Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Sct Chip
Need some HOW TO's, recommendations, etc.

Looking for answers from people specifically owning and who have installed their SCT chip on a focus.

Thanks in advance.
Im not sure the exact process but once you take out the glove box and get a light in there it comes pretty easy. Im sure its a 9mm bolt. Just guessing. LOL I know there is a how to on the focus fanatics page.

my zx3.com had a how to.

just do what I would do. wing it man... lol
Exact same procedure as the diablo chip.

here is a link to the HowTo

Diablosport How To
Yeah I seen that one.... I actually know there is a way to install the chip without taking the computer apart but was hoping to see what the members on this board did when they installed their SCT chip. Thanks for the links though.

As for winging it, nah man.... do it wrong (like leaving the keys in the ignition) and you got SERIOUS problems....
I did it that way, I don't know if there is anyway else. You gotta clean all that crud off or it won't get good connection.

If ford would have just left it bare then it would be a 1 minute install....
i did mine like that too.. i dont think theres a way ofdoing it without taking it apart.. well you could do it without opening the ecu.. but no way you can do it without removing it from the car.. or at least moving it outside the compartment..

theres a plastic cap on the hole too that i think you need to open the ecu to remove.. then once its removed, well you still have to remove the rubbery glue they put on there.. opening the ecu is very easy.. 6 small bolts/screws.. i dont think you need to be scared about breaking it or anything..

like hardcore said, if it was open and clean, would be like a minute to install it.. i do it in like 10 seconds now that its open and clean..

its getting the ecu out thats the trouble
ZX3T gone..
Yeah Randy from FS told me how to do the install. He said you can do it without taking the computer apart but you have to remove it from the car though. Just curious, hoping to do my install sometime soon here.....
Please Chad, don't tell me you ordered from FS?

Peace...
[Image: Copy2ofKarlitosig.jpg]
take the computer appart, its so much better, dont half ass the job at this point.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Quote:As for winging it, nah man.... do it wrong (like leaving the keys in the ignition) and you got SERIOUS problems....

LOL Everything I did to my car or plan on doing is just from winging it. I plan on winging it when I install my super charger to LOL.

Chad if you dont have it installled by the time I put in my ecu I will make a quick how to vid..
french_connection,Feb 13 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:take the computer appart, its so much better, dont half ass the job at this point.
[right][snapback]85779[/snapback][/right]

Ditto.
If the guys from Tuner Transformation can install a ECU into Steves car Im sure you wont have a prob.