Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowmaggedon
looks like everyone on this site is a snow driver pro lol
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
let the fun times begin.

I'm thinking of taking the Freestyle instead of the Jetta. I'm working from home today, but have to go and pick up my mom later on today. It should be fun. :D
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

^^ See, now that's thinking!

I don't know if this has been addressed in Quebec at all (mostly because my French is hella rusty) but making one set of tires mandatory for certain times of the year brings a bit of a precedent to the table.

My next question is: will there be mandatory summer tires? And if the government says "no", I'll follow up with "why not?"

I'd also like to hear what the MTO and Transport Canada think of all-season tires vs. summer tires. Likely, as government ministries at the provincial and federal levels, they don't have an "opinion".

It's really very simple, fellas. You either legislate all of the tires as being adequate for their respective seasons, or you legislate none of them. Given that summer tires are far better for spring to fall conditions than all seasons, then it stands to reason that all-seasons shouldn't be sold in Canada.

Discuss. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
it's 7:30.. I've web-checked in for my flight and the snow hasn't started -- yet (knocks on engineered laminated wood).

Here's hoping it holds until 9:50.

Funny thing is, I'm always worried about the take-off, but not the landing.

Guess I figure, no matter what, when you're landing, you'll end up on the ground one way or the other...

wish me luck boys! As much as I enjoy my buddy's company, I'm not a big fan of the 17 hour overnight drives.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Dec 19 2008, 12:28 PM Wrote:it's 7:30.. I've web-checked in for my flight and the snow hasn't started -- yet (knocks on engineered laminated wood).

Here's hoping it holds until 9:50. 

Funny thing is, I'm always worried about the take-off, but not the landing.

Guess I figure, no matter what, when you're landing, you'll end up on the ground one way or the other...

wish me luck boys!  As much as I enjoy my buddy's company, I'm not a big fan of the 17 hour overnight drives.
[right][snapback]278514[/snapback][/right]

Just change your flight for monday and we can go together. I'm heading to YQT on monday for work. I usually take the 6:30 flight with AC. It will hopefully be just a day trip
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ry/VideoLineup/

I LOLed. :D

A foot of snow (over 3 days, natch) is "snowmaggedon"? BAHAHAHAHAHA

We'll get at least that much here in any given 24 hours of "real" precipitaion... plow, sand, maybe salt the major intersections. 5cm might get some attention from the plows on the main arteries at first.

Down south? Plow, salt, plow some more, oh wait... need more salt!

The seat of power for Ontario is in a city, in Canada where snowfall is largely routine, where they showcase a video of a snowblow moving 5cm of snow, MAX.

Pathetic! If you're living in Canada and you can't take the snow... move to the States and take up tobacco spitting or something.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Made it in to work (late of course) but the idiots are out there...

Saw a guy sail through a red as I was waiting to make a left (on a day like today I wasn't taking any chances about people stopping on yellows) and added a second besides, good thing I did cause that would have been a hit in the exact same place :ph34r:

Oh and a big raspberry to Ford for selling a car with wiper blades that become useless in the snow (The frame is an open design and the ice builds up in them very quickly)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 19 2008, 04:09 PM Wrote:Oh and a big raspberry to Ford for selling a car with wiper blades that become useless in the snow (The frame is an open design and the ice builds up in them very quickly)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]278520[/snapback][/right]

please! let me deal with door not closing first. Atleast you dont have snow+ice built up inside the car :D
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

as for teh comment about not everyone being able to afford snow tires.... Teh GOV will just issue either rebate cheque by basing it on household income or more then likely a tax break on the following years tax time
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
NikiterZTS,Dec 19 2008, 07:59 AM Wrote:looks like everyone on this site is a snow driver pro lol
[right][snapback]278511[/snapback][/right]

I would hope this board would be better than average drivers ;)

We already have lots of snow here, another 15cm is being dumped on us tonight.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Office just closed.
LOL
It's not even that bad out.

Oh well.
A night with a bottle of red and my new Far Cry 2 game is in order!
We're closing at 1400 and I just got a bottle of rum in the gift exchange :lol:

Guess I know what I'll be doing, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!11!!!!11!
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Ho hum... no drama for my commute home. (Nokian Hakkapilletas FTW)

It took 35 minutes instead of the usual 25 minutes.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
snow :ph34r:

I couldnt open my back door to let my dogs outside, at least I have a snowblower :D ...time to have some fun now with 4WD in the Escape :lol:
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

fatphocus,Dec 19 2008, 02:51 PM Wrote:snow :ph34r:

I couldnt open my back door to let my dogs outside, at least I have a snowblower  :D ...time to have some fun now with 4WD in the Escape  :lol:
[right][snapback]278531[/snapback][/right]

lol, my dog keeps getting stuck in the snow, and I have to go out and get him out.

you'd think he was from the Toronto pound or something. :D

Quote:Guess I know what I'll be doing, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!11!!!!11!

Its friday....i aint got s*** to do...

I just busted open a bottle of appleton that I bought in Jamaica! No lie!

Merry Holidays to everybody starting today. :beerchug: :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Went to the mall. Laughed at the tards spinning their tires and going nowhere. Came home and I am not going out again. Well maybe a quick run to the LCBO down the street. Lighting a fire soon and kickin back to relax.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
You guys got the right idea... my flight made it after an hour or so waiting for de-icing (de-icing good apparently)...

Much sunnier here... and it's 21C

oh, sorry.. that's -21C...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Dec 19 2008, 07:38 PM Wrote:You guys got the right idea... my flight made it after an hour or so waiting for de-icing (de-icing good apparently)...

Much sunnier here... and it's 21C

oh, sorry.. that's -21C...
[right][snapback]278536[/snapback][/right]

haha for a second i had to think where you went that its 21C, but then i remembered its TB, so its -21 :) atleast no snow right?
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

^^ Mind the wee camp chairs, eh sailor? :lol: :lol:

I think we're clear sailing up here till past Christmas. Only a few cm a day at best, and not every day.

There's a gas fireplace and plenty of liquor at my place. Too bad I don't drink much lately :(

Oh well, I'll be comfy tonight while my g/f works. :lol:

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 19 2008, 03:02 PM Wrote:Oh well, I'll be comfy tonight while my g/f works. :lol:
[right][snapback]278538[/snapback][/right]

Works at what? I have a job for the wife as well. :lol:
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.