Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Tires, Recommendations?
Upgrading to either a New VOLVO S40 T5 AWD (Turbo All Wheel Drive) or a BMW 330CI.... not sure yet, but that's the plan. I'm getting to old to be driving a car with a body kit.... lol

Actually I want something more 'comfortable' and a bit more 'my age' if you know what I mean.
S2,Nov 25 2004, 09:37 PM Wrote:........I'm getting to old to be driving a car with a body kit.... lol
[right][snapback]71572[/snapback][/right]

Too bad meford4u is on vacation, that would send the old guy into a complete plastic & sticker clad meltdown! :lol:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
S2,Nov 25 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:Upgrading to either a New VOLVO S40 T5 AWD (Turbo All Wheel Drive) or a BMW 330CI.... not sure yet, but that's the plan.  I'm getting to old to be driving a car with a body kit.... lol

Actually I want something more 'comfortable' and a bit more 'my age' if you know what I mean.
[right][snapback]71572[/snapback][/right]

Nice choices for a new ride.
what do mean by "my age" your like 28. If your too old what about .....
:D :D ...me and some of the others on here.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Yeah I figured I would get that, actually I think I am getting 'bored' with the focus also. It all depends on if I get in with the City Police this February (got my polygraph and final interview) then with some luck, off to Regina in August 2005 for 5 months of training.

I am thinking about selling at the start of summer since that will be a prime time to sell the car but we'll see. All depends on alot of things.
I got 205/50R16 Toyo Proxyes TPT all-seasons....I've logged about 8,000km on them and they are very grippy on dry pavement, wet traction is very good...now they are supposed to be reasonable in winter0--

but, I dont know...we've had freezing rain and slush the last day or so and it was no trouble but, thats not a real test...

but these tires are pretty nice, although they could be a little quieter...but it's not bad!!

Good luck with the police application! What does a PC make in Regina?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
microbunny,Nov 25 2004, 07:10 PM Wrote:I got 205/50R16 Toyo Proxyes TPT all-seasons....I've logged about 8,000km on them and they are very grippy on dry pavement, wet traction is very good...now they are supposed to be reasonable in winter0--

but, I dont know...we've had freezing rain and slush the last day or so and it was no trouble but, thats not a real test...

but these tires are pretty nice, although they could be a little quieter...but it's not bad!!
[right][snapback]71625[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I might get those also, I got a reasonable quote on Toyo tires but didn't know much about them. I have heard of them before. Thank you much for your input.

I really appreciate everyone's input on this, very much, thank you, keep it coming.
2001 ZTS,Nov 25 2004, 07:24 PM Wrote:Good luck with the police application! What does a PC make in Regina?
[right][snapback]71630[/snapback][/right]

I actually will take my training in Regina (there is a police college there). I will be employed with the Saskatoon Police if I get in (I say if cause there is no guarentee but originally last year when I applied there was about 350-400 applicants and I got down to about 100 then got deferred for a year cause I lacked volunteering, etc)

Anyway I will actually take about a $4,000 paycut for the first year on but after 5 years it's around $60,000 plus TONS of movement upwards if you want.
ALL PERFORMANCE PARTS CHAD SELLS MUST GO THROUGH ME TO SEE IF I WANT THEM FIRST IF HE PARTS OUT lol ...thats shitty buddy don't sell it just ..get a nother car :D
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
S2,Nov 26 2004, 03:13 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Nov 25 2004, 07:24 PM Wrote:Good luck with the police application! What does a PC make in Regina?
[right][snapback]71630[/snapback][/right]

I actually will take my training in Regina (there is a police college there). I will be employed with the Saskatoon Police if I get in (I say if cause there is no guarentee but originally last year when I applied there was about 350-400 applicants and I got down to about 100 then got deferred for a year cause I lacked volunteering, etc)

Anyway I will actually take about a $4,000 paycut for the first year on but after 5 years it's around $60,000 plus TONS of movement upwards if you want.
[right][snapback]71659[/snapback][/right]
Once you're IN let me know, if you're wiling to relocate to TO. That's just the tip of the iceberg salary wise.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Damn man, now the fuzz will have an inside track with the Foci crowd :P

Seriously, that's cool though. My cousin's Ontario Provincial Police up here in North Bay. Good luck on the opportunity.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Definitely got my fingers crossed to get in. I have only a couple steps left and along with all the volunteering I am doing (Big Brothers, United Way, etc) plus the fact that I got a retired staff seargent and a current seargent on my references list will help me.

Back on topic, buddy here at work said I should go check out Costco for tires, I guess they have everything there (brand names).....
S2,Nov 26 2004, 11:13 AM Wrote:Definitely got my fingers crossed to get in.  I have only a couple steps left and along with all the volunteering I am doing (Big Brothers, United Way, etc) plus the fact that I got a retired staff seargent and a current seargent on my references list will help me.

Back on topic, buddy here at work said I should go check out Costco for tires, I guess they have everything there (brand names).....
[right][snapback]71725[/snapback][/right]

I checked out Costco before I went to my Ford dealer for the Goodyear Integrity set... I wasn't that impressed, and having to drive an hour or more to settle a warranty or other issue wasn't that appealing.

I just went with the dealer cause I can drop off the car @ 7 and be at work for 7:30, same as always. :) Plus, the price was low-ball fo sho... under 500 bucks for 4 tires, installed and balanced, plus an oil change and filter and a #3 checkup for 40 bucks... taxes in on all that.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 26 2004, 10:29 AM Wrote:
S2,Nov 26 2004, 11:13 AM Wrote:Definitely got my fingers crossed to get in.  I have only a couple steps left and along with all the volunteering I am doing (Big Brothers, United Way, etc) plus the fact that I got a retired staff seargent and a current seargent on my references list will help me.

[right][snapback]71725[/snapback][/right]

I checked out Costco before I went to my Ford dealer for the Goodyear Integrity set... I wasn't that impressed, and having to drive an hour or more to settle a warranty or other issue wasn't that appealing.

I just went with the dealer cause I can drop off the car @ 7 and be at work for 7:30, same as always. :) Plus, the price was low-ball fo sho... under 500 bucks for 4 tires, installed and balanced, plus an oil change and filter and a #3 checkup for 40 bucks... taxes in on all that.
[right][snapback]71751[/snapback][/right]

Thank you, probably saved me a trip now......
That was for 4 185/65R14s... but your price for 4 16"s shouldn't be too bad.

Right now the best price is for the OEM replacements (Firestone Firehawks) for about $175 installed each.

I'm looking at about $800+ for a brand name tire right now. Tire size on the S2 rims is 205-50-16