses!
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
ah the scientists.... half agree about the ice caps melting and the other half are saying that while the ice caps in green land are thinning that the ice in antartica is actually getting larger... not in length or width but depth... 2 years ago a Norwegian scientist working out of Antarctica proposed thats the amount of ice on the earth stays relitively constant but the areas of the ice them selfs fluctuate.... But with Billions and billions of dollars invested into global warming and the melting ice caps (the majority of which studies are concerning greenland) he was hushed and passed by by the media... cause comfort does sell coca cola the way fear does.... and the big hanchos behind these campaigns are too comfortable sitting in their villas and million dollar home to be stopped by silly facts....

but enough about this.... kyles a jew!

[Image: KyleBeginsToSeeTheHorror.jpg]
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
^-- you got a link to that study?

darkpuppet,Dec 13 2006, 03:32 PM Wrote:^-- you got a link to that study?
[right][snapback]220054[/snapback][/right]
I'm pretty sure he's right.

Kyle's a Jew.
OAC_Sparky,Dec 13 2006, 04:39 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Dec 13 2006, 03:32 PM Wrote:^-- you got a link to that study?
[right][snapback]220054[/snapback][/right]
I'm pretty sure he's right.

Kyle's a Jew.
[right][snapback]220056[/snapback][/right]

*sigh* :rolleyes:

darkpuppet,Dec 13 2006, 02:50 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Dec 13 2006, 03:36 PM Wrote:Won't matter much soon, after we reach "peak oil" we won't have car exhaust to worry about. Or much else.

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

Now if we could find a way of piping cow farts to collect the methane gas we may have hope for both global warming and fuel resources. They say cow farts collectively do more to speed global warming than cars do....
[right][snapback]220024[/snapback][/right]

I know there's a couple test-farms for collecting pig gasses. Not sure if there's anything for cows yet..

Also, I always got the impression that we already reached peak oil. The numbers of oil consumption vs oil finds was pretty much inverse in 2006... which means there's no more easy oil, and we start down the bell chart..
[right][snapback]220032[/snapback][/right]

Problem with the "peak oil predictions" is that they're based on supposition since there are many oil fields in countries that aren't too keen on releasing data on the size of the fields that they do have and how much has already been pumped out of them (Why hello Saudi Arabia)

All we can do is try to minimize our impact on the planet. While the planet goes through cyclical changes as a matter of course, man is the most destructive force that this planet has ever had to deal with.

NefCanuck
The references out of the back of the book and the refeneced qouted finding... from many different scientiest....

[Image: Picture1.jpg]
[Image: Picture.jpg]

It also has many graphs showing the only place to show any signifigante climite increase is in cities... which is more closely related to the "city island" effect... which shows that cities change there own climated do to thing like cars pavment and buildings...

i could scan them too.... but theres allot... i might tomorrow post a few.

really people have to stop believing everything they see on fox news and cnn as actual fact... remember these companies and politicions like al gore are in it for the ratings... not to solve problems....
Sea ice doesn't do s*** if it isn't out there reflecting sunlight when it's at its most intense times - December and June.

And considering the warming trend and the ability of antarctic ice shelves to fall off into the ocean (possibly creating more "sea ice")... how long do you think smaller chunks will last?

The ice shelves are what matter... they're the biggest mass with the largest surface area, and they're responsible for reflecting back a lot of sunlight. When they're gone, we roast.

Also, considering you keep referring to "An Inconvenient Truth" I'll assume you watched it, have you considered the fact that all of the glaciers in the movie have actually disappeared / largely disappeared?

Ice that is tens of thousands of years old shouldn't be disappearing within a hundred years. It's not right. We ARE amping up the temperature of this planet and nothing good will come of it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 13 2006, 09:25 PM Wrote:Sea ice doesn't do s*** if it isn't out there reflecting sunlight when it's at its most intense times - December and June.

And considering the warming trend and the ability of antarctic ice shelves to fall off into the ocean (possibly creating more "sea ice")... how long do you think smaller chunks will last?

The ice shelves are what matter... they're the biggest mass with the largest surface area, and they're responsible for reflecting back a lot of sunlight. When they're gone, we roast.

Also, considering you keep referring to "An Inconvenient Truth" I'll assume you watched it, have you considered the fact that all of the glaciers in the movie have actually disappeared / largely disappeared?

Ice that is tens of thousands of years old shouldn't be disappearing within a hundred years. It's not right. We ARE amping up the temperature of this planet and nothing good will come of it.
[right][snapback]220111[/snapback][/right]

please reread the previous post.... the bold sections are the actual quotes... sorry if i didn't get the info off the internet propaganda machine. science journals tend to mean more.

trust me these guys know allot more then me... feel free to look anyone of the listed names up on http://www.411.com and ask them. I've read the book, and read allot of similar subjected material... these people have allot more education then all the Al Gores on climatology. but believe what you want and remember all the other doomsday scenarios i mentioned before... so whats more likely, that the world is slowly over heating at the rate of 1.25 degrees per 150 year (based on the temperature reading ability of ole farmer clems great great great grand father and his 1857 thermometer) or this is just the next thing they are screaming that the sky is falling.... remember the Ozone....

i personally refuse to worry about thinks that (1.) might not be real in the first place and (2) if it is real the world is gonna do what the world does.... keep on spinning.
I'll be ignorant right now, and mention the following....

