Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Tire Swap
Bah, I thought I escaped with the car remembering the TPMS sensors from the stock rims after I did the switch Monday.

The message centre in the dashboard slapped that thought outta my head today and even if I train the sensors now, when I switch back in April will end up doing it again, because by then the sensors on the Bullitts will have gone into battery saver mode :(

I need a TPMS tool, I found the training procedure easy enough, the tool? Not so much, when I asked at Dixie Ford today they flat out told me that they can't order the tool for me <_<

I'm gonna go there with the part number for the tool on Monday and try again while they reset the sensors this time/ I have no desire to have to bug them twice a year for a procedure that I can actually do myself :blink:

NefCanuck
Scorcher000,Nov 6 2009, 09:15 AM Wrote:OK no prob,

OK TIRE
1275 Britannia Rd East, Mississauga.

Call them, ask for Joe. Say the Johnny priced you out some Barum Polarus Tires.
Ask if they have an opening or book an apointment.

905 565 5570

Make sure you confirm the price of $90 each. If he says other wise give me a call lol 416 843 3118. But you shouldn't have a prob.
[right][snapback]296921[/snapback][/right]

Do you have any sales on any packages right now?

Can you do tires that require tire pressure monitors?

Thanks
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Nov 8 2009, 12: Wrote:
Scorcher000,Nov 6 2009, 09:15 AM Wrote:OK no prob,

OK TIRE
1275 Britannia Rd East, Mississauga.

Call them, ask for Joe. Say the Johnny priced you out some Barum Polarus Tires.
Ask if they have an opening or book an apointment.

905 565 5570

Make sure you confirm the price of $90 each. If he says other wise give me a call lol 416 843 3118. But you shouldn't have a prob.
[right][snapback]296921[/snapback][/right]

Do you have any sales on any packages right now?

Can you do tires that require tire pressure monitors?

Thanks
[right][snapback]296990[/snapback][/right]

There is no really packages, its first come first serve. Stocks are running low pretty early this year lol.
Sensors, well they have to be ordered in and take atleast a day to do soo and they would be around the $75 and up range. No biggie right lol.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

NefCanuck,Nov 8 2009, 12:13 AM Wrote:Bah, I thought I escaped with the car remembering the TPMS sensors from the stock rims after I did the switch Monday.

The message centre in the dashboard slapped that thought outta my head today and even if I train the sensors now, when I switch back in April will end up doing it again, because by then the sensors on the Bullitts will have gone into battery saver mode :(

I need a TPMS tool,&nbsp; I found the training procedure easy enough, the tool?&nbsp; Not so much, when I asked at Dixie Ford today they flat out told me that they can't order the tool for me &lt;_&lt;

I'm gonna go there with the part number for the tool on Monday and try again while they reset the sensors this time/&nbsp; I have no desire to have to bug them twice a year for a procedure that I can actually do myself :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]296980[/snapback][/right]

Here you go Dan, just when you go to use it make sure you phone isn't in your poket or the polarity of the signal will kill the phone and set fire to the TPMS tool lol. or water on the unit will electricute you, and a couple other things I can't remember hmm, oh well. Its a good price.

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=111
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Went back to Dixie Ford this time with part number in hand. Much different story this time and they ordered the tool no problem. I should have it in a day or so.

As nice as &quot;universal&quot; TPMS tool would be, the extra steps including an OBD II code reader / reset tool for some applicatrions make it far less useful than it would appear at first glance. &lt;_&lt;

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 10 2009, 10:29 AM Wrote:Went back to Dixie Ford this time with part number in hand.&nbsp; Much different story this time and they ordered the tool no problem.&nbsp; I should have it in a day or so.

As nice as &quot;universal&quot; TPMS tool would be, the extra steps including an OBD II code reader / reset tool for some applicatrions make it far less useful than it would appear at first glance. &lt;_&lt;

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]297093[/snapback][/right]

No man, no extra steps, arm the divice, ready the car and point it at the Front Left tire then follow around counter clockwise stopping at each tire for 30secs.
Piece of cake. The OBII is only for older Nissan's and other older cars.

Thank you, you've answered all my questions in the other thread.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
BAHAHAHAHHA Just got back :D im amazed the price quoted here was the exact SAME as billed

problem is now my car between the fact ive neglected to WASH IT and the new winters it looks like ive off-roaded it to many times

whats REAAALY odd the old tires when they are rolled side by side with the news are about 2 inch's SHORTER then the new ones yet the cars stance and handling is the same O.o

granted the old tires are 195/60R15's and the new winters are 195/65R15 the height of the car hasn't changed

[Image: IMAG0047.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0048.jpg]
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
Wagon #3- 02 SE Zetec Wagon (Twilight Blue)
Good to know I can help ppl out.
The prices I give are exact when I do the final count with tax.

Enjoy :D

yeah ill probably be returning soon for a set for the truck and more goodies next summer XD and probably another new set of summer/rain only tires ROTFL
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
Wagon #3- 02 SE Zetec Wagon (Twilight Blue)
Broke down and bought those Firestone Winterforce tires for the Escape. Yes, I know several of you just soiled yourself. Send me your dry cleaning bills.

Bought them oversize, too - 245/75R16s. Did it for the ground clearance boost (.75&quot;), plus I know that size indeed fits on the Escape. That and now that I've done that, I have a reason to go find a good deal on 18&quot; Edge rims and decent summer 50-series treads as well B)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 13 2009, 03:01 PM Wrote:Send me your dry cleaning bills.[right][snapback]297313[/snapback][/right]

On its way.

And....bout time. :P

you will kick yourself for arguing with me on the 1st snow dump you get to go through.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The coming of the apocalypse... or something equally as bad now that I've bought snow tires for the first time in years...

[Image: 14735_183553000994_510145994_3446657_4844326_n.jpg]

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Nothing wrong with that. You'll just be laughing harder at ppl in the ditch now.

Adam, have any pics of tank sitting in the back of teh truck? I want to see if that size of truck is big enough for me. I'm thinking no after i add a dog or 2 and a stroller in there...
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Nate - 2 dogs and a stroller is possible if you were to put the small half of the split seat right down. Put the stroller up front (ish) on the folded-down back seat and have the large part up for the baby. Dogs in the rear.

With the seats up? Nope.

I'll snap a pic after work with the boy and you can see for yourself. Tank by himself has piles of room in there (just in the back).

Still have summer tires on. Yeah global warming!
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.