Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tint Levels?
I'm goin' to Apple Auto Glass hopefully next week to get the car tinted.

What level tint would look best? 20% all around? 35? Mixed? (yeah, mixed looks like ass sometimes)

Gord, I know we had this discussion already :D

I'm just in a poll-whoring mood and can't make up my mind about the level of tint.

Post away guys! You've seen pics of the car so far... and I will be adding the velcro to the headlights for the smoked headlight covers I've got (for daytime driving).
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
20% all around...you will regret 35%....
my Focus is 20 all around and the Cobra is 20 sides and 5 back...
5 back makes it hard to see at nite when reversing

never been hassled by the cops or anything for the 20%
2004 SVT Cobra # 1474
[Image: bizness21.jpg]
2002 SVT Focus # 1741
I voted 20% also. I went with 5% on the back windows and it's a little to dark. I wish I just went with a 20% all around but here in Sask, you can't have anything on the front windows.
I went 35% on the driver & passenger side windows and the rest is 50%! I think it looks great! ;)
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
I have Limo Tint all around except for the front. I like and have no problem at night. It was suggested by the installer. Here is a pic.

[Image: SVTFocus2003LimoTint.jpg]
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Yeah like i said before 20% all around.........

you've seen mine and my sister's and they're both 20% all around

My sister's was done at Tint king and seems abit darker than mine too

OH YEAH!
Don't forget to get a windsheild banner done too!

Most places will do it for $10-15 bucks, and don't let them bullshit yo about 6" on the windsheild because mine is easily 10" and i haven't had any trouble with it yet!
But a 7"-8" strip would be good.
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I totally zoned on the windshield banner, thanks for the info man.

Yeah I'm leaning towards 20% right now. Calling after lunch to make the appointment.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
dont go too dark, you'll be sorry.
i have 35 on the backs and 50 on the fronts, but im wishing that it was a little darker. So, i voted for the 35 front and 20 rear. It'll all look good with ur tinted turns, and ur tinted tails (if you've done those yet)
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
STOP BEING SILLY GUYS****

yOU all know that mirror tint is soooo sexy...

WHHaaaaaat????
20% all around.
I've got 5% on the back windows and 20% on the front, don't have an complaints, and its really not that bad seein out it at nite.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I have 5% in the back on my ZX5 and 20% on the driver and passenger side. It looks great and i havn't run into any visibility/legal issues yet. I recomend that if you like to sink back in your seat and have the guy beside you wondering "who drives that fast focus?" :lol:
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
I think I'm going 20% all the way around... any darker around here is a license to pull you over and play the 20 questions game :)

Thanks tho guys... I appreciate the suggestions and help :)

NOS2Go4Me,Feb 18 2005, 01:19 AM Wrote:I think I'm going 20% all the way around... any darker around here is a license to pull you over and play the 20 questions game :)

Thanks tho guys... I appreciate the suggestions and help :)
[right][snapback]87274[/snapback][/right]

Ontario darkest legal tint for the front side windows are 35%.
It's probably safer to go with 35% all around. My brother did 20% all around and he got pulled over several times for it and got a ticket.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
I used some spray paint on my Zx5 back in the day mix with a little paint thinner it works great ;)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Feb 19 2005, 06:41 PM Wrote:I used some spray paint on my Zx5 back in the day mix with a little paint thinner it works great ;)
[right][snapback]87691[/snapback][/right]
sad part is...hes telling the truth....
2004 SVT Cobra # 1474
[Image: bizness21.jpg]
2002 SVT Focus # 1741
I just booked it in for Thursday at lunch, should be done easily by 4:30. :D

Fader Tint :D :D :D

Top Black
Bottom Red

Effective tint is about 25%. The fader part is very low up front (as the fader portion is 100% mirror) about 1.5" to about 3.5" fader in the back.

I'm 10% illegal (35% is the legal tint in Ontario.. I think)
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
35% front & 20% rest of.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...