Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Belt Chime
Anybody wanna know how to permenantly disable the seat belt warning beep thing ? ( not that gay pull the seat belt in and out 50 times nonsense... ) My way the beep will NEVER ever beep again. EVER!!!.... I never saw anyone post yet about a permanant way to do this and I found out how by acident the other day.

Two wires coming out of the bottom of the drivers seat belt that run all the way under the seat.... just cut them. both. the beeping is their only function, you wont have any problems or warning lights or codes or anything after you cut them..... you could always reconnect them later if you changed your mind.

just thought some people mite like to know.
Mine doesn't chime. Just a light on the dash
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Sep 17 2004, 01:32 AM Wrote:Mine doesn't chime. Just a light on the dash
The chime doesn't start until you drive for a bit...scared the s**t out of me the first time it happened.
Mine also doesn't chime, I followed the instructions in the manual, do the hokey-pokey, and it works just dandy.

Seat belts save lives anyways guys. B)
hey there sorry to burst you bubble but foci belts actually have what they call pretensioners on them that act on the air bag system. when the air bags blow these little things blow and help lock your seatbelts, thats why if anyone here has racked thiers up can maybe help me, that the belts were replaced when the air bags were deployed when the belt material was fine
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
You can disable it using the HOW TO in the link below.....

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=38
Crazirich,Sep 17 2004, 03:42 AM Wrote:hey there sorry to burst you bubble but foci belts actually have what they call pretensioners on them that act on the air bag system.  when the air bags blow these little things blow and help lock your seatbelts, thats why if anyone here has racked thiers up can maybe help me, that the belts were replaced when the air bags were deployed when the belt material was fine
huh ??? yes I know there are pretensioners.... so what ? that has nothing to do with anything..... and they work separate from the airbag system.

I took ALL my airbags out anyway..... dead weight. Pointless safety features (you dont need air bags if you dont care if you live or die )

this post is not about stopping the seatbelts from working.... its about removing the retarded idiot lights and chime that go on if you have the key in the ignition.... like if you are testing something electrical on the car... the damn chime gets sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.... yes I know the seat belt is not on... I'm not in the damn car !!!! so shut up you gay ford computer machine safety whore!!!!!!!!.

thank you, goodnite
there is a little harness bolted to the underside of the seat. just pull the harness off from the seat and stuff it back under the carpeting... did it to mine and i never get the chime.... handy if you run a race harness on the street like i do! :D
ZX3TUNING,Sep 17 2004, 05:00 AM Wrote:there is a little harness bolted to the underside of the seat. just pull the harness off from the seat and stuff it back under the carpeting... did it to mine and i never get the chime.... handy if you run a race harness on the street like i do! :D
exactly.
CARELESSmtrsprts,Sep 17 2004, 12:53 AM Wrote:thank you, goodnite
Elvis has left the building.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Why unplug stuff, do that 'DISABLE' in the thread I posted.....???
THANK YOU!!!! I knew there must be a way of doing this and I have read my manuel a few times but never discovered this.
It's alot easier to just do the seatbelt chime disable in the thread I posted compared to unplugging things. Why unplug something when you can disable it easily in a few steps. I guess both work but I prefer the method in the link I posted.
There are some people in this world who prefer to take the time and do mods properly such as unplugging a wire harness, so it can easily be reversed if needed, and there are some people who prefer to just cut wires and have the same thing done and dont care about reversing the mod later on. There is no point in arguing with these people, as they are already hardheaded and want to do as they wish.
My other ride is your Mom
Definitely, no arguing here. Just like you said, some do it one way, some another.
lol I don't know man, I always wear my seat belt anyway... but if I was working on the car and it kept going off, first thing I'd figure on doing is just fasten the damn seat belt! :rolleyes: You don't need to be sitting in it to plug it in :o
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Oh yeah I always wear mine. I actually don't mind that chime one bit, I never hear it since I put my seatbelt on right after or before I start my car.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seat Belt Minder + Key Pad Questions Acid0057 12 3,533 06-22-2007, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Acid0057
  Seat Belt Alarm Fader 9 4,565 10-17-2006, 02:20 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck