Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Colour Matched Door Handles
Does anyone know where i can buy the body color matched door handles for the 00-04 focus sedan?

I heard the mazda tribute 04 fits perfectly. But i see a lot of svts have body colored matched door handles. Will those fit on the sedan ?

I'm looking for it in cd silver.

Also, same goes for the side mirrors - looking for them in cd silver to replace my stock "black" side view mirrors.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
you need a mazda vin number to buy parts from them
your best bet is to just go to ford for the svt ones

i think these are the part #'s

Replace the XXX with the 3 letter SVT color number:
CD Silver - BHB
Comp Orange - BHL
Black - BAJ
Sonic Blue - BHX
Infra Red - BHD

outside handle 2T2Z-7822404-XXX

bezel keyhole YL8Z-78218A14-XXX

Bezel no keyhole YL8Z-7821B08-XXX
AFAIK the body coloured mirrors are in fact a skull cap that is paintable - would probably be a lot less expensive and easier than replacing the whole mirror assembly. I could use a pair myself ...

cornflakes,Sep 28 2007, 01:37 AM Wrote:Also, same goes for the side mirrors - looking for them in cd silver to replace my stock "black" side view mirrors.
[right][snapback]249713[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
sorry, what does AFAIK mean?

So you are saying that i can just paint my current stock black side mirrors myself?
Do you know where i can get the paint job done at? Or what i need to do it myself?

castone,Sep 28 2007, 03:01 PM Wrote:you need a mazda vin number to buy parts from them

CD Silver - BHB
Comp Orange - BHL
Black - BAJ
Sonic Blue - BHX
Infra Red - BHD

[right][snapback]249774[/snapback][/right]

sorry u got me confused here: so exactly what do i need to order and how many of each?

outside handle (i'm assuming is the 2 rear door handles with no key holes) - order 2

bezel keyhole (is this the driver's door handle?) - order 1?

bezel no keyhole (what is this? the passenger side handle?) - order 1?

grand total: 4 handles (for the sedan).

did i get this correct?
AFAIK = As Far As I Know ... not exaclty ... you buy two little pieces that fit the outside of the mirrors - they look like skull caps - you might be able to buy them painted or perhaps black paintable.

cornflakes,Sep 28 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:sorry, what does AFAIK mean?

So you are saying that i can just paint my current stock black side mirrors myself?
Do you know where i can get the paint job done at? Or what i need to do it myself?
[right][snapback]249794[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
cornflakes,Sep 29 2007, 02:28 AM Wrote:
castone,Sep 28 2007, 03:01 PM Wrote:you need a mazda vin number to buy parts from them

CD Silver - BHB
Comp Orange - BHL
Black - BAJ
Sonic Blue - BHX
Infra Red - BHD

[right][snapback]249774[/snapback][/right]

sorry u got me confused here: so exactly what do i need to order and how many of each?

outside handle (i'm assuming is the 2 rear door handles with no key holes) - order 2

bezel keyhole (is this the driver's door handle?) - order 1?

bezel no keyhole (what is this? the passenger side handle?) - order 1?

grand total: 4 handles (for the sedan).

did i get this correct?
[right][snapback]249795[/snapback][/right]

Youll need to buy 4 handles
3 non key hole bezels
and 1 bezel with a key hole
everything is sold seperate
so theyll be 8 pieces in total
your best bet is probably just finding a focus in a scrap yard and sanding and painting all the pieces yourself
because itll be alomost $100 a door from ford
ok called ford, and they said they no longer make or sell SVT door handles.

So i'll probably go with MAZDA.

It's about $90 a door handle, comes pre-painted (2 parts per door handle: the actual handle and the traingular piece).

cornflakes,Sep 29 2007, 12:07 PM Wrote:ok called ford, and they said they no longer make or sell SVT door handles.

[right][snapback]249821[/snapback][/right]

As far as I know, Auto Mfg's are required by law to make parts available for at least 10 years for each model year.
well he said i can't buy em. So i went to Mazda and i bought the 4 door handles for the Tribute (01-04) even though i didn't even own a Mazda car. They just came in so i'm picking them up.

Why is service so much better at all the japanese companies? (toyota, mazda, etc). I found their service and voices to be very happy and pleasant and ready to help but whenever I call FORD everyone sounds angry and unhappy.

What gives?

Anyways.....is it easy to install the door handles myself or do i need a technician to do it?
Coz dood, your in North York...where imports are King, and Domestics are looked down on. If you go to a Domestic dealership in a small town (Like Pembroke/Petawawa for example), they will get to know you on a first-name basis, as well as be happy to see you (coz you COULD have gone down the street to Toyota or Honda and bought a car), and often go out of their way to give you deals on stuff. I know I get deals from some Ford and Lincoln dealers in smaller places.

Besides, a custom Focus is always more interesting than a Civic, Corolla, Yaris, etc...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus Door Handles cornflakes 3 1,275 10-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Door Handles oldeguy 16 4,609 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Last Post: cornflakes
  Anyone Painted There Door Handles? castone 8 2,435 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Last Post: castone
  Painting Door Handles Mach5 10 2,500 10-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Zoom