Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grill Lights As Drl
Hello everyone, I have a question. People have talked about putting the turn signals in the HID's as Drl's, in my SVT the lights in the grill serve no purpose other than to be lit up at night so I was wondering if these can be used as drl's? How can I go about doing this? Thanks

P.S. US Spec SVT with HID's
microbunny,Feb 27 2005, 06:38 AM Wrote:
BFocusSVT,Feb 27 2005, 06:13 AM Wrote:Hello everyone, I have a question. People have talked about putting the turn signals in the HID's as Drl's, in my SVT the lights in the grill serve no purpose other than to be lit up at night so I was wondering if these can be used as drl's? How can I go about doing this? Thanks

P.S. US Spec SVT with HID's
[right][snapback]89729[/snapback][/right]

Why would you want to...stop being a cheap asshole and go get a euro or rs grille...
[right][snapback]89730[/snapback][/right]

^^^^ YUP!!

why bother with DRLs if they're not required?

mine are required and i still don't have 'em!!

oh and i went with a '98 RS grille instead B)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Well not to call you an asshole like Paul did, but yeah, I went with the Euro grill as well. I don't have any lights on during the day anymore. DRL SUCK!
Run your car, not your mouth
It's good to know that my post is being filled with people who have no lives (the a-hole and you suck guys)...for those of you who actually attempted to stay on this thread thanks. I just really wanted to get these lights to function as DRL's does anyone have a real answer to this?

Any admins, or moderators out there that can do something about these clowns.

just ignore those clowns, its a trend around here to post whore stupid brainless crap for some durring the week end. :rolleyes:

As for Drl I am sure you could remove the daytime running fuse then wire those to the parking light from the grill so they replace the grill parking lights, nothing stoip you from putting white bulbs in em so they become flashing turn signal driving lights.

-Marc
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
its teh middle wire of the turns

then they only light up when turning
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Feb 27 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:its teh middle wire of the turns

then they only light up when turning
[right][snapback]89924[/snapback][/right]

They aren't used as blinkers on an SVT they're used as running lamps.
If u want your grille blinkers as DRL's then you only need to use one set of the ligth bulb filament as the running lights, all you need to do is on the back of the ligth bulb harness, unplug the factory grille harness, and connect either major & Ground or Minor and Ground to a set of wires, then route them into your fuse panel area under the hood, locate your DRL relay, and do a test on the leads with a multi-metre, and find out which one is + when the car is on, wire that into one of the wires, then find a grounding spot or ground - lead in the drl relay and wire the other wire into it, I strongly recommend putting an inline fuse on the + wire, there you go, it should work to your expectations.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Feb 27 2005, 08:58 PM Wrote:If u want your grille blinkers as DRL's then you only need to use one set of the ligth bulb filament as the running lights,  all you need to do is on the back of the ligth bulb harness, unplug the factory grille harness, and connect either major & Ground or Minor and Ground to a set of wires, then route them into your fuse panel area under the hood,  locate your DRL relay, and do a test on the leads with a multi-metre, and find out which one is + when the car is on, wire that into one of the wires, then find a grounding spot or ground - lead in the drl relay and wire the other wire into it, I strongly recommend putting an inline fuse on the + wire, there you go, it should work to your expectations.
[right][snapback]89945[/snapback][/right]

Could I just cut the power wire that goes into the bulb and run a wire from it to a wire that has a + when vehicle is on. On the harness there is already a ground, I just need a wire in the engine bay that is only on when the car is to connect to harness.
yes u can do that, but your grille blinkers will still blink when you signal them, so having them disconnected totally (remove the harness completely) will avoid that because you will be using your built-in blinkers in your hid lights instead. but yes, you can use the ground wire anywhere, u dont necessarily have to tap into where I told you to.. and as for tapping it elsewhere, yes any circuit that has +12V when the car is on will work, its just that the DRL circuit does that already so I recommended that one, but ur free to re-wire.
My other ride is your Mom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clear Grill Lights dmcisaac 6 1,658 04-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Last Post: dmcisaac