Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged My Car In Parking Lot..
i am really pissed..
i set my alarm less sensitive, but around 6:30pm today, i got full alarm triggered showing on my 2 way remote..
went out there and this dude was there too..
he was saying, "my wife was opening door and wind blew blah blah blah, car is 2009 mazda and i need to fix mine too"...well so do i..

i got his info photocopied and he said he doesn't have money with him and saying he is going back to military base tomorrow..
well that left me to go through insurance company..

but should i go through insurance or get a quote from bodyshop and contact this guy to send me cheque or something?
it is his fault, my insurance is not going to go up right??

where the door handle is, it got big dent and paint peeled off..
i will take some pic tomorrow in the morning..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Dec 29 2009, 12:34 AM Wrote:i am really pissed..
i set my alarm less sensitive, but around 6:30pm today, i got full alarm triggered showing on my 2 way remote..
he was saying, "my wife was opening door and wind blew blah blah blah, car is 2009 mazda and i need to fix mine too"...well so do i..

i got his info photocopied and he said he doesn't have money with him and saying he is going back to military base tomorrow..

but should i go through insurance or get a quote from bodyshop and contact this guy to send me cheque or something?

[right][snapback]298915[/snapback][/right]

if it was his falt his insurance would pay for it and your insurance would not be effected.

butt most parking lots are privet property or sum thing like that. and his insurance most likely wont cover it because of this. parking lots are weird places there deff not a good place to get in an accident

im not a 100% shur on this but i know my buddy was hit a year ago and the guy that hit him was not obligated to fix it through his insurance it had to be settled in court
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
Jmountney1,Dec 29 2009, 12:55 AM Wrote:
konafocuswrc,Dec 29 2009, 12:34 AM Wrote:i am really pissed..

[right][snapback]298915[/snapback][/right]

if it was his falt his insurance would pay for it and your insurance would not be effected.

butt most parking lots are privet property or sum thing like that. and his insurance most likely wont cover it because of this. parking lots are weird places there deff not a good place to get in an accident

im not a 100% shur on this but i know my buddy was hit a year ago and the guy that hit him was not obligated to fix it through his insurance it had to be settled in court
[right][snapback]298916[/snapback][/right]

U r right, parking lots are private property and not even cops care about them. your insurance will pay to fix and your cost will go up most likely. Sorry to say but i think its just better for you to pay out of your own pocket!
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

It will be under your comprehensive coverage, your rates shouldnt go up unless you put in a lot of claims. You'll likely have to pay your deductible, but you do have the ability to sue to recover it unless you don't have witnesses and then he can pull the "my word is against yours", but the fact that you have his info will help your case. The insurance may even waive your deductible in this case.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Dad was in an accident in shopping mall. Drunk hit him. Clearly drunk driver. Cops........didn't want to get involved. Drunk had no money. Dad fixed car at cost to insurance of $5500. Rates went up. No priors for 7+ years.

Get the guy to pay.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
even it is 100% his fault, there is chance for my insurance to go up??
i wasn't even driving, car was sitting out there for 8 hours..

i gotta take a pic first and see what body shop or mobile touch up guys says..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Dec 28 2009, 09:46 PM Wrote:even it is 100% his fault, there is chance for my insurance to go up??
i wasn't even driving, car was sitting out there for 8 hours..

i gotta take a pic first and see what body shop or mobile touch up guys says..
[right][snapback]298927[/snapback][/right]

Same situation happened to my car with someone else's door flying open - dents and scratches! Police didn't care and I didn't go through Insurance so my rates wouldn't go up!

Get an estimate and make him pay
OAC_Sparky,Dec 28 2009, 09:34 PM Wrote:It will be under your comprehensive coverage, your rates shouldnt go up unless you put in a lot of claims. You'll likely have to pay your deductible, but you do have the ability to sue to recover it unless you don't have witnesses and then he can pull the "my word is against yours", but the fact that you have his info will help your case. The insurance may even waive your deductible in this case.
[right][snapback]298920[/snapback][/right]

That's sounds pretty bang on.

You can always call your insurance and ask them without putting a claim in when I had a fender bender with My Jeep and buddy was a little shady I called and asked them some questions since my Jeep had no damage they were super helpfull and told me if I wanted to make a claim to call back and gave me his extention. I never called back and nothing was on file and no one called back to check with me or anything. Im with bel air.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Your insurance is going to be the one that pays for it. So you pay a deductable, right. Make him sign a piece of paper saying that it is his fault 1000% if they do the whole parking lot not covered thing. Tones of pics, and the best is to get a quote and send him a bill.

Good luck. Make sure you know where he lives and whos in the house at different time of the day just incase they decide to shaft you lol :ph34r:
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Dec 29 2009, 10:57 AM Wrote:Your insurance is going to be the one that pays for it. So you pay a deductable, right. Make him sign a piece of paper saying that it is his fault 1000% if they do the whole parking lot not covered thing. Tones of pics, and the best is to get a quote and send him a bill.

Good luck. Make sure you know where he lives and whos in the house at different time of the day just incase they decide to shaft you lol&nbsp; :ph34r:
[right][snapback]298946[/snapback][/right]

You did get his info right.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

3 years ago a guy in an F150 smashed my car door with his at home depot parking lot. We exchanged info and his insurance paid for it..

$550 in damage

Best thing to do is call you insurance company and explain the situation
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
when i got t-boned in a private property parking lot, the other guys insurance paid for the damages they even Waived my deductible when they deemed him to be at fault. why u gotta call the cops? just go into a police station and file a accident report, a cop isnt gonna be dispatched for one measly fender bender. if u have the police report, chances are his or her insurance will pay the cost.
My other ride is your Mom
u know what piss me off??
remember another accident that girl on her phone cutting 3 lanes at once whioch was at 100% her fault??
that thing is same date as this!!
this parking lot thing happened on 28th 2009!!and girl thing was on 28th 2007!!

what the hell is going on with this ppl on 28th..

here is damage pics..

[Image: IMG_5942.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5943.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5944.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5946.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5948.jpg]
what i concern about this damage is, that dent can be pop out and paint can be touched up and buff but that body line is..

who damaged my car told me he doesn't have cash on his hands and he was the one gave me all his info, so i m not going to bother insurance, i will just go bodyshop and get quote on it..and call this guy and ask him to send me cheque or something..
I wouldn't do that get a quote and call him and tell him whats the cost is don't just drop the bomb on him. If he doesn't like the quote let him suggest a shop.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

i m gonna get quote written on paper with body shop name on it..
then make a photocopy and send it to his address..
by the way, he lives at borden, on.. where military base is..
You do the crime, you gotta pay the time.
He'll pay one way or another.
Man oh man, that looks like it was a heavy door to make that dent.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

My advice, call him, fax him the quote. Don't wait for him to get the mail, it will take too long and he may get sent overseas. Get him to agree to it, if not, go through his insurance.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Do this asap before he decides he doesn't want to pay...
just get a quote, but you dont have to actually fix your car, you can leave it like that, its not gonna fall apart or anything, and who knows if someone hits your door again.
just collect the $$ from the dude. i never fix dents/dings when people hit me, i just collect the $$ cus its gonna get dented again, trust me.
My other ride is your Mom