Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Battery
I am in need of a battery and was wondering which battery would fit other than stock. I know the motormaster 72 fits but it is $94. They have good deals on battery's at costco but I am unsure which one if any would fit. This is for a 2001 zx3. I would rather not have to deal with putting on longer wires
where do you live? i have an allmost brand new motormaster 72 i have no need for
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
If you go to Costco or anywhere else look for a 72 series battery and it will fit. All batteries use the same code #'s for the sizes. If you want to double check measure yours first before buying just to be sure that they are the same size. On another note, some batteries come with a 1" spacer on the bottom that may need to be removed before installing due to different applications for the specific battery size.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I am in NB. I will measure before I go to be sure. I just heard that with some battery's the battery cables may not be long enough.
Dont forget. When you buy a cheap battery you get a cheap battery.

My advise, dont be cheap when it comes to the battery.
2000 ZX3
From what I have heard the costco battery's are very good. I have one in a saturn for 4 years now and it works perfect plus it has about 20% more cca than the stock one.
I'm still running my 7 year old OEM battery. No problems at all.

If I was to replace it, I wouldnt mind paying the dealership for an exact one since its worked out so well for me.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 23 2007, 09:24 AM Wrote:I'm still running my 7 year old OEM battery.  No problems at all.

If I was to replace it, I wouldnt mind paying the dealership for an exact one since its worked out so well for me.
[right][snapback]231696[/snapback][/right]

Word to that, I've been rocking the OEM battery since '02 and it's never had a problem so far.
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
I replaced my OEM battery with a 800 cca Total Battery Bty. My OEM battery was shot, and I decided to upgrade.

There are different groups of batteries, and not all will fit. Also, some batteries liested at some places will say they will fit your application, but might be side post mount, or something like that. You need one with top posts again, unless you want to modify your battery leads.

I'd also look at getting a battery blanket too...it will prolong the lifespan of your battery.

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
What brand and model of battery did you use? Did you have to modify anything to install it.
So really, how hard is it to put the battery in the trunk..? Wouldn't mind doing that.. I've always liked the look of a cleaner engine bay :)

*edit*

Cus then you also wouldn't have to worry about what kind've battery you got.. Your trunk is big enough to fit pretty much any battery (made for automotive use *)
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
Bought a battery at costco and the cables were too short. Returned it and bought a energizer at walmart. fit right it. The stock battery had 500 cca and this one has 590 which I think it the same amount for the stock battery of the non zetec.