Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Body Kit For '05-'07 Sedan Owners
I came across this kit yesterday that I'll show you guys since it's so damn hard to find a nice body kit for the '05-07 Sedans. I personally kind of like it, what do you guys think? The whole kit is $625 from http://grounddynamics.com

Let me know if you guys come across anything nice other then the RS kit as I can't seem to find anything really.

[Image: FF05HIZENCK4_b.jpg]
[Image: FF05HIZENFB_b.jpg]
[Image: FF05HIZENRB4_b.jpg]
[Image: FF05HIZENSS4_b.jpg]
Is it glass or poly?
fiberglass. I think the only poly kit I've seen for the '05-07 sedans is the RS kit from F2 Motorsports
Fiberglass booo! Fiberglass kits don't last on cars that see winter :(

It does look pretty nice tho....I guess the front bumper isn't to hard to swap over to stock for winter driving. I do like the F2 kit more for style and toughness. However ordering something from F2 can take a few months getting your stuff.
Yah the fact that it's fiberglass will probably keep me from ordering it. I heard the same thing about the F2 kits as well taking forever to come in. I'm hoping a good poly kit will come out in the next few months so I can get er for next summer. I'm looking at getting the Invader carbon fiber hood for sure, it's pretty sweet looking.
Raypro,Sep 10 2008, 08:30 PM Wrote:Yah the fact that it's fiberglass will probably keep me from ordering it. I heard the same thing about the F2 kits as well taking forever to come in. I'm hoping a good poly kit will come out in the next few months so I can get er for next summer. I'm looking at getting the Invader carbon fiber hood for sure, it's pretty sweet looking.
[right][snapback]272141[/snapback][/right]
I'd be surprised frankly if anyone's working on it ... relatively speaking there were few 05-07 Foci sold in NA and AFAIK about the same for 08-09 ... and as we all know we've got an all-new 2010 heading our way ... that's probably got the domestic aftermarket really screwed up in terms of Focus stuff.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Raypro,Sep 10 2008, 07:47 PM Wrote:fiberglass. I think the only poly kit I've seen for the '05-07 sedans is the RS kit from F2 Motorsports
[right][snapback]272139[/snapback][/right]

STAY AWAY OF FIBERGLASS!
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
I hate that crappy chicken wire crap where a proper grille should be, it makes the car look so freakin cheap looking.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Really nice but it looks like a Corolla lol just take a quick glance at it and then one at a Corolla.
Now I found this one a couple of years ago, lil pricy but I haven't seen anyone with one.
http://www.onderground-design.com/show_pro...on=view&Id=7925
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

my focus is lowered like 1.5&quot; and couldn't survive from last winter..
got it repaired but as soon as i hit snow, it got cracked again..

if your budget is low like me, go for it..
if not, spend more money on polyurethane stuff..

oh and i also agree with COROLLA looking..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Steeda has a very nice kit, just nice looking.
http://www.steedafocus.com/store/2005-2007...oduct_info.html
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Frost__2001,Sep 10 2008, 10:06 PM Wrote:I hate that crappy chicken wire crap where a proper grille should be, it makes the car look so freakin cheap looking.
[right][snapback]272154[/snapback][/right]

I agree with you, it does make the car look real cheap...
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
focusonthis_88,Sep 10 2008, 09:17 PM Wrote:
Raypro,Sep 10 2008, 07:47 PM Wrote:fiberglass. I think the only poly kit I've seen for the '05-07 sedans is the RS kit from F2 Motorsports
[right][snapback]272139[/snapback][/right]

STAY AWAY OF FIBERGLASS!
[right][snapback]272149[/snapback][/right]

Of all people to listen to, its this guy! He's living it! :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Steeda Lips FTW i do like the rear of the 1st one though
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Fibreglass is a great three season product, but here in Canada we have 4 of them :(

I'm looking at the kit and the cut outs for the brake cooling (whether functional or not) just scream &quot;Snow Traps&quot; to me :blink:

NefCanuck
Scorcher000,Sep 10 2008, 09:26 PM Wrote:Really nice but it looks like a Corolla lol just take a quick glance at it and then one at a Corolla.
Now I found this one a couple of years ago, lil pricy but I haven't seen anyone with one.
http://www.onderground-design.com/show_pro...on=view&Id=7925
[right][snapback]272156[/snapback][/right]

Is that PRO Dtm kit, poly? I can't read french :)