Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Some Cf Skins...
Making some skins like hardkore....Just not as nice as his :o ;)

I tried some cf last year...but it didnt work out for me. Seeing kevo get his done, got me goin on it again.

This is the battery cover, 3 ply CF....

After curing...

[Image: DSCF3102.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3103.jpg]

After a quick wetsand...Its still a work in progress as of now.

[Image: DSCF3108.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3109.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3110.jpg]

Was working on something else...but learned a hard and expensive lesson. Epoxy sticks to wax paper.

[Image: DSCF3107.jpg]

Still have lots of work to do, and learned a lot just doing this. Kevin has given me some good tricks to. Thanks dood B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
should make up a basic how to if you have some time.
'03 Focus SVT
Flofocus,Jan 22 2007, 08:45 PM Wrote:Was working on something else...but learned a hard and expensive lesson.  Epoxy sticks to wax paper.

[Image: DSCF3107.jpg]

Still have lots of work to do, and learned a lot just doing this. Kevin has given me some good tricks to.  Thanks dood  B)
[right][snapback]224235[/snapback][/right]

CF valve cover cover?!?!?! :o

:lol:
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jan 23 2007, 12:23 AM Wrote:CF valve cover cover?!?!?! :o

:lol:
[right][snapback]224245[/snapback][/right]

Yup, but I think it be easier to just make some spark plug wire covers...

ill take one of those man. btw did you try any of the tips i gave you?
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
bigman,Jan 23 2007, 09:00 AM Wrote:ill take one of those man.  btw  did you try any of the tips i gave you?
[right][snapback]224257[/snapback][/right]

What would you like? Teh spark plug cover? i have to find where I can buy some spacer and teh right hardware to mount them. I'll probably have to go to a machine shop to have them made.

No, didnt try bagging...I have to make a bagging system for that. what im doing now seems to work, so once I get sometime I'll work on a vacum system.
Vac bagging is tough...I don't think its really necessary for skinning. I've got some good techniques that don't require vac bagging and net similar results with 1/2 the skill and a fraction of the cost.
If either of you guys want to give me a price on a coolant cover and plug cover that would be great.

I think a little CF would sweet in my nice clean engine!
:P
Actually yeah, I was going to get the SVT coolant cover from Campbell Ford out in Ottawa, but CF would be nice under there as well.

Someone wanna tell me what that might run me via PM?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
well Kevin and I are going to be pricing our stuff the same.

Were thinking $140 for:

-Battery Cover
-Spark plug cover
-Fuse box Cover
-Coolant Cover

If you only want 1 or 2 items, PM me or Kevin and we can work something out.

Keep in mind, these are hand made...real CF, they take time to make. :P
FocusGuy7476,Jan 23 2007, 12:17 AM Wrote:should make up a basic how to if you have some time.
[right][snapback]224244[/snapback][/right]

I got mine off of google. Plenty of how to's out there.
Flofocus,Jan 23 2007, 09:26 AM Wrote:well Kevin and I are going to be pricing our stuff the same.

Were thinking $140 for:

-Battery Cover
-Spark plug cover
-Fuse box Cover
-Coolant Cover

If you only want 1 or 2 items, PM me or Kevin and we can work something out.

Keep in mind, these are hand made...real CF, they take time to make.  :P
[right][snapback]224271[/snapback][/right]

Someone make my grille... providing i can find the pieces. Anyone know where to get a nice thick steel mesh?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 23 2007, 08:47 AM Wrote:Actually yeah, I was going to get the SVT coolant cover from Campbell Ford out in Ottawa, but CF would be nice under there as well.

Someone wanna tell me what that might run me via PM?
[right][snapback]224267[/snapback][/right]

Is the coolant tank the same in all model year Focus? :huh:

In that case I wouldn't mind one along with a CF battery cover myself (I hate that godawful cheap looking cover on the battery <_< )

NefCanuck
140?

Jeeze, you guys are only charging about 3 bucks an hour.

What a deal!

ANTHONYD,Jan 23 2007, 02:01 PM Wrote:140?

Jeeze, you guys are only charging about 3 bucks an hour.

What a deal!
[right][snapback]224291[/snapback][/right]

That price is for our freinds at fc.net. :) :fag:

My price will be higher on ebay.
I've already set up a 3-piece deal. This is a GREAT offer, guys... I suggest you step up and place your orders if you're serious.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I should have about 2 or 3 extra sets of:

-Spark plug cover (still have to find out about the spacers)
-Bat cover
-Fuse box cover

This is all curing right now....just have to sand, sand, sand and clearcoat...thinking another 2 weeks before some would be available to purchase.
I want spark plug cover!!!
JMS US spec front lip, Rieger R-RX side skirts, Rieger R-RX rear apron, European rear bumper, European tail lights, RPMlabs grill, Painted side mirrors cover, H4 HID kit, Lamin-X yellow fogs, shorty antenna, Loder1899 replica rear spoiler, weathertech window delfector, Injen short ram air box, FC UDP pulley, FC 65mm TB, Focussport race header, Focussport flex, magnaflow hi-flow cat, MBRP catback, SCT Xcal2, ford racing spark plug wire, Tein S-tech, FK Damper kit, Eibach rear camber kit, Focussport strut bar, Painted valve cover, TeamDynamic pro race 1.2 17", Kumho SPT 205/45/17, Hawk HP, brembo blank rotors, Russell SS brakelines, Motul dot 5.1, Recaro replica seats on Recaro seat base, KKM shift surround, In-dash 7" DVD player, Tein Damper-chi doll!!
so its gonna be alright dealing with "high" temp. under the hood?
not gonna start pilling off or anything?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Jan 23 2007, 05:10 PM Wrote:so its gonna be alright dealing with "high"  temp. under the hood?
not gonna start pilling off or anything?
[right][snapback]224313[/snapback][/right]

Thats what Im concerned with. Im told it wont. I can do product testing on my car beofre anything is sold....but you'll have to wait until spring for that!