Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Accident Today
well the wierdesyt thing happened today. I was driving to pick the wife up from work.....doing about 50 km/hr when all of a sudden I hear a clunking noise and whammo, the rim flew off my car and I was driving on the rotor. when the car came to a stop, I checked it out and surprisingly, not too much damage. I need to get a fender and had to get new studs and nuts.....other than that, it came out pretty good....lol
lol quite interesting.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
your probably gonna need a rim aswell .. the bolt holes are probably twice the size they were before
Below Average Car Club
All your studs snapped????
Who installed thed rims, you or a company?
2000 ZX3
man that sucks , that almost happend to my sister she calls me and ask me to check her car cuz it was making noises , I messed around with a few things to see where th noise was coming from !
I took the wheel lug nut cover off and only one bolt was tight the rest I took off with my hands .
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Good thing no one was hurt but yeah did someone change a tire recently? Because that's the only thing I can see that would account for a wheel deciding to go its own way, bolts not tightened to spec.

NefCanuck
:blink: yeah...give more details. Thats scary.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I once has someone try to steal my rims on one of my other cars -- but they couldn't get the wheel lock off. Drove 1/4 of a block on just the lock before I heard the rim squeeking and stopped to check.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
yeah , if I get rims there will be 4 locking nuts , and one of the four will be of a different set , steal my rims now lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Jul 11 2007, 10:56 AM Wrote:yeah , if I get rims there will be 4 locking nuts , and one of the four will be of a different set , steal my rims now lol
[right][snapback]243726[/snapback][/right]
4 locks is not a good idea. Especially when you're stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire and a broken key.

Locks only deter the amateur thief.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
/\/\/\ Agreed
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Thats why you carry more than one lock
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Jul 11 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Thats why you carry more than one lock
[right][snapback]243731[/snapback][/right]

These keys are usualy in the car, so what stopping them of getting in the car and getting the key!?!
One keyed nut per wheel should be enough. If they realy want the wheels, they'll get 'em no matter what.

my .02$
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
zx5power,Jul 11 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Thats why you carry more than one lock
[right][snapback]243731[/snapback][/right]

You dont need a lock to take them off. ;)

Like its been mentioned, they will only stop an amateur thief.
Mason,Jul 11 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:All your studs snapped????
[right][snapback]243691[/snapback][/right]

A shop did it and they already took responsibility for it... They were over tightened. When the studs broke off, the nuts were still on them.....I found three of them on the side of the road.....I still cant believe that the rotor was okay....
i'm glad you are ok. that could have turned out really nasty
redZX3,Jul 12 2007, 07:54 PM Wrote:
Mason,Jul 11 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:All your studs snapped????
[right][snapback]243691[/snapback][/right]

A shop did it and they already took responsibility for it... They were over tightened. When the studs broke off, the nuts were still on them.....I found three of them on the side of the road.....I still cant believe that the rotor was okay....
[right][snapback]243864[/snapback][/right]

was it Hector's shop ? :lol: :lol:

im glad ur alright buddy
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
No it wasnt H's shop.....It could have been worse....the night before I was on the 401, had to drive to the east side of Toronto and back again....I am sooooo glad it didnt happen there
Wow, that's crazy... they must have massively overtightened them!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 13 2007, 07:46 AM Wrote:Wow, that's crazy... they must have massively overtightened them!
[right][snapback]243882[/snapback][/right]
Thats what happens when you have some 16 year old brat using the impact on the highest setting putting your bolts back on. :rolleyes:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Got Into A Minor Accident Today MAlby7 25 7,903 07-07-2005, 06:03 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me