Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Im Gonna Get An Intake
Thinking either the focussport cai or the steeda short ram ... which do you guys think I should get ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
anyone selling any ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Well I think the intake is the best bang for the buck. You get a couple extra hp from a CAI then you would with a SRI, that being said I was told you need to take off the cai in the winter so it doesn't freeze up were as a SRI is very maintenance friendly. I bought the Steeda SRI last summer and it does have a noticeable power gain, especially in the 4000-6000 rpm range. I think the sound alone on the Steeda is worth every penny. :D

my .02
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Get the best of both worlds.. Get a volant intake.. Its a cold air intake yet it does require you to move the filter behind the front fascia.....

Get the Volant with an SVT snorkel.. then run a secondary 3" pipe from the secondary inlet behind the headlight or to your lower grill either or...

Professional Certified Nut Case...
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectc...rt_1/index.html

take a look near the bottom of that SCC article.. they posted a dyno of stock zx3 versus AEM intake

seems like the max power gain is 5hp, and there are losses in the low and mid range

the most noticeable gain is probably noise....
Thats the zetec engine. The Duratec is a different story, the stock air filter assembly is a mess. ZX5power is has the duratec engine, so it would be noticable when used with your exhaust. Check out focusport webpage and the dyno report shows all.

naz,Jan 5 2008, 06:59 PM Wrote:http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectc...rt_1/index.html

take a look near the bottom of that SCC article.. they posted a dyno of stock zx3 versus AEM intake

seems like the max power gain is 5hp, and there are losses in the low and mid range

the most noticeable gain is probably noise....
[right][snapback]255651[/snapback][/right]
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I haven't taken my CAI off.... works like a charm, sounds like a devil vacuum :D

Go nuts.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 5 2008, 07:51 PM Wrote:I haven't taken my CAI off.... works like a charm, sounds like a devil vacuum :D

Go nuts.
[right][snapback]255658[/snapback][/right]

Well thats good to know, has the filter had any frost or snow build up? Maybe there is better placement on the Duratec CAI Vs the Zetec CAI?
i have had the steeda cai on my 05 for 2 winters and nvr had any problems
E.O MASIV
Run the Steeda SRI all year round on my '05, no issues and pulls like a mofo once you get going (The exhaust & reprogramming help with the low end losses)

NefCanuck
Canadian ST,Jan 5 2008, 07:34 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 5 2008, 07:51 PM Wrote:I haven't taken my CAI off.... works like a charm, sounds like a devil vacuum :D

Go nuts.
[right][snapback]255658[/snapback][/right]

Well thats good to know, has the filter had any frost or snow build up? Maybe there is better placement on the Duratec CAI Vs the Zetec CAI?
[right][snapback]255659[/snapback][/right]

Yeah Nathan, the filter placement is almost completely obscured from front/below elemental factors. Frost buildup? No idea, haven't stuck my head under there yet. It's warming up, so I'll inspect it tomorrow for you :P

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
if you do get a CAI get a bypass valve prevents your motor from becoming a wet vac...
Professional Certified Nut Case...
if I do get a cai it will be focussport like nos2go ,,,, but im still uncertain that steeda looks nice under the hood .... gotta get my springs on to ... busy winter , car is getting mods ,got a new job , bought a kia sorento ... lol

Hint hint ... mods now , ontario summer ... let me know guys when its planned out ... :D
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
i think the steeda intake looks nice under the hood, i have one. =)
[Image: Picture1496Medium.jpg]
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
anybody got any shots of the entire engine bay ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Ask and ye shall receive ('05 with the Steeda SRI)

[Image: DSC00134.jpg]

NefCanuck

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/log...nt=DSC_0241.jpg

Still looking for better shots. :)

thanks alot nef thats a great shot might get me buyign the steeda it just looks so sexy lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Jan 8 2008, 04:46 PM Wrote:thanks alot nef thats a great shot might get me buyign the steeda it just looks so sexy lol
[right][snapback]255796[/snapback][/right]

Yep, really fits in with the aluminum look I have going on the inside of the car as well :D

NefCanuck
how did it react with the sct tune ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99