Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engines
Daniel, if I ever get stupid and say screw the warranty... the 2.3L is going in.

It's a beast. You're also correct about the trans. Even the auto in the Duratecs has upgraded clutchpacks to deal with the extra torque/HP. They "Lentech-up" real nice, too.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 19 2007, 12:34 PM Wrote:Daniel, if I ever get stupid and say screw the warranty... the 2.3L is going in.

It's a beast. You're also correct about the trans. Even the auto in the Duratecs has upgraded clutchpacks to deal with the extra torque/HP. They "Lentech-up" real nice, too.
[right][snapback]231123[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, if I could afford to piss away the warranty, the 2.3L would be a nice sleeper type mod together with the SRI & MBRP. Gotta win the lottery first I guess <_<

Then again, if I win the lottery, I'm gonna get a 5.0L V8 shoehorned in there... now THAT'S an upgrade :lol:

NefCanuck
The again, if I win the lottery, I'll import a Focus RS and get it legalized
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
torradan,Mar 19 2007, 12:25 PM Wrote:IB5 won't bolt up to anything but a SPI from what I've read.

MTX75 has 2 different bellhousings for zetec and duratec, so those aren't an exact swap either.
[right][snapback]231121[/snapback][/right]

So I can't bolt an MTX75 to my SPI?

so I have to swap trannies and engines, not just engines..

... I see
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
If I win the lottery, I won't have a focus.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 19 2007, 03:34 PM Wrote:If I win the lottery, I won't have a focus.
[right][snapback]231152[/snapback][/right]
I don't need too much to make me happy.
K&N Filter.....
Flofocus,Mar 19 2007, 03:34 PM Wrote:If I win the lottery, I won't have a focus.

i will, it probly wont be street legal or be FWD!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
oldeguy,Mar 19 2007, 04:49 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]231171[/snapback][/right]

either do I. I only need 1 enzo.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 19 2007, 02:34 PM Wrote:If I win the lottery, I won't have a focus.

X2
bugatti rings a bell 4 me, possibly koinegsegg* spelling.

realistically speaking though i want a svt cobra! ;)
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Flofocus,Mar 19 2007, 05:45 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 19 2007, 04:49 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]231171[/snapback][/right]

either do I. I only need 1 enzo.
[right][snapback]231177[/snapback][/right]
I had a buddy in High School named Enzo
K&N Filter.....
torradan,Mar 19 2007, 12:25 PM Wrote:IB5 won't bolt up to anything but a SPI from what I've read.

MTX75 has 2 different bellhousings for zetec and duratec, so those aren't an exact swap either.

actually there's a few the MTX 75 can be found in the countour cougar and jaguar Xtype... it's been around for a while...

the neat thing about the X type is there's a diff coming off it for the AWD :ph34r:

the IB5 5sp SPI tranny is a slush box any how your best not to keep it.

lots of peeps get rid of em in favour of the mtx75 ie festova RS's with 2L zetec swaps in the UK...

for the mony keep your SPI for a daily driver find a 2000 ZX3 shell and build from there...
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
Lotto winner...hmmm...

Small lotto...keep the Stang GT as daily driver, and buy a GT500 as the toy, as well as keep the truck as a project street truck...

Larger lotto...Stang Gt as DD, Ford GT or Aston Martin DB9 as the Toy....Still keep truck as street truck project...

I agree with what some have said here...keep the SPI as it is for a DD, and buy a 2nd Focus as a project car. I think you should buy a wagon for your toy...more of a sleeper than the rest...lol...

2.3 In the ST is peppy...will outrun an SVTF from the hole shot I think...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
ZED_not_zee,Mar 20 2007, 04:49 AM Wrote:

actually there's a few the MTX 75 can be found in the countour cougar and jaguar Xtype... it's been around for a while...

the neat thing about the X type is there's a diff coming off it for the AWD :ph34r:

[right][snapback]231225[/snapback][/right]

actually believe the MTX75 has 3 different bell housings one for the Zetec, one for the I4 Duratec, and another for the V6 Duratec. Could even be one for the DuraTorq engine.

but saying that, I'd want the DuraTorq engine in a Focus supposed to be more responsive to mods than VW TDI engine.

'03 Focus SVT
It is, but it wouldn't survive our craptacular diesel we have over here.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 25 2007, 02:00 PM Wrote:It is, but it wouldn't survive our craptacular diesel we have over here.
[right][snapback]231871[/snapback][/right]

that is true, NA standard are 15ppm where European standards are under 5ppm of sulfur in the fuel. and apparently we just upgraded our standards for diesel fuel to 10ppm of sulfur for 2010 or something like that.

I really would like a diesel powered car but what is there, a VW TDI or Smart Car, I say no to either one of them.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Mar 25 2007, 02:03 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 25 2007, 02:00 PM Wrote:It is, but it wouldn't survive our craptacular diesel we have over here.

that is true, NA standard are 15ppm where European standards are under 5ppm of sulfur in the fuel. and apparently we just upgraded our standards for diesel fuel to 10ppm of sulfur for 2010 or something like that.

I really would like a diesel powered car but what is there, a VW TDI or Smart Car, I say no to either one of them.
[right][snapback]231896[/snapback][/right]

I'd totally rock a Smart Car.. Or at the chance .. a smart roadster.. Or seeing as how everyone is lotto forecasting.. a brabus smart roadster :P.. They're sweeetttt..

But whats the benefit of diesel to you guys..?
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
ex1z7,Mar 25 2007, 03:52 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Mar 25 2007, 02:03 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]231896[/snapback][/right]

I'd totally rock a Smart Car.. Or at the chance .. a smart roadster.. Or seeing as how everyone is lotto forecasting.. a brabus smart roadster :P.. They're sweeetttt..

But whats the benefit of diesel to you guys..?
[right][snapback]231899[/snapback][/right]
Benefit of diesel is fuel mileage. I drive a minimum of 100 kms per day, not tax deductible.Of course, the diesel would have to be something that'll move pretty quick.
K&N Filter.....
i'd just really like a diesel focus, i've driven both the Smart and Jetta TDI and didn't like either of them. I would consider the Smart Roadster but it could be a gas if it comes over here.

the key to any quick car is having the right gearing to go with that engine.
'03 Focus SVT