Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painted And Mounted
Hey got the new spoiler mounted today. Black case tail lights next.

[Image: 05-31-07_1759.jpg]

[Image: 05-31-07_1536.jpg]

[Image: 05-31-07_1758.jpg]

[Image: 05-31-07_1535.jpg]

[Image: 05-31-07_1352.jpg]
2000 ZX3
Hmmm.. did you tell them your car was yellow? I think somebody might have made a mistake..:P
What mid wing is that ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Looks like the Wings West or replica of that design.

How did you end up getting it mounted? Did they just use the tape for the whole thing? The big piece of mine was bolted on and the sides had some extra glue on them since the tape started letting go a little bit.
it looks kinda big
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
the wing is aiiight....needs more bright black on other body parts though...

but i really thought u've learned the fart can deal from previous car :lol:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Hrm, well, it's certainly memorable looking... The Ford Bumblebee anyone? :lol:

NefCanuck
Nicely installed...but...Not sure If I would of went black on yellow..but, your car your move.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
NikiterZTS,May 31 2007, 06:41 PM Wrote:but i really thought u've learned the fart can deal from previous car  :lol:
[right][snapback]240078[/snapback][/right]

Some people just never learn. :lol:

Personally i don't mind the wing when they're body coloured but painted black as it is, just doesn't work for me. But if you're happy with it thats all that matters.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

if you went with black it should have been flat black like your stock body kit from Ford, and door handels, and body moldings, and black plate light strip. that way it would not stick out so much as it dose.

as for tails don't tint them too dark or you'll be getting a ticket or worse yet, rear ended at night because the car behind you couldn't tell if you were braking or not.

and for pure looks & nice sounds, loose the fat can, you own a Focus, not a Civic.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,May 31 2007, 09:41 PM Wrote:if you went with black it should have been flat black like your stock body kit from Ford, and door handels, and body moldings, and black plate light strip. that way it would not stick out so much as it dose.

as for tails don't tint them too dark or you'll be getting a ticket or worse yet, rear ended at night because the car behind you couldn't tell if you were braking or not.

and for pure looks & nice sounds, loose the fat can, you own a Focus, not a Civic.
[right][snapback]240093[/snapback][/right]

I like it. As for the lights im not gonna tint them. Gonna get Black Aftermarket ones.

Fartcan goes when I have the extra cash for a proper exhaust system.
2000 ZX3
unibrow.

Hmmm.. Have it painted Mason..seriously. It looks like one of those hacked up civics we all make fun of.
Just being honest bro.

If you dig it...then by all means!
The problem was as the guy explained before it was painted is because the finish on the plastic is different the color will look different.
Its there now. Im not changing it lol.
Gonna get those black tailights on to even it out and im gonna shine up the stock body kit on there.
2000 ZX3
Nice wing, wrong color.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Mason,Jun 1 2007, 07:07 AM Wrote:The problem was as the guy explained before it was painted is because the finish on the plastic is different the color will look different.
Its there now. Im not changing it lol.
Gonna get those black tailights on to even it out and im gonna shine up the stock body kit on there.
[right][snapback]240126[/snapback][/right]

I just had my rear bumper replaced and hatch re-sprayed and everything looks the same to me. All the colours are in line and nothing looks off. BTW, I drive a yellow ZX3.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
You painter is a lazy f*** who just sold you what he had in the shop.

I've never heard of plastic parts looking different after being painted :(

I think he played you bro.
Plastic parts look "off" due to them adding flex agent. It would still match. Sort of a mute point now tho....its already painted and mounted....

I like those rear wings, the original WW one was best in my opinion.
Looks alright. If it was my car, and again, it isn't, I would have painted it the same colour as the body. Maybe a horizontal stripe of some sort would help it out. Your missing something though, your Focuscanada decals
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Its not a big deal. At some point im gonna get a kit and the whole car will likly get painted. :P
In the big picture its not that big a set back.
In the time being I still like it.

Tail lights come next week :lol:
[Image: TL-FOCS-0003-35D-G5BK-K.jpg]
2000 ZX3
Yo Mason...those lights are dope.

I like those.!!!