Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got The New Car!
And goddamn that was the scariest ride of my life!

Stalled sooo many times. Probably made 20 enemies on the way home. I feel like I'm going to blow chunks.

[Image: Newcar.jpg]

Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Congrats on the new ride, keep practising.
Lookin good!

Doesn't take long to get the hang of driving stick.

Go practice on side streets and empty parking lots. When you're feeling adventurous, stop on some small hills and practice on those.

Ya know, like those hairpins we drove up on Saturday. :)
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Yeah driving it back in 5:00pm traffic with the crappy construction in North Bay didn't help my nerves. Feeling a little better now and going back out.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Congrats! Just taker easy on the clutch... it's brand new remember... :)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Go find an empty parking lot.

Just practice the getting going part over and over again. Get used to the feel of the clutch grab point. Just get going and then stop (clutch in and brake) and then start over again.

If you feel it beginning to stall, clutch in quickly. Remember it is always slowly out and quickly in with the clutch pedal.

A lot of practice in these area first and most of your stalls will disappear.

Next practice smooth gear changes...

Within a week it should become second nature.

Good luck! :)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Looking Good!!

When does the modding begin?!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
looks sexy ... Same as mine btw :D mine isnt stick tho .
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
congrats
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Test drive part deux went well. Stalled only twice this time. Getting used to the clutch a little more now.

Today, learn to drive.

Tomorrow, burnouts. :)

As for modding, gonna probably wait till the spring.

Congrats, have fun playing with the shifter (In a safe environment natch)

NefCanuck
Sweet man. I remember learning to drive the stick. After the frist week it was fun all the way!!!
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
congrats man! looks great
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
Black ... 5 speed ... nice rims ... 4 doors ... except for not being a wagon, it's perfect. Congrats.

A $200 investment in tint would be money well spent
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Thanks Guys. I'm actually having a lot more fun. Put 100ks on it tonight alone! Its smells like burnt clutch ATM.

I've been droning around town in mostly 3rd gear at 60km/h. That too low for 3rd?

This is gonna be one hell of a fun summer!

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 14 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:Thanks Guys.  I'm actually having a lot more fun.  Put 100ks on it tonight alone!  Its smells like burnt clutch ATM.

I've been droning around town in mostly 3rd gear at 60km/h.  That too low for 3rd?

[right][snapback]246720[/snapback][/right]

oh you lucky bastard! i'm still seeing if i can get my red 07 zx4 (se or st) :S
Be the change you want to see in this world.
I learned to drive standard by going back in forth in my yard for about 10 min then just going and hoping lol .youll get a hang of it and never want to go back !

only reason I did was girlfriend didnt wanna learn she might drive once a year should have bought 5 speed!
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Wouldn't be a bad idea to take a professional lesson on driving stick. I've been in cars where the drivers have been using manual for years and they still don't get it. The smell of burning clutch is not a good thing, at least not in your case.
BTW nice car! Congrats.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 14 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:Thanks Guys.  I'm actually having a lot more fun.  Put 100ks on it tonight alone!  Its smells like burnt clutch ATM.

I've been droning around town in mostly 3rd gear at 60km/h.  That too low for 3rd?

[right][snapback]246720[/snapback][/right]

If you going for a long stretch at 60km/h, 4th gear would be a better option for better mileage and less drone. Ideally you want to be in the highest gear possible without lugging the engine (above 1800rpm) if you want the best mileage.

However, for spirited driving, drop down to 2nd gear at 60km/h for a quick burst of acceleration but then quickly upshift. You don't want to be buzzing around at 5000rpm when cruising around town.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I learned to drive stick one night because my buddy who drove us to the club got too hammered to drive us home! :lol:

I had it down pat in about 20 min.