Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are Your Struts...
I know a few of us did springs wiht out changing the struts and Im curious to see how ppl's stock struts are doing. I did the FK 35/40 drop about a year ago and the ride is still smooth. Stock struts in perfect shape. I plan on replacing them though when I get the lower drop. I know DD1 with the 2 inch drop around the same time. Wonder how his are doing. Same with ASS (I think he did sportlines though)
I had my springs put in last year as well so it has been just over a year now and mine still seem to be good. I want to replace them soon but I still don't know what I want for replacement. Haven't really thought about it that much either though.
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
Yes, put in my B+G's just over a year ago and they seen to be holding up pretty good. The ride is really good for stock dampers! On ocassion the front struts bottom out on usually heaves in the road (un-filled cracks) but other than that I have no complants! I will be investing in some dampers soon? Anyone have a preference or opinion on which ones are worth the money and quality?
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
I just got my Eibachs on last week, going to replace the dampers with some Eibachs next spring along with the sway bars I am hoping to buy off some guy on here next month, pretty sure anyway. Basically I will have the entire Eibach Pro Kit Plus by the time I am done.

I heard good things about it, I have also heard that stock dampers can handle the Eibachs also, so who knows.....
When i took the prokit off my car, the stock struts/shocks were fine after 80K with the combo.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I haven't dropped my car yet because altho I got my springs last year, I wanted to wait and get my dampers. Ordered them at PI's midnight madness sale... still waiting for them 2 months later....
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Best dampers/struts out there are the Koni's if you got the $$$$$. Super expensive. Im sticking with all FK. The quality is awsome at the same time having an awsome price. Eibach dampers are good to. One of my buddies did a 2" sportline drop and upgraded his dampers to the high end monros from CDN Tire and his ride is awsome..
Hey Jason, I did the eibach sportlines, I'd say last summer? The ride is HORRIBLE. I bounce like a mofo all over the place and over the smallest bumps. struts + dampers are blown.
Run your car, not your mouth
yeah, I lowered my car with the Eibach pro kit 23000kms ago and my struts and shocks are gone, I think the roads here in vancouver and the odd off road rally rip has f**ked them up. well thats my 2 cents
I installed my sportlines 40k ago, no problems. Not sure if the S2 shocks are different than the regular shocks, but everything seems cool thus far with my current setup.

I installed Sportlines on my car with the stock shocks. They stock shocks were blown within 10,000 kms. It was such a bouncy ride that bottomed out all the time.

Replaced em with Eibach shocks and all is well.
Just before the FK's even hit 6000km on them I sold them. I been tryng my best to get the new Sprints to 3000k. No go yet. They still are not even worked in yet and my car sits all high still :(

I need a big guy like Steve to come sit in my car j/k
Shouldn't take more than a week or so for the springs to reach their settled height...?
LOL not with me... I sit in the car the car keeps all its height. Jarrod goes to sit in my car its like an inch lower lol....
I got my crap on order

eitch dampers + struts and the anti roll kit.
Run your car, not your mouth
this issue really depends on how u drive, what's the condition of the road that you drive, and how you judge the ride quality.

and, i think the best way to settle the springs is hard acceleration and hard braking for a few times, i.e. drag race :D
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
It seems like the chances of blowing out you struts witht he Pro Kit is a less than the sportlines.

Ride height matters.
Interesting reads here guys. Very informative. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2005, 10:17 AM Wrote:Interesting reads here guys. Very informative. :)
[right][snapback]84645[/snapback][/right]

Yeah...get struts/spring combo setup :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Way to post almost a year later fuktards! :P

I did the SHM springs with the KYB dampers. Popped them in at around 35,000... just over 50,000 now and they're comfy. More responsive than stock, but not teeth chattering. Probably would be a pretty rough ride on 17's, but I'm on stockers so it's nice.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)