The ice caps will receed...the oceans will rise...cities like Miami and L.A.. will end up underwater...the climate in Ontario will be like Australia's Gold Coast, and the larger oil deposits that the public know of right now are both in Canada...sooo...Canada will have the weather, the fresh water, the hydro, the oils, and other stuff...making Canada the new place "to be".... :lol:

Oh yeah, and when the oceans rise, then Kevin Costner will be saying "And you all thought Water World sucked...who's laughin now bitches!" :lol:
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
SliverSteeda,Dec 13 2006, 07:51 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 13 2006, 09:25 PM Wrote:Sea ice doesn't do s*** if it isn't out there reflecting sunlight when it's at its most intense times - December and June.

[right][snapback]220111[/snapback][/right]

please reread the previous post.... the bold sections are the actual quotes... sorry if i didn't get the info off the internet propaganda machine. science journals tend to mean more.

trust me these guys know allot more then me... feel free to look anyone of the listed names up on http://www.411.com and ask them. I've read the book, and read allot of similar subjected material... these people have allot more education then all the Al Gores on climatology. but believe what you want and remember all the other doomsday scenarios i mentioned before... so whats more likely, that the world is slowly over heating at the rate of 1.25 degrees per 150 year (based on the temperature reading ability of ole farmer clems great great great grand father and his 1857 thermometer) or this is just the next thing they are screaming that the sky is falling.... remember the Ozone....

i personally refuse to worry about thinks that (1.) might not be real in the first place and (2) if it is real the world is gonna do what the world does.... keep on spinning.
[right][snapback]220125[/snapback][/right]

Science journal publication isn't all it's cracked up to be... just because you're there doesn't mean the whole world agrees with what you've written. Remember the South Korean scientist and "Snuppy"?

I think we'll agree to disagree on this one.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
the world is gonna end soon!!

time to spend money and make the most of it!
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Drivesthebeast,Dec 13 2006, 10:33 PM Wrote:I'll be ignorant right now, and mention the following....

The ice caps will receed...the oceans will rise...cities like Miami and L.A.. will end up underwater...the climate in Ontario will be like Australia's Gold Coast, and the larger oil deposits that the public know of right now are both in Canada...sooo...Canada will have the weather, the fresh water, the hydro, the oils, and other stuff...making Canada the new place "to be".... :lol:

Oh yeah, and when the oceans rise, then Kevin Costner will be saying "And you all thought Water World sucked...who's laughin now bitches!" :lol:
[right][snapback]220138[/snapback][/right]

bingo... thats the way isee it to... Global warming turns out to be over whyped...cool (no pun intended...lol) or global warming turns canada into a tropical paradice and my house being at 120 ft above sea level i fiqure it will be prim ocean front property....double sweet...

i see win win here people :D

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 13 2006, 10:38 PM Wrote:I think we'll agree to disagree on this one.
[right][snapback]220140[/snapback][/right]

And thats what i like about FC.... so far its been super positive and doesn't resort to retardedness even if people don't agree on stuff...

btw....kyle is still a jew :P
SliverSteeda,Dec 14 2006, 01:40 PM Wrote:And thats what i like about FC.... so far its been super positive and doesn't resort to retardedness even if people don't agree on stuff...

[right][snapback]220225[/snapback][/right]

you obviously haven't been around long enough... :ph34r:

tho it's good when people can discuss things without getting all overzealous about it.

SliverSteeda,Dec 13 2006, 08:20 PM Wrote:really people have to stop believing everything they see on fox news and cnn as actual fact... remember these companies and politicions like al gore are in it for the ratings... not to solve problems....
[right][snapback]220108[/snapback][/right]

I would just like to point out the age of those research materials... 5 years old.

I posted a research, done by scientists rather recently that showed we could be in a heap of trouble.

And I also posted supporting facts such as the increased occurrances of ocean deadzones that have recently popped up. I'm not making it up. There's a lot of current scientific findings that hint at future troubles.

And I've never seen An Inconvenient Truth, or any other eco-documentary.. this is just stuff I've read from science journals and research published recently.

If they publish a report tomorrow saying that the previous research is wrong, I'll take it, but that's not what I'm seeing.

oh, and in case anyone is interested in recent (and raw) data.

check out NASA's GISS Surface Temp site.

if you do a world map of surface temp trends for 2000-2006, using 1980-2000 as your baseline (going on the assumption that older data is inherently innacurate), and a good majority of the map shows a warming trend.

If you take the baseline from the 1800's, then you do see the cooling trends in the antarctic, and warming in the arctic (why Russia is cooling 8C while Alaska is warming 8C beats the hell out of me..).

darkpuppet,Dec 14 2006, 12:47 PM Wrote:you obviously haven't been around long enough...  :ph34r: [right][snapback]220229[/snapback][/right]
lol, someone's under 100 posts hehe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Gear Races To The North Pole darkpuppet 11 3,300 03-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet