Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Who Put There Summer Tires On Already
I know there was a topic a few weeks back about when to put your summer tires on. SO who did and how are you doing in todays weather.

I know I told my buddy not to swap his insurance yet from his Rav 4 to his Modified VR6 Jetta with almost bald performance tires.But he had the summer itch last week and made the swap. I told him to replace his crappy practically bald Hercules summer Tires asap just incase we get some slush and snow on the road he didn't and I got a phone call from him this morning saying he couldn't make it up a hill beside his work so he had to park at the bottom and walk the rest of the way.

DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Apr 6 2009, 09:30 AM Wrote:I know there was a topic a few weeks back about when to put your summer tires on. SO who did and how are you doing in todays weather.

I know I told my buddy not to swap his insurance yet from his Rav 4 to his Modified VR6 Jetta with almost bald performance tires.But he had the summer itch last week and made the swap. I told him to replace his crappy practically bald Hercules summer Tires asap just incase we get some slush and snow on the road he didn't and I got a phone call from him this morning saying he couldn't make it up a hill beside his work so he had to park at the bottom and walk the rest of the way.
[right][snapback]284327[/snapback][/right]

Went with summer rubber almost 3 weeks ago now ... the stock Michelin Pilots on the Fusion are actually pretty good in the snow and very, very good in the wet. No problems driving the kids to school this morning.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I had my a new set of Falken 912's installed yesterday. They're were fine this morning in the rain/snow/slush.

As an aside, Falken 912's so far, huge bang for you buck, what a great tire.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

You'd be fine, regardless, so long as the roads weren't covered in sheets of glare ice. The real danger are the roving packs of morons called "GTA commuters" who don't understand the difference between sunny and inclement weather and thus drive the same in both scenarios.

We're getting quite a bit of snow/sleet today here and guess what? One major accident to report, and that was over half an hour away on the TransCanada toward Ottawa.

Take away the lemmings' licenses and you would all be much better off down there.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
kind of a repost

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=25628&hl=
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Just rain by the time I left for work this morning. I'm more worried for my stepmother though in Aurora, she'll be housebound again if enough snow falls :ph34r:

NefCanuck
I wanted to swap yesterday, but may have to travel north to the office tomorrow...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Might as well wait for May. No point using summer rubber when the temp is hovering between 0 to 5 C daily. Summer rubber's good over 10C.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
NikiterZTS,Apr 6 2009, 07:21 AM Wrote:kind of a repost

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=25628&hl=
[right][snapback]284343[/snapback][/right]

Sorta Not really this thread is more directed to the perfomace of the tires in this kinda weather, and to see if anyone else had troubles like my buddy did.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I did the swap about 3 weeks ago aswell. I am glad I don't live north of the city. Although I did need to clean the car off this morning the roads in the GTA are fine. Traffic was slow this morning but there wasn't any snow on the ground.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I swapped over on thursday as i needed to dismount my stock tires for my wheel plans for the season... another week and a half ill have different tires then these nexens...

was a pain driving to work as we got a bit of build up on the roads in slush... once your in the grooves... well you in em
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
I only change my wheels/tires when its consistently over 10 degrees.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Did the swap before the show and don't regret it. Generals hold up good in this crap and same with the gf's Ku25's.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

this thread reminds me that I have order a new set of wheels and tires
'03 Focus SVT
Did it last week. My BFG are rated M+S so if the snow stays below 5 cm and the temp stays above -10 I'm okay. Not in the mood to do an unwanted 180 on #5 ever again.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I have had my summer tires+rims on for about 3-4 weeks now, just got home from work in the middle of the snow and the tires were great surprisingly, only spun them once on a back road after giving her a little gas to play a bit :ph34r:
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

I bought my summers a while back. Been waiting to put them on. I knew it would snow again so I've been holding off.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Hell no , we just had 20 cm of snow in Barrie ! But I can't wait to switch to summers and watch out for our beloved OPP who'll be out soon to make some money on 400 with their zero tolerance bul... :angry:
by the time I woke up it was only rain so my tires were fine. They have better traction than the stock goodyears that came with my fofo.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
a few fender benders this morning in Ottawa due to slick roads, Im sure those guys slapped on their summers/all seasons thinking the snow was gone for good.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]