Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help. Boost Is Coming :)
Or spending the 5 or so thousand dollars you plan to make your car faster, could probably be spent a lot wiser paying the car off first so you actually own it, instead of the bank owning a fast Focus.
LOL Ford owns it. lol

Its kinda hard to make decisions. The s/c is ordered allready and should be here in 6 weeks. Either way Im happy and thats what counts. I would hate to be down the road a few from now and be like oh dam..... Why didnt i buy that. Im always been like that.

The course Im taking thow shoudnt be a prob paying for. Since I allready did work for the instructor and he knows what I can do this way allowing me to skip alot of it and go where I need. Brings the price down alot...

I guess I shouldnt just say all my money goes to car LOL. I have tons of other s**t i waste my money on. (IE going 1/2 on mini pcket bikes, laptop, compuetrs, xbox games, clothes.. 2 tshirts cost me $120, gap lol) I have expensive tastes... $150-$200 cell phone bills, $200 a month on fast food. If i were to cut back all these other expenses im sure I would be good to go.. Could even move out while modding the focus lol

one day..
Well I guess in the end it IS your life and your car. Do as you please, blow up 1000 engines, it doesn't change my life one bit. Do you honestly believe the bank would give you a loan? They would be willing to fork over 100's of thousands of dollars? Now I don't know who your parents are but I don't think your last name is Rockafeller or Hilton, so those are just brochures they send out for either being a savings acct client or so on. A mortgage is not something they give to some kid that earns 10 bucks an hour at the mall part time... Good luck man.

Just remeber you said it right you don't want to look back on your life and say "damn why didn't I buy that" But the flip side is Jason, are you ever going to look back on your life and ask "damn why DID I buy that?" Something to think about.
Run your car, not your mouth
ZX3TUNR,Feb 8 2005, 11:17 PM Wrote:LOL Ford owns it. lol

Its kinda hard to make decisions. The s/c is ordered allready and should be here in 6 weeks. Either way Im happy and thats what counts. I would hate to be down the road a few from now and be like oh dam..... Why didnt i buy that. Im always been like that.

The course Im taking thow shoudnt be a prob paying for. Since I allready did work for the instructor and he knows what I can do this way allowing me to skip alot of it and go where I need. Brings the price down alot...

I guess I shouldnt just say all my money goes to car LOL. I have tons of other s**t i waste my money on. (IE going 1/2 on mini pcket bikes, laptop, compuetrs, xbox games, clothes.. 2 tshirts cost me $120, gap lol) I have expensive tastes... $150-$200 cell phone bills, $200 a month on fast food. If i were to cut back all these other expenses im sure I would be good to go.. Could even move out while modding the focus lol

one day..
[right][snapback]84581[/snapback][/right]

Lol, you're crazy dude! :lol:
You would be surprised. LOL

You can get houses in Regina for as low as $23,000 (my house). My car stock is worth more then the house. I seen ppl my age get 40g loans from banks and buy 2 houses then rent them out. Some serious $$ in that business... or fix the house and sell them...

Plus its not like I only have 1 job. You think I would be able to afford all my stuff with just my main job. I think not.
I'm sure most of us would agree its not crazy, but more irresponsible.

You make so much, yet you have no financial plans for the future Jason. It's sad to see you live life simply in the here and now. If you were to be smart with your money you could be driving something a hell of a lot NICER than a focus. Or perhaps pay off this car jsut that much faster and move on to bigger things.

Your right thow.. I could easily be in my Lexus IS300. Get a used 4 door and my plates would prolly be cheaper then the Focus LOL.

Curious what SGI has to say once they find out im running boost LOL
Let the guy enjoy his purchase, his passion, his hobbie....Geez

Some people have a different outlook on life, and some people have different priorities. You do not know what people have in the bank, in savings, etc. For all you know, he could have thousands just waiting to be spent on this kinda stuff or kind parents. Maybe a house in 10yrs is not as important to him as making everything he can with what he has now. God for bid, he could be gone in 10yrs and never have been able to enjoy what he had when he had it...but good thing he has money in the bank. HA HA

If it were not for people making sacrafices to go after their dreams and passions, there would be no me, Turbo Tom, Jon Elway, etc.

People actually end up doing what start's out as a passion and hobbie....most people in this industry are that way.

