Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mustang
Knight Rider rides again tonight for you Mustang lovers :P :P
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Feb 17 2008, 05:04 PM Wrote:Knight Rider rides again tonight for you Mustang lovers :P  :P
[right][snapback]258239[/snapback][/right]

Thank god I have tomorrow off and I can watch the west coast NBC feed... ain't know way I'm watching the signal substituted eastern Global TV version... they screw up both the sound & audio <_<

NefCanuck
when they played the intro music, I instantly went back to the orignal kight rider days. B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I say it was pretty good.

Couple of flaws tho:

#1 Double spoiler wing... C'mon thats just retarded.

#2 Needs more Hoff.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
No more Hoff... PLEASE!!! He was ok in the 80's, but since BayWatch... anyhooo...
I was a tad disapointed... especially with that chase scene on the curvy, cliff side road!
They should have put a bit more in that scene, especially beeing a pilot movie.
I do hope it become a series soon. There is alot of potential in this genre of tv show.

I was also sad to see that the contest was only open to US residents!!!
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
8/10 as coming from a Knight Rider fanboy back in the day (have all four seasons on DVD)

Only things I had to cringe at was how *simple* it was to take KITT down. I mean c'mon KITT was hacked in almost no time at all.

That and seeing Hasslehoff... *yipes* Father Time has come to collect... with interest...

NefCanuck
I missed it :( ..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Love the KITT mode, hate the "camoflage" mode.

Otherwise, not bad!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I thought it was pretty good, and interesting that they are giving Knight Rider a sexual side...

case 1 - Mike Traceur in bed with not 1 hottie, but 2 hotties...

case 2 - FBI agent Rivai (played by Sydney Poitier's daughter, Sydney Tamiia Poitier) coming back into her beach side house and there is a hot blonde in her bed, that she just had a one night fling with...

I don't exactly remember that from the original series... :D

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
I think the episode/movie is being rebroadcast next saturday as I see a 2 hour window in my PVR guide for it.

pvr set to 'record'

darkpuppet,Feb 19 2008, 01:34 PM Wrote:I think the episode/movie is being rebroadcast next saturday as I see a 2 hour window in my PVR guide for it.

pvr set to 'record'
[right][snapback]258338[/snapback][/right]

Just pray that Global isn't simsubbing that showing too... or wait until the west coast feed (From what I heard on another board Global did their usual stellar simsubbing job on the HD feed mangling the audio & video)

NefCanuck
Overall I though it was pretty good for a made for TV movie. Everything made sence and fell into place with the original episodes. One thing i didn't like was there was no Turbo Boost, ski mode, oil slick or seat eject in the old episodes they use to have at least one turbo boost jump.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Don't forget this was a pilot episode, so plenty of time to intro new "abilities" if this gets picked up for a series (What? The nanobot repair and camoflague abilities weren't enough? The original KITT would have died & gone to car heaven to have those tricks :D)

NefCanuck
The original KITT was indestructible with a super secret polymer skin -- didn't need no nano-repair...

and KITT could camoflauge himself by posing as a transam..

darkpuppet,Feb 19 2008, 03:33 PM Wrote:The original KITT was indestructible with a super secret polymer skin -- didn't need no nano-repair...

and KITT could camoflauge himself by posing as a transam..
[right][snapback]258371[/snapback][/right]

Ah yes, the mythical "Molecular Bonded Shell" true though that was eventually defeated at least once, in the fourth season opener "Risde of the Juggernaut"

I don't count the poundings by Goliath the semi not the same because the shell was never broken, it just had more force applied to it with a similar molecular bonded shell.

:lol: ...that's pretty crappy camo, in fact Pontiac dealers petitioned GM after the first season to get the show to drop any mention of "Pontiac or Trans Am" because of the flood of people looking for a car "Just like KITT"

NefCanuck
Wasn't too bad, wasn't too enthused with Val Kilmer voicing the new KITT
Dimitri,Feb 19 2008, 05:56 PM Wrote:Wasn't too bad, wasn't too enthused with Val Kilmer voicing the new KITT
[right][snapback]258384[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, I liked him better than the first voice (Wil Arnett IIRC) that voice made me wanna gouge out my ears with an icepick <_<

NefCanuck
I like how the Trans Am was in the garage at the beginning. Just sitting there.

Hated KITTs voice. Hated the double spoiler/riced out Mustang.

Why does it feel like the new KITT is less sophisticated than the old? I thought the old KITT was bullet proof regardless of whether the computer was working or not...

And the only reason I figure KITT was hacked so easily was he wasn't finished, or computing power nowadays is huge.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
ok a bit late on this..

i thought kitt looked way cool. but double spoiler was all the way ghey.

anyone else notice that the entire ford product line was on the mountain/curvy spot? I about puked. looked like the auto show (if you haven't gone, its REALLY good, btw.. ford interceptor will make your pants tight).

and how did the edge manage to keep up with not only a mustang, but a shelby mustang? that was pretty sad.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Gotta love creative camera work eh bud?

I hate these "feel good" TV series, cause everything gets dumbed down in order to tell the story. :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.