Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You Spot Darkpuppet In This Pic?
talk about having a great time this weekend...

[Image: white_water_trip.jpg]

yes, I'm in this pic.. and believe it or not, I was the only one left in the boat after it tipped... Things they don't cover in the 'safety briefing' -- what do do when you lose your guide and eveyone else in the raft
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Dude I admire your courage in tackling that...

Though I must seriously question your lack of sanity in doing it :lol:

NefCanuck
I have to question the sanity of the quebecois guides ... they're crazy...

Looks like great fun.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Looks like it was tons of fun. What do you do when your the last person in the raft? Enjoy the rest of the ride peacefully or panic uncontrolably?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 16 2007, 10:33 PM Wrote:Looks like it was tons of fun.  What do you do when your the last person in the raft?  Enjoy the rest of the ride peacefully or panic uncontrolably?
[right][snapback]244153[/snapback][/right]

Apparently, you keep the boat by the shore until the guide can get back and help you paddle back to pick up the other lost souls.

And then you're marked to be the 1st one out of the boat on the second pass...

I'll be honest.. I was nervous the 1st time out, but it's not so bad.. actually, it's not scary at all when you're in the boat.. you get splashed, you get wet, it's like a day at wonderland. However, if (and when) you fall out.... then you realize just how violent that water is... and then you're scared the rest of the ride...

And if the guide doesn't come back?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I love whitewater rafting! Man is it ever a rush (and one hell of a workout). We used to go down to Ohiopyle State Park when I lived in Pennsylvania.

I definately want to go do it again sometime.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
You're a braver man than I... I have no taste for rafting like that.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
so where is this place?
maybe how much?

cuz im up for trying one of this :)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Jul 17 2007, 10:02 AM Wrote:so where is this place?
maybe how much?

cuz im up for trying one of this :)
[right][snapback]244181[/snapback][/right]

This was at New World.. somewhere north of Ottawa, just 15-20 minutes across the border in Quebec (if that)...

It cost me $175 for this trip.. that included motorcoach transportation there and back, meals, 2 runs on sat, and 1 on sun..

I see Steve, he's the one in the back wearing the baseball hat, holding his nose.

Looks like fun, I'm sure I'll do it someday.
j3rt,Jul 17 2007, 11:03 AM Wrote:I see Steve, he's the one in the back wearing the baseball hat, holding his nose.

Looks like fun, I'm sure I'll do it someday.
[right][snapback]244188[/snapback][/right]

i thought he's the first one on the left :ph34r:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Looks like you had fun.
There are a few of those white water adventure groups around here.
Here is one that is near my neck of the woods:

hxxp://www.espritrafting.com/

The Ottawa river has alot of potential when it comes to white water rafting.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Hey Steve...
I think I can accuse you of gunnel grabbing :)

Did you have fun in the washing machine?? That`s my favorite rapid.
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
ZX5chica,Jul 17 2007, 01:06 PM Wrote:Hey Steve...
I think I can accuse you of gunnel grabbing :)

Did you have fun in the washing machine?? That`s my favorite rapid.
[right][snapback]244196[/snapback][/right]

you can accuse me of grabbing everything to keep from falling out of the boat if you'd like.... because, really, it worked. I had actually thought I pushed the girl sitting across from me out, so there's a bit of pride in knowing I grabbed the rope first at least...

it's hard to tell the angle of the boat in that pic, but it's about 30-45 degrees..

and yes, we had fun in the washing machine.. granted, we didn't spill there, but when I get the video, there's some clips of people getting getting tossed really good!

lol, I've been to the same place with Mcdonalds! :lol:

I have a picture with the guide smiling evlily into the camera, and me completely upside down falling out of the raft...all you see is my hairy legs and 1/2 my lifejacket, rest is in the water.

The guides are phsychos...but its a lot of fun in a fawkin OMG im gonna die way. :lol:

I fell out twice...the 1st time I was slammed against a rock, and the current was pushing me against it..couldnt move, water rushing on my face, was hard to get my breath...a kiaker (sp) pulled me out with a rope...was nuts....fun, but nuts!

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I went to Nouveau Monde a few years ago with Keg Staff. On one rapid, one of the girls lost control of her paddle, and it slingshotted out of her hand, into the face of a co-worker. He had to have his eye-lid emergency stitched together on the side of the river by the guide.

Oh the memories... I remember one chick getting pinned under the raft for about 45 secs. We had enough time to flip the raft back over when we bailed, all get back in, do a head count, do a re-count and then freak out when we realized we were missing someone before she popped up 10 feet downstream.
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
yeah... the paddles are the major source of injuries.. even in our boat.

Funny part was, two girls behind me fell in after we bumped a hidden rock.. turn around to haul them in, and there's 4 paddles in the water. Some folks just couldn't hold on to their paddles.

and we hauled ass to get those girls back in because we were in the rock garden at the end of the 7 sisters run, and it looke like one was about to get pinned between the boat and the rocks...

But man.. was it fun... I'm sure they'll run the same trip again next year, so I'll probably have to sign up for it again... not sure how long I can keep reminiscing about this one trip before needing a refill!

We had a few injuries... mostly bruises, one sprained ankle, and one of the guides tore his ACL sunday morning.. The sport definitely has it's dangers.. but it's so worth it!

woah!..........I'll stick to street racing. :ph34r:
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.