Yes, he could put a blower on his car and it could blow up the second he put the loud pedal to the floor....but it is all a part of this hobbie. Breaking parts is a part of modifying a vehicle...if you can't accept that you should look into knitting :blink:
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:if you can't accept that you should look into nitting

Nitting? :huh:

Like this?

[Image: GROOMING_MONKEY_L.jpg]
Jay dont worry...

Instead of living for that goal of retirement, that goal of the 'future'... Just live for now.

Good luck with the kit. And just ignore what you feel is nonsense in this thread.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 9 2005 Wrote:

LOL, yup!
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 9 2005, 12:19 AM Wrote:
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 9 2005 Wrote:

LOL, yup!
[right][snapback]84599[/snapback][/right]

Maybe you mean knitting?
Picking for lice is fun....
tdot-zx3,Feb 9 2005, 06: Wrote:Jay dont worry...

Instead of living for that goal of retirement, that goal of the 'future'... Just live for now.

Good luck with the kit. And just ignore what you feel is nonsense in this thread.
[right][snapback]84598[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes: "Just live for now."

Spoken like a true champ with no goals in life. Life doesn't end at sundown. Planning for tomorrow isn't as stupid as you think Dan. But oh well.

Your a fool. Im not even going to touch that... Or the stupid things your wrote in this thread.

Stick to school, atleast your good at that.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Feb 9 2005, 07: Wrote:Your a fool. Im not even going to touch that... Or the stupid things your wrote in this thread.

Stick to school, atleast your good at that.
[right][snapback]84611[/snapback][/right]

You know what Dan. Screw it, I had some comment to come back at you for calling me a fool etc.. But hey, its not worth it. No actually, you are not worth it.

My revenge will be when all of us are 40 something, we'll compare our lives then ok? Look me up, I'll let you call collect if you don't have the quarter.
Compare lives when were 40 eh?
Wow .. Your brining this to even lower lows.

The life phylosophies on this board really crack me up sometimes. No wonder so many people in so many studies arent happy with life...

Such a shame.
tdot-zx3,Feb 9 2005, 09: Wrote:Compare lives when were 40 eh?
Wow .. Your brining this to even lower lows.

The life phylosophies on this board really crack me up sometimes. No wonder so many people in so many studies arent happy with life...

Such a shame.
[right][snapback]84619[/snapback][/right]

I'm almost 40................pretty happy with my simple life of sex and paying the bills...............quit fighting over bs fuktards. Life aint worth it. We just have to keep telling ourselves it's just a Focus chat site. Everyone.........back to your corners and live your own lives.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Yes. And im not fighting with anyone. I called him a fool for attacking what I said, and responding with ignorant statments. Comparing lives when were 40 is probably one of the silliest things ive ever heard, but its not surprising comming from his mouth at all.

Lets just say im not insecure to the point that I would ignorantly assume things about other people to try to boost my E-ego.

The point is were talking about a guy whos,... Jay are you 20 yet? Who works his couple of jobs so he can buy want he wants to make him happy. Thats it! Hes got plenty of time to grow up and plenty of time to think about 10 years down the road. :rolleyes:

We shouldnt be going around telling people what they should and shouldnt be spending their money on because we are all guilty of wasting it in different places. Give him your 2 cents, maybe suggest something, then leave the guy alone. Dont go telling him how he should live life, or that hes living it wrong.... who is ANYONE to tell him that.

2001zts and meisters comments were the only 2 probably worth reading in this whole thread. The rest imo is nonsense like I said.
Do whatever makes you happy, boys. Some of us live for "the now", some plan for retirement, and some of us are foolish enough to try both (like me).

D-Dub: I was out of school for over 4 years, went back to college when I was 22, graduated when I was 24. It was DAMN tough for the first month or so, but after that, it was butter for me. Actually, the last 3 months were... interesting because I was hired before grad by my current employer, so we thankfully juggled my courseload and work schedule to allow me to both graduate and earn some coin at the same time (7:30 - 11:30AM at the office, 12:30 - 4:30 at college).

It's more than I'd realistically put in to a Focus, but hell, it's not MY Focus.

Actually, Jay reminds me of me when I was 18-21ish, no responsibilities (take it in the context it's meant - wife, kids, yadda yadda) and blowing every last cent of disposable income whenever possible. I was there, so I understand what's going on here completely. It will pass, and with luck, you'll have no negative side effects from your "wild and free" days.

The only recommendation that I would make is that you go back to school sooner rather than later. Your disposable income will love you more for having a fatter wallet :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.