Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vf Supercharger Install Update**********
Hey guys sorry about the link! I re-did it for you fine gentleman to see.

So I have had this kit installed for a week now. The install I did myself and it went pretty well although I did have a couple of problems that were fixed fairly easily. And it looks and sounds amazing how ever I am running to rich and need to put it on a wideband to adjust the air/fuel so the actual running of the kit in lower rpms (1000 2500) I get some lag/hesitation.
Kit opened!
[Image: DSC00836.jpg]
Here was one problem. Oil feed fitting that was provided was to small.
[Image: DSC00847.jpg]
And here we have oil feed and oil return fittings in place. I was scared about drilling and tapping the oil skirt but it went smoothly. :D
[Image: DSC00848.jpg]
Here are the coolant and power steering reservoirs relocated as well as the modified coolant and power steering lines.
[Image: DSC00843.jpg]
VF engine mount in place.
[Image: DSC00844.jpg]
Side view or the engine bay.
[Image: DSC00845.jpg]
Kit fully installed.
[Image: DSC00850.jpg]
[Image: DSC00851.jpg]
You guys will laugh at this. Because I don't have a laptop with XP I had to haul my tower and heavy ass monitor down the apartment stairs to REV datalogs for Randy.
This is how you datalog! :lol:
[Image: DSC00849.jpg]
So as you can see the the kit install is easy and straight forward but if any of you plan on doing this kit know that it is not meant for a zetec without A/C. I had to find a smaller belt.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
SmokeBCBuDZ,Apr 11 2008, 09:11 PM Wrote:Hey guys I just installed my supercharger heres a link to my post on zx3tuning to view my pics and entries. VF Supercharge Kit Install
[right][snapback]261843[/snapback][/right]

Do you have another link that doesn't require us to be registered? Thanks.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Apr 12 2008, 01:43 AM Wrote:
SmokeBCBuDZ,Apr 11 2008, 09:11 PM Wrote:Hey guys I just installed my supercharger heres a link to my post on zx3tuning to view my pics and entries. VF Supercharge Kit Install

Do you have another link that doesn't require us to be registered? Thanks.
[right][snapback]261844[/snapback][/right]

I'll work it out sorry.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
I can't even register :angry:
hardk0re,Apr 12 2008, 01:01 PM Wrote:I can't even register  :angry:
[right][snapback]261854[/snapback][/right]

same
2003 Zx3 French Blue
Is it suggested that this kit be run with an intercooler?
Looks like a nice kit, and I'm looking at different boosting options (as seen in my thread).

For the oil skirt, did you have to drill a new hole, or is it using an existing hole?
Are the instructions available online?

Sorry for so many questions.
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
How long did it take for the install, and did you need any special tools?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
paulicat,Apr 12 2008, 07:33 PM Wrote:Is it suggested that this kit be run with an intercooler?
Looks like a nice kit, and I'm looking at different boosting options (as seen in my thread).

For the oil skirt, did you have to drill a new hole, or is it using an existing hole?
Are the instructions available online?

Sorry for so many questions.
[right][snapback]261867[/snapback][/right]

You can mod it so it runs with an intercooler the kit itself isn't meant to be run with an intercooler or NOS. You can however mod it so it can run with an intercooler I am just not sure how.

Yes you have to drill and tap a hole in the oil skirt to install the oil return fitting. The kit comes with both the drill bit and tap. And to do the drilling you have to remove the passenger side drive shaft and half shaft.

Focus man, Focus.,Apr 12 2008, 10:30 PM Wrote:How long did it take for the install, and did you need any special tools?
[right][snapback]261876[/snapback][/right]

You can do it in one day provided you have everything you need to install the kit like tools and replacement fluids. It took me 5 days because I took my time and I only had one day off and had to work the rest plus I was sick and starting a new job at the same time. You and a friend could do it one day for sure. One guy work on removing the passenger drive shaft and half shaft, removing the oil pan, drilling and all that stuff. Other guy can work on relocating the coolant, power steering reservoirs and lines. I would finish the bottom end first because you have to remove the passenger side engine mount and you need to support the engine.

As far special tools, you need a impact gun, torque sockets and bits, torque wrench, tap wrench (I had a hell of a time trying to find one so what I used was a ratchet and it worked like a charm.) The oil skirt isn't very thick and its very easy to drill but you have to be careful not to tap the hole all the way through. I almost sh*t myself when I lost a bit down inside the timing belt cover and was lucky enough to retrieve it with a retractable magnet. So of those is a good idea.

The kit works great without a S/C it gets about 160whp with the stage 2 kit. With the stage 3 kit (not available) boost is increased 3-4psi and intercooler is added. Stage 3 gets approx 200whp

For refference with his install above this is stage 3. Cutting the intake tube gives you an extra 1psi of boost.

[Image: hk16.jpg]
congrats on getting the kit installed!
SmokeBCBuDZ,Apr 12 2008, 01:11 AM Wrote:Hey guys sorry about the link! I re-did it for you fine gentleman to see.

So I have had this kit installed for a week now. The install I did myself and it went pretty well although I did have a couple of problems that were fixed fairly easily. And it looks and sounds amazing how ever I am running to rich and need to put it on a wideband to adjust the air/fuel so the actual running of the kit in lower rpms (1000 2500) I get some lag/hesitation.
Kit opened!
[Image: DSC00836.jpg]
Here was one problem. Oil feed fitting that was provided was to small.
[Image: DSC00847.jpg]
And here we have oil feed and oil return fittings in place. I was scared about drilling and tapping the oil skirt but it went smoothly.  :D
[Image: DSC00848.jpg]
Here are the coolant and power steering reservoirs relocated as well as the modified coolant and power steering lines.
[Image: DSC00843.jpg]
VF engine mount in place.
[Image: DSC00844.jpg]
Side view or the engine bay.
[Image: DSC00845.jpg]
Kit fully installed.
[Image: DSC00850.jpg]
[Image: DSC00851.jpg]
You guys will laugh at this. Because I don't have a laptop with XP I had to haul my tower and heavy ass monitor down the apartment stairs to REV datalogs for Randy.
This is how you datalog!  :lol:
[Image: DSC00849.jpg]
So as you can see the the kit install is easy and straight forward but if any of you plan on doing this kit know that it is not meant for a zetec without A/C. I had to find a smaller belt.

How much was the kit?
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
do u have sound clip of whining??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.