Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Baby Wrecked My Baby
How bad is the damage?
ANTHONYD,Nov 30 2004, 12:47 PM Wrote:How bad is the damage?
[right][snapback]72191[/snapback][/right]

Just went down to the dealer this morning. Upon visual inspection, the quote is sitting at 5500 in body damage and repair. They haven't done an alignment or anything mechanical yet, so my fingers are crossed. Had to replace basically everything in the front end body wise... bumber and inserts, headlights, fog lights, repair the hood and RF fender, replace rad & fix mounts, replace A/C, repair the rear bumper (we'll see, I think it needs replacing) and a shite load of little misc plastic pieces etc... so the damage was significant. The next part tho is the scary stuff... mechanical. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the support guys.

Carey
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
:blink: 5500$ in body only so far.... damn bro, its worst than first guessed hey. remember how on friday we were thinking 5k total. :(
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Probably more than $700 of that is headlights and we all know how cheap they are to get around here.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Sucks, maybe you can get some european appearance lights as replacements? ;)
I know you got the car at oakridge ford Carey, and if you are dealing now with Oakridge collision, talk to Terry. He did my claim on my Focus and this could be a *slight* upside to all this... Aftermarket replacement! I know Terry doesn't mind working around things like this!
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Nov 30 2004, 09:08 PM Wrote:I know you got the car at oakridge ford Carey, and if you are dealing now with Oakridge collision, talk to Terry. He did my claim on my Focus and this could be a *slight* upside to all this... Aftermarket replacement! I know Terry doesn't mind working around things like this!
[right][snapback]72250[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I'm dealing with Terry, he's an old friend of my father's ;) As far as getting aftermarket stuff... not too interested. I like the stock SVT body. The only thing I intend to change is the front lip. I would consider Euro headlights I guess but I can't imagine the insurance company letting that thru.

Our headlights are just over 300/ea plus instal and aim charges. It adds up fast. Rad = 600+... brutal price.

Anyway, we'll wait and see what else needs to be done.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Dec 1 2004, 01:49 PM Wrote:
ZOOM,Nov 30 2004, 09:08 PM Wrote:I know you got the car at oakridge ford Carey, and if you are dealing now with Oakridge collision, talk to Terry. He did my claim on my Focus and this could be a *slight* upside to all this... Aftermarket replacement! I know Terry doesn't mind working around things like this!
[right][snapback]72250[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I'm dealing with Terry, he's an old friend of my father's ;) As far as getting aftermarket stuff... not too interested. I like the stock SVT body. The only thing I intend to change is the front lip. I would consider Euro headlights I guess but I can't imagine the insurance company letting that thru.

Our headlights are just over 300/ea plus instal and aim charges. It adds up fast. Rad = 600+... brutal price.

Anyway, we'll wait and see what else needs to be done.
[right][snapback]72310[/snapback][/right]

I'll sell you my stock headlights for less than 300 if you'd like ... PM me a good price point for ya if you're interested

the headlights never made it off the dealer lot on the car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

BrooksZX3,Dec 1 2004, 01:49 PM Wrote:............. I would consider Euro headlights I guess but I can't imagine the insurance company letting that thru.

Believe it our not they would have no problem with it, it is called "betterment". They pay the cost of stock lights and you just make up the difference.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Holy crap that's a lot of damage.

do you think the car is going to be alright after it's fixed?

Wow.

Who'd have thunk a ditch could do that amount of snap crackle pop??? :angry:
That's crazy man, real sorry to hear about that. At least the car did the job it was supposed to do - protect the g/f.

If you need a line on any parts from up this way, drop me a PM.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
2001 ZTS,Dec 2 2004, 01:10 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Dec 1 2004, 01:49 PM Wrote:............. I would consider Euro headlights I guess but I can't imagine the insurance company letting that thru.

Believe it our not they would have no problem with it, it is called "betterment". They pay the cost of stock lights and you just make up the difference.
[right][snapback]72454[/snapback][/right]

Yep, that's what I did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Baby Broke ZX3 in progress 9 2,498 08-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Last Post: naz