Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getrag Fluid
So iv been browsing the FF fourms looking at what people are using in the SVTF tranys. RP seems to be very popular but then it hit me, alot of these guys live were it dosent dip below 15C, so of course the fluid behaves nicely. I wanna know what my felow canucks are using: RP, BG, OE, GM, or some other brand. Let me know so i can do a flush boys!
Obviously not for an SVTF tranny but I used to run Redline (can't recall if is was MTL or MT-90) in my V-dub all year. It was all around better then conventional oil but it really came through for cold starts, no more nasty 2nd gear crunch in the mornings.

Everyone I've talked to has felt that Redline and Royal Purple are very comparable. I'll be making the swap to one of those in the not too distant future.
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
Scourge,Sep 17 2009, 08:55 AM Wrote:Obviously not for an SVTF tranny but I used to run Redline (can't recall if is was MTL or MT-90) in my V-dub all year.  It was all around better then conventional oil but it really came through for cold starts, no more nasty 2nd gear crunch in the mornings.

Everyone I've talked to has felt that Redline and Royal Purple are very comparable.  I'll be making the swap to one of those in the not too distant future.
[right][snapback]294479[/snapback][/right]

RP seems to be the choice, the only issue i have is that people put it in, say its great fresh and thats it. I want someone whos had it in there getrag for longer then a year or so. I want to know if theres any issues running in our trans for extened periods.
I've always use the Motorcraft synthetic oil sold by Ford dealerships .Not cheap , but summer or winter , the gearbox behaves flawless . I change it every year because I track the car . I maybe shouldn't but better more care can't hurt . The car runs like new .
Gabriel,Sep 17 2009, 09:56 AM Wrote:I've always use the Motorcraft synthetic oil sold by Ford dealerships .Not cheap , but summer or winter , the gearbox behaves flawless . I change it every year because I track the car . I maybe shouldn't but better more care can't hurt  . The car runs like new .
[right][snapback]294488[/snapback][/right]

So thats the OE fluid that came from factory? Or is it an updated fluid thats better?
Gabriel,Sep 17 2009, 09:56 AM Wrote:I've always use the Motorcraft synthetic oil sold by Ford dealerships .Not cheap , but summer or winter , the gearbox behaves flawless . I change it every year because I track the car . I maybe shouldn't but better more care can't hurt  . The car runs like new .

+1 on changing tranny fluid if tracking the car

and Red Line is good choise from what I heard
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
sonic_mikey,Sep 17 2009, 10:58 AM Wrote:

So thats the OE fluid that came from factory? Or is it an updated fluid thats better?
[right][snapback]294489[/snapback][/right]
I think so , because it has the same code as specified in the car's manual
NikiterZTS,Sep 17 2009, 11:07 AM Wrote:
Gabriel,Sep 17 2009, 09:56 AM Wrote:I've always use the Motorcraft synthetic oil sold by Ford dealerships .Not cheap , but summer or winter , the gearbox behaves flawlessly. I change it every year because I track the car . I maybe shouldn't but better more care can't hurt  . The car runs like new .

+1 on changing tranny fluid if tracking the car

and Red Line is good choise from what I heard
[right][snapback]294490[/snapback][/right]
Better safe than sorry
Working for Castrol, I check with our guidelines as to which fluid should be used and it seem that they only specify the Ford fluid for the 6-speed.

It recomends 1.7L of Ford Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid Spec. # WSD-M2C00-C, or part #XT-M5-QS. Hope this helps.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 17 2009, 12:46 PM Wrote:Working for Castrol, I check with our guidelines as to which fluid should be used and it seem that they only specify the Ford fluid for the 6-speed. 

It recomends 1.7L of Ford Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid Spec. # WSD-M2C00-C, or part #XT-M5-QS.  Hope this helps.
[right][snapback]294497[/snapback][/right]

Arnt the Getrags 2.1L?
I been running RP Synchromax for about 80k. When I first put it in I noticed that my shifts were much smoother and less "notchy"then OE. During the winter months I found it easer to shift then OE. I have no problem recommending RP!! Btw my SVT Has seen -25c and I try to change the fluid every year (35000km).
the Getrag takes 2 and bit liters. I have had no problems with it, even with the -40 degree Saskatchewan Winters running RP synchomax.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Sep 17 2009, 08:45 PM Wrote:the Getrag takes 2 and bit liters. I have had no problems with it, even with the -40 degree Saskatchewan Winters running RP synchomax.
[right][snapback]294517[/snapback][/right]
2.1 qts , 1.98 liters as I recall reading the manual . Close to 2 liters anyway
FocusGuy7476,Sep 17 2009, 07:45 PM Wrote:the Getrag takes 2 and bit liters. I have had no problems with it, even with the -40 degree Saskatchewan Winters running RP synchomax.
[right][snapback]294517[/snapback][/right]

Thank You! this is the stuff i like to read, people who have actually used it in winter with no issue. Looks like RP FTW when i get my new clutch XD