Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch Up Work On My Grill(s)
As some of you know, I made a grill using the stock one and some fiberglass. Last year I had some touch up work to do to it, and I also wanted to do something with the bottom one also.

I finally had some time and got it finished. The bottom grill turned out awsome IMHO.

Painting to match the car

[Image: Picture021.jpg]

You can see how I glassed the mesh right into the grill in this pic.

[Image: Picture023.jpg]

This is where I screwed up, but next grill i make wont have this....it will have a clean edge to begin with so will look like a 100 times better

[Image: Picture026.jpg]

Painting the mesh black

[Image: DSCF0216.jpg]

On the car, also pic of the bottom grill, which is combo of stock grill with some meshing painted black.

[Image: DSCF0220.jpg]

B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Just sick Nate, looks professionally done!
Looks good. *thumbsup*
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I need new grilles, feel like making me some? :P good work
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Damn, i want that front end for my sedan...Just the hella alone would make the car looks weird....but along with that grill, sexy
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
That's great work! I am always amazed by people's ability to fabricate these custom creations.

I was watching Scarface last night, and I noticed how the headlights on the citroen ds they were about to blow up look a lot like focus hella headlights.

[Image: USDS.jpg]
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
hey nate, take a little bit of black paint, grab a toothpick and lightly coat the silver overflow on the grill with a thin coat of black. Touch that bad boy up and your golden.
Run your car, not your mouth
Looks really good man, if you could make them fast/cheap enough, you could sell a lot of them.

I wonder what it would look like if you did something similar to the lower grill.. that might be interesting.
Guilty, the bottom grill is made of the same meshing. Not sure if thats what you meant. For the bottom grill I cut out the middle and used this plastic putty to hold her in there. I tried glassin to hold the meshing on the bottom but it didnt hold. The plastic putty seems to be working good.
thats sweet!! what are you gonna do about front turn signals?
hellas are so sick, anybody selling theirs?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jan 16 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:thats sweet!! what are you gonna do about front turn signals?
hellas are so sick, anybody selling theirs?
[right][snapback]79177[/snapback][/right]

I dont know if you noticed, but in one of the pics above, you can clearly see turn signal lights in the back of the grille, they fit perfectly too
My other ride is your Mom
Flofocus,Jan 16 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:Guilty, the bottom grill is made of the same meshing.  Not sure if thats what you meant.  [right][snapback]79159[/snapback][/right]

I mean glassing the outline (outer bars) of the grill to the same thickness of the top, and painting it to match, similar to the top. Might look cool, hard to picture though..
Flo the grill "Looks Wickedly Hot !"

As far as doing the same to the bottom grill "NO"!

Unless you remove the stock rally lights and then
insert something euro after market in there "small and round".
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
guilty,Jan 17 2005, 01:24 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 16 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:Guilty, the bottom grill is made of the same meshing.  Not sure if thats what you meant.  [right][snapback]79159[/snapback][/right]

I mean glassing the outline (outer bars) of the grill to the same thickness of the top, and painting it to match, similar to the top. Might look cool, hard to picture though..
[right][snapback]79217[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, i was gonna do something along those line, but when I glassed each end just to hold the mesh in place, the glass wouldnt stick. That part of the grill is to flimsy to start driling holes into for the glass to stick.