Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rota Slipstream
LMAO that would be funny as hell if they were 4x108 for the focus!

Yeah, i called them a week back and he said they can't get them. But i wonder what those black rotas in the window were? most likely for honda's....i'll ask about that, thanks for noticing that dmitri!

Be the change you want to see in this world.
ZTWsquared,Mar 18 2009, 09:57 PM Wrote:
cornflakes,Mar 18 2009, 08:46 PM Wrote:yeah that's another thing i was thinking about.  Are there some wheels that look ok without a drop (ie. the stock ones look fine without a drop.....but yeah the rota slipstreams might look odd without a drop..not sure why...maybe cuz of the style?) and what's the smallest drop you can do? anything less than 1.8 drop available?
[right][snapback]282985[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure I've ever felt that any rim looked good on the North American Focus suspension ... one of the reasons the Euro cars always looked better even with stock rims is because the stock suspension was considerably lower.

FYI - the Eibach Pro-kit has a drop of 1.4 front and 1.5 rear. Check out Kevin's car for how that looks.

Someone on here who goes to the states a lot and bought parts when the dollar was real good might have a set of new Eibach's in his garage and might let it go for real cheap.

LOL - let me know if you're interested and I'll ask him.
[right][snapback]282991[/snapback][/right]

[Image: IMG_1838-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3351.jpg]
Here is mine with the Eibach Pro Kit springs. Stock rims and rubber size.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Rotas are not a "looks" type of rim they are daily/performance. From my modding days the rim was impossible to get for a focus because they made limited amounts and most people I knew got a shop to drill the bolt pattern..........I could be wrong because that was 4 years ago
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Mar 25 2009, 01: Wrote:Rotas are not a "looks" type of rim they are daily/performance. From my modding days the rim was impossible to get for a focus because they made limited amounts and most people I knew got a shop to drill the bolt pattern..........I could be wrong because that was 4 years ago
[right][snapback]283403[/snapback][/right]

true true, and that's why i want them. They aren't gorgeous but they aren't ugly either....just simple or plain at worse. I see a lot of these "over the top" looking rims and in all honesty, unless u got a cool body kit and lowered car, its silly having those on (i dont know what u call them but seems like 90% of aftermarket rims out there are these flashy chrome with diamonds or alien/insect looking spokes).

Ok I have prices. Just one questions first how much have other ppl paid for them before. Because these things are nutz
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

hey buddy, either flat black or steel greys.....whatever the best price u can get please. I'm having the s***tiest day....i found a set here in toronto and just called in to buy em and they were sold yesterday! :( im sick
my rotas came in today....here they are:

[Image: rotaslipstreamflatblack.th.jpg]
HOT HOT HOT!!!

Makes me want to paint my new rims... I'll be interested to see how they look on a silver sedan. :)
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
So i got my wheels installed today and as i feared it looks like everyone was wrong because i WILL have some rubbing issues even though my car is not lowered.

It's only the rear two wheels where the inner wheel looks like 3-4mm away from hitting this metal block (i don't know what it is called) but i read about it before and i think i have to &quot;shave&quot; it?

I drove home fine but when i make a left turn i can hear some vibrating or clicking sounds....i assume its the rubbing but when i check the wheel and feel the inner wheel there's no scratches or grooves.

Here's a couple pics from the rear left and rear right. Can anyone tell me what the name of that metal block is? Also where can I go and get it shaved a few mm? I don't have equipment that can do that.

[Image: rearleft.th.jpg]
[Image: rearright.th.jpg]
get 5mm spacer
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
yes i know spacers are an option but the guy in the shop says your wheels will shake/vibrate. I don't think i need spacers anyways...i already have a 40+ offset.

I just want to drumel or shave down that corner but i don't know what it's called so when i explain it to the garage they have no idea what i'm talking about.

Actually i found a guy who was running 225s on 15inch rotas had this problem. Here is the link:

link

but im on 205 tires and stock everything so i'm quite surprised i'm having this issue.
apparently the noise was only happening when i had all 4 winter steelies and tires in the backseat. When i drove aroud later without them, there was no problem when turning left or right.

I still want to shave it down a bit cuz i guess i'll have passengers now and then.

[Image: pic12p.th.jpg]

[Image: pic2dkf.th.jpg]

exhaustrev.00.avi
How about a whole side view of how they look on the car? ;)
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
sorry was hard t do cuz of the other cars parked beside me at the time

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rota slipstream help drunkinmonkey 4 2,398 01-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie